3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   NSV! NOT the Biggest Bridesmaid! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/283527-nsv-not-biggest-bridesmaid.html)

Underwater 06-14-2013 07:07 PM

NSV! NOT the Biggest Bridesmaid!

Woo hoo! The bride just sent an email out that our dresses are in and the email she forwarded from the shop had everyone's size in it (another issue we could discuss, I know...)

Anyway, at a size 12, I am not the biggest! YES!!!

Sasha29 06-14-2013 07:23 PM

Ugh...I was the biggest bridesmaid in the bridal party, and it's awful and embarrassing. I felt so embarrassed and ashamed because I worried the rest of bridal party was looking at me, thinking, "Thank God I'm not her." Well, now I know that was probably accurate.

Underwater 06-14-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasha29 (Post 4772582)
Ugh...I was the biggest bridesmaid in the bridal party, and it's awful and embarrassing. I felt so embarrassed and ashamed because I worried the rest of bridal party was looking at me, thinking, "Thank God I'm not her." Well, now I know that was probably accurate.

Does that make me a bad person? Before, I'd always feel uncomfortable being the largest person in the room, in a photo, on the company softball team. Is it wrong to celebrate not having to feel uncomfortable about that anymore?

Does anyone else look around and try to figure out where they are in terms of size compared to the people they are with? I do this, but don't feel it's a bad thing. I certainly don't do it to judge anyone other than myself.

Brendansmum 06-14-2013 09:29 PM

You're not alone Underwater...I do the same thing, sizing others up compared to myself and as you stated it is definitely not to judge others, only myself. You have a right to be proud that you have lost the weight, congrats.

CanadianMomma 06-14-2013 09:35 PM

I think that you are probably more coming from the place of being happy not to be the old you that WOULD have been the biggest bride's maid, rather than looking negatively on any of the other bride's maids that happen to be a bigger size than you at the moment. Was that as clear as mud?

I'm in my sister's wedding in August and the other two bride's maids are rail thin, thinner than I'd ever even want to be. I'm also 31 weeks pregnant lol. But I was super happy that despite being pregnant I'm not going to be the 'fat' bride's maid, like I would have been a few years ago. I might even be a little happy that I'm no longer bigger than my sister (as was the case our whole childhood).

It's not that I'm looking down on her, just that I'm happy my own situation has changed. From what you said I think you're probably thinking along the same lines.

So I say congratulations and enjoy the chance to get fancied up with your hard earned new body!

charliee 06-14-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasha29 (Post 4772582)

Oh Sasha, :hug: Don't give it a second thought. I think it's hard to feel beautiful/comfortable in someone else's "taffeta" wedding vision. I'm sure the other girls were thinking/fretting about themselves and not comparing themselves to you.

Underwater, congrats on fitting into a size 12 dress. The last bridesmaid dress I wore was size 22, and I vowed that would never happen again. Luckily no more of my friends have tied the knot yet so I have some time to slim down some. :)

Mozzy 06-14-2013 11:59 PM

Awesomeness!!!!!

NorthernChick13 06-15-2013 01:26 AM

No judgement, girl. It's totally normal AND awesome! We all do and think it! Congrats on being super fly!!

Underwater 06-15-2013 02:57 AM

Thanks guys... love you all! This is really my only place to talk about weight loss. My husband has always been slim so while he gets a lot of it, he can't relate ;)

time2lose 06-15-2013 08:57 AM

I don't think there is a thing wrong with you being happy that you are not the biggest bridesmaid. I always look around to see if I am the biggest at whatever event and it is such a relief when I am not.

I am sure that you will be kind to whoever is the biggest bridesmaid and not make fun of them behind their back.

Congratulations on the size 12 and with being comfortable being in the wedding!

sosurreptitious 06-15-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underwater (Post 4772632)
Does that make me a bad person? Before, I'd always feel uncomfortable being the largest person in the room, in a photo, on the company softball team. Is it wrong to celebrate not having to feel uncomfortable about that anymore?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with celebrating that!

I was a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding. It was lavish and the dress was a strapless number. I was the largest bridesmaid by far and it was mortifying to have my dress altered because the largest dress size was a 20.

Congratulations on your success! There is plenty reason to celebrate!:carrot:

smashlers 06-15-2013 10:28 AM

This is going to sound totally naughty but.... I will be the biggest bridesmaid for sure, but definitely the one with the most confidence!! :) I started losing to get ready for a wedding I am in this September, and now I am just happy to be losing weight for me. Sure, I may weigh more, but I have a beautiful smile and am fun and my eyebrows are perfect. LOL I am completely prepared to be the most curvy and glowing bridesmaid this wedding has ever seen!!

charliee 06-15-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashlers (Post 4772895)
but I have a beautiful smile and am fun and my eyebrows are perfect.

You lady, are awesome!! (and I am seriously jealous of your perfect eyebrows, I'm seriously considering an eyebrow implant before a boob job :D )

thnknthin1 06-15-2013 11:20 AM

Awesome Underwater! You have every right to feel that way, you have earned it! You are only taking notice in the fact you have lost weight and are now a smaller version of your former self.

Now, if I can only catch up to you. ;)

Underwater 06-15-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thnknthin1 (Post 4772921)
Awesome Underwater! You have every right to feel that way, you have earned it! You are only taking notice in the fact you have lost weight and are now a smaller version of your former self.

Now, if I can only catch up to you. ;)

thnknthin, our stats are pretty close. I am going to try to maintain at 150-160 so we will be twinsies :)