Old 06-13-2003, 01:52 PM   #16  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Thanks you guys!!

I am going to print it out and put it in the front of my motivation book.

It has been my click. I am doing great. passed up cookies, even!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 02:21 AM   #17  
Catwoman

Oh the innocence of little children, how they love and adore you now matter what your weight. It is horrible to think one day he may be teased for having a plus size mom. It really is a motivation to stay OP
That was so lovely Sandi do keep it. You can really write well. Good luck
KittyMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 03:11 PM   #18  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Sandi that was really great. I know that so many of us are in the same boat. We want so much to lose weight and it is so darned hard even when we have the best motivation in the world. Our kids. I think the exact same thing as you. My little guy is starting to be too much for me and it is only because of my weight and it makes me absolutely sick. I've thought so many times that I don't want my son to grow up with a fat mom. They have such a tough time as it is and peer pressure has only gotten worse. I don't want to add to his problems by being teased because of my weight. I want to be able to do so much with him and I won't if I continue down this path I am on.

I know Sandi that both of us have made many new starts that have unfortunately not been as successful as we might have hoped. Let's make this our last new start and keep on going til we make our goals. Best wishes!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 10:06 PM   #19  

Sandi,

Thanks for giving me something to think about. My sons are 11 and 13 but that doesnt even matter, they're still my 'baby boys'. Luke, my 11 yr old, is overweight also and I just have to do this so that he'll be able to do it also. I didnt have a weight problem until adulthood and it breaks my heart that he's going thru it already. I've got to be the example he needs!

Miki
MikiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 03:47 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

You just made tears come to my eyes.

I feel exactly the way that you do and I talk about doing it for Brandon (my 14 month old).

There's nothing that I wouldn't do for him, so why should I stop there. I need to get to a healthy weight now.

You are so right!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 03:56 PM   #21  
Student of the Hoof

Hey Sandi - My daughter was my click, too. She's 14 now, and I heard her saying things like "god, I'm SO fat." and "I hate how I look, I hate who I am!" And you know what, it broke my heart. I realized that my unhealthy attitudes and habits had been inflicted upon those people I would never have intentionally hurt, my children. I realized the only real way to teach was to be an example... soooooo, here I am. When my daughter realized I was serious (her first comment when I mentioned I was going to start working out and eating right was "oh yeah, right Mom, sure.") and I'd lost about 15 pounds (when her comment was, "Gee Mom, you have lost weight, your gut doesn't stick out past your boobs now!") she started asking me for help. And then my son took interest, too. And as my daughter keeps reminding ME now, it's not about the number on the scale as much as it is about losing inches and fitting into smaller clothes and feeling healthy. It doesn't mean I don't have bad days, but I know why I'm doing this, and there is no question that I will go the distance now.

Jacob has a Mommy who really cares, he's a lucky boy.
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 11:38 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 330/325/170

Sandi ~~ That is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing that with us. I also have a two year old named Jacob who is the love of my life along with his older brother Matthew. They are the main reason I am on this journey.

Thanks again.
StarvingPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:37 AM   #23  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sandi, no fair making me cry! That was so amazing! Jacob is one very lucky boy to have a mom who not only loves him so deeply, but is aware of what she needs to do to fully be there for him and is willing to do it, no matter how hard. Bless you for being such a great mom, and for giving me further inspiration to lose this weight so I can do all the things you mentioned with my future children!

BTW, my mom has never lost her weight. She tries, and I know that she loves us, but she just hasn't been able to do it. And we do worry, a lot, that we'll lose her because of it. Thanks for showing me that we don't all have to end up that way.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 03:56 PM   #24  

Sandi, that was so sweet and written with some much love. I can relate to everything that you said. I am happy to say though that since I changed my families eating habits my son has lost an additonal 20 pounds. He has lost a total of about 40 pounds. He has about 20 to go I would say. Once he tones up his belly he will be good to go. I am so proud of him. For being only 14 he has done an exceptional job.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 11:56 PM   #25  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Thanks Guys!! I still mean every word. I will do this for him!!!

Tammy - How wonderful that your son is having success!! You must be very proud of him.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:29 PM   #26  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

bumping for Sandi, cause I love ya!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:09 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Wow! I just saw my response to your note too...

I can't believe the time has flown - Brandon is going to be 4 in March.
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #28  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

This is so cool that it got bumped
there are so many people on here that I miss!! gonostar, denise.. where did they all go?
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #29  

Height: 5"4

Oh Gosh, now I'm fat and have mascara running down my face. LOL!
Seriously that was very beautiful. It's wonderful to have something that can motivate you that much.
I have two little "motivaters" at home myself
cinnamonspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #30  
Who needs sleep?

Aww - that is so sweet! My DS is my motivation, too - I don't want him to develop the terrible habits that have plagued me my whole life.
H-ko is offline   Reply With Quote