Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Heading to the mountains tomorrow for my company's retreat - picked a great, fairly strenuous hike for Saturday, which will do a lot to offset the freely-flowing booze and food that characterize the rest of this event...
Oh, I love this comment! LOL
Old 07-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #92  

I think I just lost my whole post I typed out. Hope I'm not repeating myself.

I have not been on the scale for a couple days because I feel fat and don't want to see a gain. My BS was 143 this morning and although that is not good, it is so much lower than it has been in the past few months. I have been limiting my starchy carbs while not eliminating them and I started taking Metamucil. It is said to lower cholesterol and BS. The first time I took the recommended dose (1tsp in 8 oz water) it filled me up so much I could barely eat my meal. I think it swells up and absorbs your food and whisks it through your intestinal tract, so your body does not absorb all of the glucose into your blood stream, or something like that. Last night before bed I took half dose, 1/2 tsp in 4 oz water. You have to drink a lot of water when you take it, and that fills you up, too. If it is going to lower my BS then I will continue with it as long as I don't have any bad side effects. I got the sugar free. I try not to take it around the same time as I take my meds because I do want my meds absorbed into my body properly.

Starbrite - I will say your friend chose a nicer way to tell you they noticed you had gained. It's possible that they did think you had lost too much weight. Sometimes people get used to you the way you were and think you are too thin when you lose. As for your brother, men naturally have a low fat level because of their muscle. Don't compare yourself to someone else. I am new here and don't know much about your weight loss journey, but from your stats, you seem to have done very well.

OnaMi - Maybe your brother is just concerned about you since you worked so hard at this and he doesn't want you to blow it all. It's hard to say without knowing what your relationship is with your brother. My husband used to make horrible, hurtful comments to me. I don't know why he quit doing that, but I'm glad he did. He thought an insult would make me try harder to lose weight, but it just discouraged me more and caused me to resent him.

You can't just lose weight and then go about your life. It is going to be a constant battle the rest of our lives.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #93  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I'm 202 today. (going by heavier scale now) my other one is unreliable. so all of my measurements will be skewed up by like 2 pounds. oh well...
Old 07-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka8941 View Post
I'm 202 today. (going by heavier scale now) my other one is unreliable. so all of my measurements will be skewed up by like 2 pounds. oh well...
As long as your scale shows if you went up or down, that's all that's important!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #95  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Oh, I love this comment! LOL
Haha, I am glad.

I am back from the weekend in the mountains, rewarded with a 2-pound bounce upward. I am not too concerned about it. I controlled my eating and drinking at the company parties about as well as could reasonably be expected. And that hike I took on Saturday was a serious workout - 9 miles total, with about a 1700-foot elevation change.

Back to normal today, normal workout, normal eating.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #96  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Sam, I know it is easier said than done because I am constantly reminded of my once before weight loss. And the person that told you that you look better with more meat on you what does she look like? Please look at yourself and say I am healthier than I was and the victory is mine. I have loss the weight and I have not regained it. You may not be where you want to be but you have still made a great accomplishment more than some like me can say.

Joy glad you're weekend was OP and quite productive. Way to go I you and Amanda in Insanity. I am clearly just lazy I guess. I don't want to do the least of the workout DVD's

Ona great job at Mother's ... be proud of yourself I was stronger. I haven't done well the last two days at all but thank you anyway

Carol Sue I would love to see the 140's for bs. Mine has been high the last two days, smh. Not good at all. I tried Metamucil years ago. I don't know why I stopped and whether it worked or not. What is the time difference on taking your Metformin and drinking the Metamucil? Glad you found something that is helping

Amanda I have a scale that does that also, I put in the kids bathroom my oldest boy likes it better for some reason

carter great hike and great burn, Nice

Well I am up to 192.4 and I don't see it going down anytime soon. I am not sure what is going on with my body. I thought TOM was finally starting today but nope. So I am totally confused. Well I haven't been OP. I start my day off right and by the time I get home its all down hill. I hope that each new day is a better day and hope that I can actually stick with it.

Have a good night everyone

Last edited by love2b150; 07-16-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #97  

Rennie, I'm not sure, but I think Metformin stops your body from releasing glucose into your blood. When taken right before you eat, Metamucil forms a gel and carries your food further through your intestinal tract where it is absorbed more slowly, which is always good for BS. I was reading up on it online and some people say it did nothing for them, but some of them were taking it on an empty stomach when there was no food in their stomach for it to absorb. It's psyllium husk, which is soluble fiber. It is imperative that you drink a lot of water when you're taking it. I must not have been drinking enough so I'm having some difficulty, if you know what I mean. I did not take any yesterday until I get my body working correctly again. My BS was in the 180's today.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #98  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Carol Sue I have had an issue in that area all of my life. I may try the metamucil again after I read up on it some

Today I was up a pound to 193.4. The scale is clearly moving in the wrong direction. TOM finally started so that explains my bloated feel and look this morning. I didn't feel good at all. Didn't eat a lot today but came home from Bible study really hungry and had some premium rounds ... we'll see what my weigh in is in the morning.

Good night ALL
Old 07-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #99  
Becoming A Better Me

Gmornin ladies-
Classes went well yesterday and i got in an hour long full bodied strength training session and 20 minute rest in the sauna in as well as a good bit of walking around in air conditioned stores. My main food sources yesterday was alot of fruits and lean proteins and water. This a.m. im a bit stiff and achy but its all good it lets me know i got a good workout in
Ive got a dental appt this afternoon so hopefully they will go ahead and remove the broken tooth and get me on my way to a healthy mouth
Its been so unbelievably humid and they are saying no relief for the next 3 days! Today is calling for 110* in the shade and to think its not even august yet wow.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #100  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Hi folks. I didn't do so well yesterday; gave into a bit of the binge impulse after resisting it for many weeks. I am acknowledging it here in hopes that doing so helps me stave it off tonight.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #101  

I am still having the bathroom issues and I don't know if the Metamucil is causing it or not. I am still taking small amounts before some meals. My FBS was 136 this morning, almost a miracle compared to past readings. But I don't know if it's worth it to have the constipation. I thought fiber was supposed to help with that. I have upped my water consumption.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #102  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

everybody..

Been really busy.Days have been..
waking up going to exercise...
Coming home,eating..
leaving going to Mothers,help her get dressed,etc..
Leaving Mothers going back to the gym for about a hour..
Coming home cooking, resting, doing all that over again the next day and not much time for the internet.WI @ 184.4 this morning.

Last edited by OnaMi; 07-18-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #103  

Rennie, I am no longer recommending the Metamucil. I don't care how low my BS goes with it. I feel terrible. I am never constipated. I am getting really concerned about it because I had part of my bowel removed and then reattached and I remember the surgeon telling me to be careful not to get constipated. I feel like all the food I've eaten is all piled up! LOL I've been reading up about it and it keeps saying you have to drink water. Well, I'm drinking water to no avail. I am not a happy camper.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Started this challenge at 186, down to 183, goal is 179. How many days left in this month? lol...
Old 07-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #105  
Becoming A Better Me

Gmornin ladies-
TGIF! Hope everyone had a good week. I went to the dentist yesterday and had 2 bottom broken molars pulled out, one on each side. Im a bit sore today and been restricted from physical activity til monday. This is the start of my journey to a healthy mouth so ill endure the temporary discomfort for it. Next month is a good cleaning and the start of getting 8 fillings done. Once i get the foundation in shape and healthy i will then be fitted for a bottom back partial plate which will definitely make me feel better and more confident.
Ladies i take a powdered fiber supplement every day with each meal to be sure i get 30-35grams of fiber a day. It can take up to 3 days to get the "full effect" and benefits from it. You should focus on fiber mainly from diet and use the supplement to tweak it. A high fiber diet is a great way to lower and maintain sugar levels. High fiber, complex carbs and exercise help regulate sugar naturally. And never eat fruit by itself when your diabetic, eat it with a lean protein to slow the absorption of the sugar so there isnt a spike in the levels. Hope this helps some.
Closed Thread