3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   50 Down... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/284186-50-down.html)

punkrocksong 07-01-2013 07:38 AM

50 Down...

I've officially lost 51 lbs! I'm a 1/3 of the way to my goal. I thought I was going to cry when I got on the scale yesterday morning and I was at 259. It's been at least seven years since I was in the 250's. I've gone from almost a size 26 down to a 20-22 in pants. I went from eating probably 5000 calories a day to a much healthier average of 1600 calories a day. I've gone from coming home from work and staring at the TV/computer screen 4-5 hrs every night to taking walks, exercising in my living room, and staying active every night.

I fit into restaurant booths, I can wear a sleeveless top without being super embarrassed of my arms, I can carry my laundry up two flights of stairs without getting winded, I can take my nieces out for ice cream without indulging myself, I can actually run a full mile...there are so many things I CAN do now that I couldn't less than three months ago.

I think the biggest part of this journey so far for me has been the emotional one. I've been taking the time to really understand why I let myself get to this point and what I need to do to make sure I never end up where I was at ever again. I don't want to use my weight as an excuse not to do things anymore...and every week I think I've gotten a little bit stronger, and a little bit more confident.

I know I've done this on my own and I'm going to give myself credit for it, which is something I usually don't do. But saying that, I don't know if I would have had the strength to do it without the amazing support I've received here and without reading about all of the amazing stories from all of you.

I'm being positive and focused for the first time in my life and I just wanted to thank everyone on here for your support. Only 99 lbs to go!

startingagain1 07-01-2013 08:14 AM

That's fantastic!! Well done you.
I woke up and today I've officially lost 3 stone (42lbs)
Lets keep fighting that fat!
CONGRATULATIONS!

wannaskipandlaugh 07-01-2013 08:23 AM

:congrat: :congrat: :congrat: :congrat: and 1 of :woohoo:

YEAH Punkrocksong! YIPEE YAHOOOOOOO I am so so so very happy for you! I know that you are on top of the world! I can barely see you up there! lol Congratulations on doing so very well and taking care of yourself! (You and I have been on the same mission with just the same weight to get off) I am so glad that you have done this for yourself. Isn't it neat about all the things you can do now? Yeah.. its like life is starting over!!!!

1 more :congrat: !!!!

LebenAlles 07-01-2013 09:09 AM

That's freakin awesome!! Very very happy for you :) I can remember losing my first 50 and it was absolutely epic...definitely when it really set in that 'hey, im really doing this. I've got this'
Congrats!!

Mara 07-01-2013 09:40 AM

That is wonderful!!!

Ubee 07-01-2013 10:06 AM

I am so happy for you!:congrat:

Thanks for all you contribute to this site!

veggiedawg 07-01-2013 10:23 AM

:D Congrats!!! You ROCK!!! :D

zoesmom 07-01-2013 10:26 AM

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Oh...happy day! :hug: SO freaking happy for you!

Only Believe 07-01-2013 11:16 AM

:congrat: That's wonderful! Great work!! I love inspiring posts like this and I can't wait to share my own when I reach 50 lbs lost. :)

time2lose 07-01-2013 11:30 AM

:cp::cp: Congratulations, that is wonderful!

Quote:

Originally posted by punkrocksong I fit into restaurant booths, I can wear a sleeveless top without being super embarrassed of my arms, I can carry my laundry up two flights of stairs without getting winded, I can take my nieces out for ice cream without indulging myself, I can actually run a full mile...there are so many things I CAN do now that I couldn't less than three months ago.
This made me grin. :D It is so wonderful that we don't have to get to any goal weight to reap the rewards of weight loss. We are treated to many rewards on the way.

betsy2013 07-01-2013 11:34 AM

Way to go! I loved your feelings of affirmation and your positive attitude! So refreshing and so inspirational.

lulu3 07-01-2013 11:57 AM

Punk, that is soooooo fantastic!! Keep up the great work!! It's funny, but when I lose, I try to imagine what I lost in concrete terms.....like 5 bags of 10#sugar....or 1 bag of 50 pound dog food....and to think we carried that around with us everyday:yikes:

:congrat:

bethFromDayton 07-01-2013 12:05 PM

Try and pick something up that weighs 50 lbs--it's an amazing feeling to know that's how much you've lost. Congrats!!!!

--Beth

Goddess Jessica 07-01-2013 12:39 PM

SO AMAZING! You are my hero!

Mozzy 07-01-2013 01:59 PM

Super congrats!!!!