Don't July to yourself 2013 Daily Check-in & Accountability Thread - Page 5 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #61  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/197.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Carma me neither, but tomorrow is a new day we've got this
Old 07-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 305.5/226.8/170

Height: 5'5"

Thanks soon2be and love2b! Surprisingly I lost instead of gained today. Definitely a good start to the week...
01: 213.4
02: 213.2
03: 212.2
04: 211.2
05: 210.4
06: 210.4
07: 209.8
08: 208.6
Old 07-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #63  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Hope everyone had a great weekend

I've been working out hard.Really getting back into my old solid routine w/the classes at the gym/joging.Was so sore after a kickboxing and power pump class,I'm just now able to sit down w/o hurting.really trying to get my eating patterns solid and staying consistent.WI @ 186.6 and really tired of looking at the 80's.

Laying off wheat.I don't eat any starches but have been eating wheat crackers w/cheese at night and from thinking back, I don't think wheat was/is my friend.Plus since now i know according to my blood type wheat causes weight gain,that should really help me monitor it more closely.

Jogged/walked 3 miles this morning now off to a TRX and Core strength class..This fat has got ta go

...Must Stay Consistent!!

Last edited by OnaMi; 07-08-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #64  
practicing what i teach

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good evening yall-
Been a busy day... dd had an early morning dental appt which let us know that she will have to have her wisdom teeth cut out soon because they are already coming in and her jaw is to small just like me only i didnt find out til a few yrs ago so at least we can get her right before things get bad. My middle boy had to have the same thing done last summer for same reason. Then took her to the community college to take the 1st of 6 tests for placement in the advanced diploma program which she passed so she will take 1 a week til complete and she needs to pass 4 outa 6 to qualify so wish her luck! Tonights dinner is stir fry fresh veggies and corn on cob and lean baked pork loin. No salt added only italian seasoning, poultry seasoning and mrs dash table blend. Got things to finish up still so have a great night.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #65  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/197.2~GW 141

Great weigh in Leben you are rockin' it You are down 1.2 and I am up 1.2

Ona you got this, great job I made the mock potato salad and the mock mac n cheese tonight. I must say it's much better than I thought it would be. I should have tried it when you gave it to me two years ago. Have you made your black bean brownies this go around?

Joy lookin' good ... I'll say it again I can't wait until I'm able to take a full body picture and it actually look good Your daughter is smart, no worries at all ... she has this in the bag Tell her way to go

I was up 1.2 this morning not good at all. I know TOM is due around the 11th so I don't think it's early water gain. I think I just messed up over the weekend and I am paying for it now. I go from doing good to just bad. I need to really figure out something. I hate the walking in place with the dvd at least on the treadmill I can raise it and speed it up which really makes me feel like I've actually worked out.

Well have a great evening ladies, see you tomorrow
Old 07-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 231/231/130

Height: 5'4

Great day today. Ate on plan and got in a good workout. Feeling good!
Old 07-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 217/189/150

Finally lost a bit. I was at 197.75 this morning. I went really low carb yesterday and it did the trick. I always try to eat low carb, because it is my best bet for weight loss and also for my FBS. Most times my good intentions go by the wayside. I decided I'd better get with the program because my diabetes isn't going to go away any time soon, and the complications are not pretty.

My BS before I went to bed was 167 and when I woke up it was 169, so no liver dump during the night. I realize these are not "good" BS numbers, but compared to what I have been having, I'm headed in the right direction. I think it takes a week or two to rid your liver of glucogen, and I'm not even sure if I know what I'm talking about here, but it should take some time to get the BS reading back to where they should be if I continue to keep the starchy carbs out of my diet. I just want to keep this up for today. I'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-09-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 305.5/226.8/170

Love2be, I bet you'll lose that 1.2 in no time. Weekends are usually the hardest for me, then the weight comes off midweek. You've got this!

01: 213.4
02: 213.2
03: 212.2
04: 211.2
05: 210.4
06: 210.4
07: 209.8
08: 208.6
09: 207.8 (I remember this weight from the summer before my freshman year of college, 12 years ago...yeesh, I'm getting old)

Last edited by LebenAlles; 07-09-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #69  
One Day At A Time

I haven't made them in a long timeRennie cause when i did make them I'd eat them all so i had to stop. Stay with it.I know it's hard to stay consistent but we just have to keep looking for answers and eventually it will all pay off I know...those DVd's aren't for everybody and are good sometimes.Go with what you think works best for you.

You're doing awesome Leben you're not getting old, you're getting more wiser and better

Great job keeping up w/your FBS Wannabehealthy... caring about your health and on dropping some weight Great job on the low-carb! Carbs are not my friend either.

Awesome job yesterday dewittmba hope you had/have another good one

Joy,dinner sounded great

I WI @ 185.6 today felt really nice getting back in the routine of morning classes at the gym yesterday.I'd been going..here and there at night but have more friends at the morning Classes cause we've been working out together for so long.

Worked out hard this Morning.trying to balance out Cardio w/ more strength traning now.need to build back up my mucsle tone.

Just finish learning how to use my calorie burning watch so I'm ready to put it to the test. I don't know why but all of a sudden,seeing/knowing how many calories i burn has become really motivational.When i see that I've burned like 450,I say to myself that was breakfast

Last edited by OnaMi; 07-09-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #70  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

hello all! sorry for the disappearing act, I've gotten way off schedule. I met my biological grandfather for the first time EVER over the fourth, and let me tell you it was an emotionally charged event. He gave my dad up for adoption when my dad was 8, and so their relationship was obviously strained. He's 82 now and I'd like to have a relationship with him.

ANYWAY. weight loss
My grandparents live in kansas city, so we had bbq like...every meal. So I'm up, 201.8 this morning, but I can scoot out of that pretty quickly if I start watching everything.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 275/251/175

Hi everybody, newbie here I need help! I'll eat a good breakfast and lunch, but by the time afternoon comes I'm snacking left and right then I'll feel horrible and just give up for a few days. Maybe I'm not eating the right foods during the day, but I feel so hungry in the afternoon. What can I do to change this? Any tips or tricks? Thanks all.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #72  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Hello ValerieK, it would help if you said more about what kind of plan you trying to follow and what you are eating for those meals. There is nothing wrong with snacking, either, if you choose snacks that fit your plan. So there are ways to work within your own habits and tendencies and preferences rather than assuming they are "bad" and trying to change them thoughtlessly. It might help if you started a separate thread, too, because this thread might not be as widely read.

As for my check-in: I went over plan yesterday, by an apple and a plain greek yogurt. My working principle has always been that if I am legit hungry, as I was yesterday, I can go over calories once in a while if the extra calories are from nutritious foods. It just seems sane to me to listen to my body in that way. I was pleased with my choice, because I had considered walking out to the frozen yogurt joint, which surely would have been more calories for less nutrient value.

I'm holding at 172 but more important than the numbers I sometimes feel I have control of this regain. I've lost about half of it now - maybe a little less than half depending upon how close to my previous low I feel I can reasonably get. I am fighting the urge to binge but - so far - I am winning that fight.

The next few weeks will be tricky - I have two weekend trips in a row, and the weekend is when I usually cook my dinners for the week, so I might not get to do that for a couple of weeks. That means it's going to take a little extra discipline and diligence to stay on plan during those couple of weeks.

So... I'll be here.

Good luck and good strength, all.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #73  
practicing what i teach

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 3.5"

Gmornin yall-
YeeHaa! DOWN a lb. this a.m. to 185.2!
Rennie- thanx but i still have a good ways to go but am definitely feeling better about myself!
Ona- thanx am definitely eating alot more veggies these days focusing on whats in season and now im freezing alot as well for the winter. Ive found out you can freeze dang near everything so... lol
Aka- so glad you met your biological gf and hope everyone truly connects.
Carter- lol good luck over next couple weeks and im sure your going to do just fine as you are already aware of your weakness and downfalls.
Hello to the rest of you ladies and have a great hump day.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #74  
One Day At A Time

Awesome meeting your Grandfather Amanda Glad you had a nice time.you didn't do bad at all with your weight

Hay Valerie and welcome! when I'm hungry like that in the afternoons it's because of the Carbs I've eatten earlier,making me crave more food or that i haven't eatten enough earlier.Trying to eat something every 2-3 hours might help too.You'll figure it all out Stay with it and good luck

You're doing awesome Carter Back in control and mentally everything clicking you'll do great

Great WI Joy great idea. During a meal, filling up on the veggies first then w/the water...I'm totally full

So after sleeping in,no exercising first, WI @ 185.2! muscles needed some rest.Off to spend some time on the elliptical then a power pump class

Have a great on plan day everybody

Last edited by OnaMi; 07-10-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 217/189/150

My weight stayed the same today. I did well with the low carb again today, at least so far. I ate a handful of corn chips right before bed last night and my FBS was up a bit. I know I can't do that, and I can't really say that corn chips are something I like, but they were there and I ate them. The only starchy carb I had today was a steak fry at Texas Roadhouse. DH didn't like the seasoning on them and wanted me to try it. Twisted my arm, he did. LOL I am getting into the habit of ordering a salad and veggy with my meals instead of potato. And I actually passed on the rolls. I sure hope I can keep this up.

A storm is moving in. I better get of the computer.
Closed Thread