3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   You STILL have time! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/284215-you-still-have-time.html)

Goddess Jessica 07-01-2013 06:20 PM

You STILL have time!

During the summer, I always feel like 3FC gets a little slow. People have packed away their bikini plans and are either wearing them or given up trying to wear them!

Not only has my resolutions gone down in flames but I've actually GAINED weight. Oh dear. This was not how I pictured my year going. It's so easy to pack it in, right? Like, okay, well I am failing at this, might as well not think about goals until December (post-Christmas-binge-eating-month).

But here's the truth.
There are 6 months left in 2013!
That's 26 weeks to do something about it.
That's 184 days!

That's a lot of time to make a difference.

Mozzy 07-01-2013 06:26 PM

Thank you, I need this reminder today!

vdander24 07-01-2013 06:46 PM

THANK YOU!!! I, too need this reminder. Was doing okay for a bit, and now trying to get firmly back on track!

PreciousMissy 07-01-2013 06:50 PM

Dear Goddess Jessica,

If my body is bikini ready in December I'll still strut my stuff around the house.

Sincerely,

Preciousmissy

p.s.
Thanks for the reminder that there's still 6 months in this year to do something great!

vdander24 07-01-2013 07:08 PM

Hah! Preciousmissy, that is awesome! If I can make a dent in my body by December, I may not put a bikini on, but I WILL post a pic. That will be good motivation!

Brandibooxoxo 07-01-2013 08:27 PM

Thats a great point hopefully ill be bikini ready by feb. Thats when fiance and I are getting married and having our Honeymoon cruise.

Elladorine 07-01-2013 10:11 PM

Six months?! :dizzy: That's when my baby is due, so I've got a free pass! ;) But seriously, I was only 12 pounds away being overweight for the first time in my life when I got pregnant! 12 POUNDS!!! I've worked too hard let that slip away! :^:

I can't try to lose weight until after I have the baby of course, or for a while after if I can pull off breastfeeding. However, I'm spending the next 6 months eating as healthy as possible (with the occasional treat) and I'm making sure to get low-impact exercise in. I'm continuing to track my food regardless, and plan on continuing good habits regardless of needing to gain. I have a good feeling I'll be able to transition back into weight loss mode when it's time.

Good luck to everyone, make this year count! :hug: I'm trying to make every moment count even though my goals are currently different. :preg:

punkrocksong 07-01-2013 10:18 PM

Great reminder! I'll be happy if I have the guts to buy a 1 piece by the end of the year!

mariposssa 07-02-2013 01:58 AM

There is no bikini in my future. My goals are way more long term than a summer bikini. ;) BUT, when we go on our cruise for Fall Break I am gonna rock that tankini with a skirt thing! lol

Kitcherella 07-02-2013 02:18 AM

Let me join in saying - thanks for the reminder.
I've been stuck for so long, gaining one kilo, losing one. 6 months then!

betsy2013 07-02-2013 11:10 AM

Even if I don't lose another ounce by the end of the year -- and I sincerely hope that's not the case -- just maintaining means that I'll end the year 60 pounds lighter than I started it. And maintaining for six months would be a first for me. Heck, maintaining for a week would be a first for me! ;)

fadedbluejeans 07-02-2013 11:31 AM

I'm with you Betsy! I've been basically maintaining my 25 pound loss for a month now, and I keep reminding myself that its still 25 less than I was at this time last year :)

Radiojane 07-02-2013 12:17 PM

Amen sister. Never mind the bikini's.... think about the New Year's dresses!

Mara 07-02-2013 12:21 PM

I needed this. :)

time2lose 07-02-2013 01:36 PM

I am thinking about the Christmas shopping, going to see the lights at the zoo, cleaning and decorating my house and the general whirlwind of the season. How wonderful it will be to physically keep up with everyone else!

Thanks for posting this, Jessica!