Mommy NSV!

• I put my scale away until at least Labor Day, so I would just focus on being perfectly on plan and not worry about scale feedback. Thus, I have no idea what I weigh right now, but it's under 168 (which was my last weigh-in three weeks ago, five pounds up from prepregnancy).

It's probably a fair number of pounds under that, in fact, because my smallest pre-pregnancy jeans fit again! WITH NO MUFFIN TOP!

This is huge, because my hips spread a good two-three inches and will stay that way at least a year. And my post-weightloss-and-post-multiple-pregnancies tummy ripples and lumps up if you put a feather's pressure on it. So the jeans have to be truly loose to not cause an unsightly crease. That plus the hip spread making me wider means I must have lost a fair number of inches worth of fat.

These were the jeans I wore at 163. If I need more its back to the store to get them
  • "smallest pre-pregnancy jeans fit again!"

Woot woot! That is awesome! What a wonderful feeling! AND, a darn good excuse to pamper yourself with a shopping trip.
  • That's awesome!!!
    Congratulations and now I'm so curious over how much you have lost I envy you not weighing in. I hate the scale most of the time.
  • Super yay! Congrats!!!!!!
  • Thanks ladies! I was pretty excited. And I can't WAIT to go shopping when these shirts and tops are too loose
  • Quote: That's awesome!!!
    Congratulations and now I'm so curious over how much you have lost I envy you not weighing in. I hate the scale most of the time.
    I have done daily weighing for over four years, even during pregnancy and especially during maintenance periods. But when you're actively losing it can be motivating, sure, but sometimes it can also be a distraction. That's how it was for me (for the first time, I've never experienced this problem before, that I can recall!).

So it made a great deal more sense to ditch the scale, and focus each day on being as on plan as possible and using my food log for accountability instead. It is working SO well. I still have a tic for wanting to use the scale and missing it on the floor, but it has been an excellent choice. I'll go back to daily weighing when I hit goal and am maintaining, but I think I was unnecessarily driving myself nuts during losing, where I cannot control the scale's progress.
  • Awesome NSV!! And I love how in touch with yourself you are...