3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Don't July to yourself 2013 Daily Check-in & Accountability Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/284077-dont-july-yourself-2013-daily-check-accountability-thread.html)

carter 07-11-2013 06:53 AM

I went a little over calories again yesterday, again on nutritious food. I'm not delighted about this but not too worried either. I changed my exercise routine this week and I think the change is leaving me legitimately hungry - it will take some adjusting to.

Heading to the mountains tomorrow for my company's retreat - picked a great, fairly strenuous hike for Saturday, which will do a lot to offset the freely-flowing booze and food that characterize the rest of this event... :dizzy:

Wannabehealthy 07-11-2013 09:06 AM

I am back up to 199 this morning. Grrrrrr I did not exercise, but I know I did well with my food yesterday and do not understand this. I am mad enough to say bad words, but I know that would get me kicked off the forum, so I will just say @#$%&* LOL

I see some are doing very well. Congratulations to you! And my sympathies to those like me who are struggling.

OnaMi 07-11-2013 11:06 AM

Awesome job Carter,much better than going over with Junk food.For sure that hike will do wonders,have a wonderful time.:)

Think that's just sodium Carol,you're focus w/your eating plan, doing great and focusing on what i put in my mouth is half the battle.
I know,I was just thinking that to myself this morning..I hope i can keep this up but we just have too..what other choice do we have.Going back eating any and everything whenever, for me just leads to depression and to keep reinforcing my thoughts on this is a way of life is the only way. Great Job on your decision making,it will really pay off.:)

WI @ 184.8 today,Early Ex-fit class this morning then 45 mins of ellipitical.

love2b150 07-11-2013 10:12 PM

dewitt nice job on the 9th :high:

Carol Sue, nice job on the 9th with your weigh-in and fbs :high: Great job not ordering the potato and even better passing on the bread :high: I am a visual person. I know if it were sitting on the table in front of me I would have to pinch it and then maybe eat half, no discipline in that area. So way to go :) LOL on the words :)

Thanks Leben for your comment on the 9th you are on a roll. I need to do what you're doing :)

Ona you are always so positive ... thanks for being you :hug: Nice weigh in on the 9th and what kind of watch did you purchase? Nice job on the .4 down yesterday :) And another .4 ... way to go Ms. Lady :)

Amanda, congratulations on meeting your grandfather :hug: I'm still reading but hope you have scooted back down to where you were before the 4th :)

:welcome: to the thread ValerieK happy to have you join us :) You may want to find a nice protein snack in the afternoon and maybe even have one between breakfast and lunch if you can. What do your meals usually consist of? I'm no expert still learning myself. But what I have found out like my good friend Ona has been telling me for years if I cut the carbs, I'm not as hungry and with me most evenings I can't even eat all of the dinner I have planned. Read through the threads on 3FC they are a bowl of information :)

carter, :high: on the apple and the yogurt. Discipline and diligence is what I need also :) You've got this. Have fun on the retreat, what I have observed from you over the years is you are a strong woman so eventhough you say the hike is strenuous, it will be a piece of cake for you :) Enjoy.

Joy good job on the pound down :high:

Did y'all miss me? Nope, I know but just thought I'd ask. Gotta make myself feel good sometimes :D

My weight has been the same basically and I am satisfied with that. It seems each time I think things are getting a little better in my life something else shows it's face. So the stresses of life are trying to take over but I am determined not to allow it because that is what keep me away all of the other times I left 3FC. Glad you all are here. :hug: I weighed in at 191.8 this morning which is definitely a shocker since my son decided he wanted chili and cheese fries after church last night. I couldn't resist. :drool: I was proud of myself though because when I felt full I actually stopped eating. I have never recognized that signal while eating something that wasn't good for me. I would typically eat it until it was gone. My fbs was at 188 not good at all the last descent reading I had was on 7/6 at 168 not good but better than today. Gotta get back there and also get back to the 180's before the month ends. LOL in my dreams :D

Have a wonderful evening everyone :hug:

dangerouscurvesahead 07-12-2013 07:43 AM

Gmornin yall-
Another rainy day and flood warnings galore! Dont want to complain simply because of the drought and fires out west. Ill just be thankful and keep those people in my prayers.
My goal today is to go to a 9a.m. core workout class but im so not a morning person so im really trying to get myself motivated and psyched for it though.
Rennie- your always missed lady friend! And im still in the process of gathering all the info i can for you to help you in your journey as much as possible. Let me get off here and get my butt going ugh! Have a great day!

Wannabehealthy 07-12-2013 08:38 AM

OnaMi, you were right about it being sodium. I am down to 197 today. I would like it to go faster....it seems like the weight just jumps on, why can't it just fall off? LOL

Renni
- I normally can't pass up the bread either. It is my major weakness. I used to bake home-made bread (frozen bread loaves) and I could sit down with the warm loaf of bread and a stick of butter and eat the whole thing. That was heaven to me. Now I don't make the bread at all, but like an addict, I would love to do it one more time! Last night I had a grilled chicken salad. DH ate the french fries. When the waitress brought my salad she said "Oh I forgot your garlic bread." and took off to get it before I had a chance to tell her "Never mind." I guess I didn't try very hard to stop her. Then when she brought it, I felt obligated to eat it since she made a special trip to get it. Isn't that the exact type of excuse we make when we eat something we shouldn't eat? I've got them down pat. Anyway, the garlic toast was so good. It was the garlic and butter that got me. I just wanted to suck it out of the bread. LOL

love2b150 07-12-2013 08:41 PM

Hello Everybody :wave:

Aw Joy thanks :hug: I sure need it I am slowly slipping back and I need to get a grip soon before I completely fail at this attempt to do right :)

Carol Sue, I love the garlic toast at restaurants :drool: My Mom use to make yeast rolls until I told her that I was buying them at the supermarket and though they weren't as sweet as hers they are really good. I bought some Land-O-Lakes cinnamon sugar butter and the kids wouldn't eat it said it didn't sound good yet they mix sugar and cinnamon and use a ton of butter making it themselves (silly kids) so this evening I opened it and made each one of them taste a piece. My youngest boy ate 3 slices. I only ate a square, it's really sweet. But butter bread is really good to me .... ok done with the bread stories. :D

I had a taste for tacos today so I stopped at Walmart on the way home bought more of the low net carb tortilla shells. I had 80/20 beef, lettuce, fiesta shredded cheese, sour cream and salsa now I'm full but I really want something sweet. TOM should have come yesterday but he was a no show. My boss said I just have so much going on that I'm just too stressed though I did spot a little (sorry if TMI). My weight today was 192.6, that's up .8. I really think it's the TOM bloat but idk. We shall find out.

Ona I bought some TVP. I plan to make my chicken chili again. I also finally found the oat bran down here so I'm gonna try to get back to the Dukan way as much as possible. I didn't really like the oat bran but I will give it a shot again. :)

Well have a great evening everyone :hug:

aka8941 07-13-2013 01:38 AM

pics

2 Attachment(s)
hey ladies. So my weight is anywhere from 201 to 198 as of this afternoon, the scale is pissing me off right now I can't get reliable readings. so I'm gonna share some embarrassing pics of what I've been up to the last few weeks.

First pic is day 1 of Insanity, second pic is day 6.

aka8941 07-13-2013 01:39 AM

whyyyy are my pictures sideways

Wannabehealthy 07-13-2013 07:56 AM

Rennie - I grew up eating toast with butter, cinnamon and sugar. I haven't had it in years. I know the cinnamon would be good for my blood sugar, but definately counteracted by the sugar and the bread. LOL

I love tacos, but I don't eat the taco shell. I prepare all the ingredients and then put it all over lettuce and eat it like a taco salad. And if we buy take-out tacos I scrape the filling into a bed of lettuce. Not perfect, but darn close!

I am back up to 198 this morning. There's two ways to look at this. I am only down 1 lbs from when I started on the first of the month. Or, if I continue to go up one pound, down two pounds, at least I'm going in the right direction. I guess this is why they tell you not to weigh every day. I had a sandwich with a roll for dinner yesterday but it wasn't a slip up. I thought about it very hard before eating it. I hadn't had a whole lot to eat yesterday and I decided that I can do this once in a while as long as it doesn't become an every day thing. Hmmmm, garlic toast on Thursday, roll on Friday, sounds like I AM making it an every day thing. I will have to think this through again. I would rather have had the sandwich and passed on the garlic toast with the salad, so I will try to keep that in mind for the future.

When I was first diagnosed type II DM I was in the hospital recouperating from heart surgery. They were giving me bread every day. I was allowed 5 servings of carb at each meal. That sounds like a lot, but a serving is 15gm, so a big plate of pasta is not one serving. I chose 2 servings of milk and 1 serving of fruit at each meal. At breakfast I was adding cereal and a piece of whole grain toast. Lunch and dinner usually included veggies which are carbs, but not starchy carbs. They had me on insulin but by the time I left the hospital my blood sugar was low enough that I only needed Metformin. I continued that diet for a few months after I went home and I lost weight and kept my blood sugar under control. I don't know if it's because I strayed from the diet or not, but my blood sugar gradually became worse and now I would never be able to eat that many carbs and have controlled blood sugar. I have heard that you have to keep tight dietary control and regular exercise to keep DM from becoming a progressive disease and I have not done these things on a regular basis. I blame this on the fact that I had 2 major surgeries in 2011, but I should have gotten back on track as soon as I recovered and I didn't. By that time, I was out of the habit and I just can't seem to make myself do it. My doctor said "You can, but you don't want to." And I guess he's right. :-( I want the problems to go away without doing what I know is necessary to make them go away.

love2b150 07-13-2013 11:20 AM

Amanda, I do/you can see the difference. I'm sure that is why it is called Insanity huh? :D Way to go Lady. Keep up the great work :high: And the pictures I use to post on here would always be sideways not sure why but it's ok, we get our neck exercise in that way :D have a great workout today :)

Carol Sue you know the other thing I use to eat when I was a child/younger was rice with sugar and butter :drool: so good. I have never thought about eating a taco on just lettuce. I'll have to try it next time. The tortilla's that I eat are high in fiber so they help me in that way also. I need all the help I can get in that category :) I forgot cinnamon was good for our blood sugar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy (Post 4791961)
I want the problems to go away without doing what I know is necessary to make them go away.

your quote above is me all the way. I think I am gonna add that to my signature as a reminder, if you don't mind. As of today I have gained .8 for the month. I was 190.0 on 7/1 but 189.6 on 6/30. It is what it is. :shrug:

My weigh in this morning was 190.8 that's 1.8 down from yesterday, fbs was 178 this morning. I didn't take it yesterday. But like Carol Sue said I'm gonna have to make some changes if I want to get the weight off and the bs down. Started today with a cup of bran cereal no milk, a banana and a tall cup of coffee with sf caramel mochiato. Don't know what I'll have for lunch. My SIL is here and I haven't seen her in a year. I miss her so much. She said she was thinking about moving here. I really wish she would.

Have a great day everyone and I will do my best to stay on point :crossed:

love2b150 07-14-2013 03:36 PM

Thought I had lost one post but I guess there was just a delay in it so they say almost the same thing. (deleted one)

Happy Sunday to YOU ALL :wave:

My SIL was here for the weekend. We spent most of the driving around looking for blue crabs which the city is out of. She and I aren't use to that since they are plentiful in the Washington Metropolitan area. It was weird to hear for sure. So if and when I get a chance to go back to the Northern Virginia area I guess I'll have eat my fill at that time. :D

I got up this morning to an up of .8 weighing in at 191.6. fbs 199. I can't get it right :dizzy: I did have fried fish yesterday with a few hush puppies but that was earlier in the evening. Not sure why I can't stay focused. Well the good thing is she bought the kids McDonald's and I didn't eat any but coming from my Auntie's I just remembered that I had a hot fudge sundae so that didn't help did it? :)

Have a great day Ladies, hope to see you soon :hug:

starbrite 07-14-2013 05:05 PM

Hey :wave:
Had a really bad day. Met an old friend who hadn't seen me since I put on the 30lbs . she told me "I looked good with more meat on my bones !" This upset me. I also spoke to my brother who is fond of telling me he only has 14% body fat and that he only needs to lose 5 packs of butter to be totally lean. Well, we are going on holiday with him and his wife in 2 weeks. I feel crappy because I've gained and he obviously feels good. Gahhhhh need to get head in order. Can't go otherwise.

dangerouscurvesahead 07-15-2013 07:46 AM

Gmornin ladies-
Hope yall had a good weekend. A friend and i set up a booth at a flea market all day saturday which made for a long day but i did pretty good food wise with lots of fruits to snack on and pretzels. I did end up getting chicken tenders and fries but i rarely eat deep fried anymore and stayed within my calories so i was happy. Ive been going thru a lot of stuff in the house decluttering and just weeding thru everything so thought id see if i could make a few dollars and donate what didnt sell, did pretty good and itll get added to my run fund so every little bit helps. I even managed to get a late night jog in after i got home and took a nap and relaxed a bit. Yesterday i didnt do much of anything at all except catch up on my favorite programs ive been recording and my eating was good and clean. All of my muscles are sore and stiff from all the new workouts i did last week so im hoping for a good weigh in at class wednesday! My daughter and i pitched in and bought the insanity workout but havent started it yet and now that ive seen AKAs 6 day results im kinda anxious to jump in... awesome results girl! My dd her bff and i are going to the beach today so im gonna get as much exercise as i can in while there since its my favorite place to be. Have a great monday yall!

OnaMi 07-15-2013 08:57 AM

Hay everybody :wave:

Wow Amanda,after only 6 days and your midsection/abs look like that :carrot: great !!!! :)

Carol,great job thinking your way through that situation :bravo: I wish it would come off quicker too. We just have to keep on pushing and know that all the hard work will pay off eventually :)

Ah Star,forget about him.you are more than a number on a scale, have to think about how far you've come in your battle w/food and how great you still look.
I know all too well how hard it is having to keep it together mentally when others seem to be watching our weight more than we are.My brother asked me the other day am I working on getting back down to the size i was.:rolleyes:
Me seeing people at the gym now... that i haven't seen in a while and they have kept their weight off and some have lost more..sigh..I can't dwell on them.only try to keep my head and fight hard for what i want.

You're always missed Rennie :) sorry about everything you're going through :hug: But you're stronger now and handling everything great :bravo:

Did great Joy! Hope you had a great time at the Beach and got some good exercise.Love Joging on the Beach :)

I'm at Mothers,had to spend the night,Junk food everywhere but no temptations to eat any of it :carrot: No time to exercise yesterday.worked out hard Saturday and all last week..Figured my body needed a rest.Eating has been great.will push to stop by the gym on my way home to relieve some of this stress.

Have a great day everybody :grouphug: