Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #151  
is stronger than this

S/C/G: 242/see ticker/142

Height: 5ft 6

Thanks cincorn - I actually enjoyed it so much! Picture is thanks to Mr P who sneakily hid out at the 4k marker to get some pictures and give me some encouragement!

and zoesmom - you really should do it! I didn't manage to run it all but I enjoyed it so much! It was my first "outside" run...basically ever, but I had such a blast I signed up for a Colour Run in September and aim to run it non stop! I really think I've got the running bug!

PreciousMissy - We should kick your butt out of this thread, you've been so close to the two teens for so long! But I think I'd miss you too much! I have a feeling though, this week is your week...and I'm gonna have to race to follow you!

nitrus29 - I wish I could stop weighing myself! It's becoming a little obsessive, at least twice a day! The upside at the moment is that I'm not actually too worried about what the scale is saying, trying to focus more on fitness but when I actually can see my weight staring up at me in lbs - I find it easier to talk myself out of that cookie/cake/ice cream/crisps etc - I think it's because I can see how much further I have to go and it doesn't seem worth it.

The good news is...I can still walk today! Ankles and knees are a little stiff but other than that I appear to be in full working order! Hooray!

Also I've changed my laptop background picture to the one I posted and it makes me smile every time I see it - a picture of myself I LIKE to look at...I think thats a MAJOR NSV for me! Haha!
Old 07-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #152  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

lizzyg, happy belated birthday!

cincorn, as much as I enjoy everyone's company, I really do want to leave. purplekitten just threatened to toss me out on my rump!

purplekitten, what an inspiration you are!!!!! BTW, you look adorable in your picture!

Well, you're not going to believe this. 226 this morning . I'm not buying it. My scale was moved around last night (it's an extremely old digital scale) and said that my 17lb dog weighed 30lb. So, I don't know if the calibrations are off, or if it just needs a new battery. I have a new battery for it now and will weigh when I get home. Who knows, maybe that's why I've been stuck at 220 .

Is chopping off a pinky toe in order to weigh 219 considered a little extreme?
Old 07-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #153  
is stronger than this

Oh preciousmissy, you know I meant it with love right? I'm excited to hear what your proper weigh in will be...bet you've managed to skip through the two teens all together at this rate!

Thanks girls, you've all be so supportive!
Old 07-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #154  
Started IP 10/21/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplekitten7 View Post
Oh preciousmissy, you know I meant it with love right? I'm excited to hear what your proper weigh in will be...bet you've managed to skip through the two teens all together at this rate!
Of course I know! Besides, I could really use one of these -->

Wouldn't it be wonderful if you're right...that I blew through the 2-teens and didn't even realize it, haha!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #155  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Helloooooooo Ladies!

Back from my "whirlwind tour". I am completely spent, with sore knees and blistered feet. Bursts of excessive walking followed by long periods of sitting down--not good for the legs!--and very long days. My only "plan" while away was to watch the portions, and I ended up with too many carbs. I had hotel English muffin and coffee for breakfast, dinner out in nice restaurants, with half the dinner as take out for lunch the next day. I was afraid to step on the scale when I returned....but....yesterday I still had my 22_ (barely)....229.5! And, of course, my scale is pouting like an abandoned pet and paid me back with 230.5 this am. Good grief! Valdemort's back!

You guys have been busy! Cute photo purplekitten! And what a sweetie-pie of Mr P to take a secret photo for you! (On the other hand, could he be a stalker?? )

OK ladies, I've got to be honest...I am so ashamed of my appearance. This work trip was on the miserable side, and it should have been fun.....meeting people, discussing common interests, getting away from the usual grind.... Instead, I was a wallflower, and I probably came across as grumpy or unfriendly. I'm a bit shy anyway, but now I'm positively useless in social situations--I dread speaking with the Judgementals and ThoseWhoLookYouUp&Down. Having little decent clothing doesn't help. Well anyway.....pity party over....it's my own **** fault......and There IS a Cure!.....just have to be strong enough to take the medicine every day!

s for ALL of us! C'MON LADIES!!!! LET'S GET OUTTA HERE!!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #156  
Started IP 10/21/15

Seemyfeet, for eating every meal out I think you did pretty good! I'm sure once you get back into your routine it will melt away! I know how you feel about the clothing situation. Why go out and spend good money on clothes you won't wear for long, right? Well I say poo-poo to that! I'm not saying spend $5k on a whole new wardrobe, but one or two nice outfits that can interchange are completely worth what it does to the spirits! This weekend I bought a cute pair of orange sandals and I'm wearing them today. I keep looking at my feet and it makes me smile (yes, they're that cute, lol).

Well, it wasn't the battery. 226 today. At first I was upset about it, how in the world did I gain 6lb over night????? Then I remembered that this last weekend we ate out a lot. I still watched my portions knowing that the food was laden with creams and carbs, but I know I didn't eat 3k calories for each pound I gained.

Plus TOM has decided to pay a visit.

So, today I will continue on with my plan, just as I did yesterday, and my body will do what it needs to do, when it needs to do it.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #157  
is stronger than this

PreciousMissy - you've got a good attitude! Unfortunately our bodies seem to do their own thing sometimes no matter what we do!

SeeMyFeet - Welcome back! We missed you! Well done for clinging onto the 22_'s! I'm pretty sure he's not a stalker...I hope well, he wasn't hiding in the bushes or anything! haha!

I went to the gym last night and managed 5k on the treadmill - but boy do I hurt! Thats the first time I've done two 5k's with only one rest day in between, so I took it easy and walked 0.5k then ran 1k and then repeated that pattern until I was done. My knees and ankles are a little bit stiff today! But I feel pretty good that I did it, especially since at the start I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to do it! I'm gonna aim to do 5k every other day, and eventually build up how much of it I'm running!

Have a happy Wednesday everyone!
Old 07-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #158  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

S/C/G: 248/tracker/158

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies! Just a quick note to say I am losing again! 224.6 this morning. Getting ready to go camping for 4 days. Wish me luck (in staying focused on eating right and staying on track)
Old 07-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #159  

Mornin' luvies!

Ugh. Why oh why did DH buy those sundried tomato and basil wheat thins and why on earth did I eat that crap? at 1am ??!?!?!?! Plus all that other stuff last night. Ugh Ugh Ugh. DH is in the doghouse. Big Time. Rule #1: clean up after meals and don't leave leftovers on the table. After only 2 small salads and cereal, those shrimp and crabcakes were pretty tasty. Again...why? (stoopid me )

Major life stress event today. I'll get through it, but I don't know when I will get back to some kind of plan.

But good news. Even after all that self-sabotage, I'm down to 226 ! Chasing my ticker/tracker.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #160  
Started IP 10/21/15

Thanks purplekitten!

cincorn, have fun camping!

seemyfeet, don't beat yourself up too bad...I just ate a bowl of frozen custard. My co-worker bought it for me as a thank you. I didn't have to eat it, but I did. Thankfully I had just eaten lunch so I managed to stop at half!

224 today. I'm a couple pounds down from yesterday, so yay me!
Old 07-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

220.6!!

I agree with PM - that sometimes it helps to buy a few outfits. I had to buy a new outfit at the begining of the summer because nothing really fit from last year. I felt better in it and now the capris are getting to big!
Old 07-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #162  

Glorious extra sleep today! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the breeze is cool. And I'm having coffee with my forum friends. What a fabulous day!

Brass tacks: Up to 228.5 today. Ugh. Yesterday was stressful and off schedule, but I did OK. (Except that DH brought me a (bad) fast food chicken sandwich and soda in the hospital. What is WRONG with him? And WHY did I eat it???)

Sigh. It's time to take out the hedge clippers and cut away some fat again. So today through the weekend: no processed carbs and no more than 800/1000 cals. I plan on purchasing a watermelon today! I hope I can find a sweet one that is not too ripe. In my younger/thinner days, I would eat watermelon for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Love love love. Eventually I grew a bit tired of it and the drippy mess. But I have a hankerin' for it now.

I'm going to have another gander at purplekitten's photo. There she is! Smiling and running. Getting out there and living life with no excuses. Even better: those gray-haired ladies in the background--with the hats. Love them! I want to be like them when I grow up!

Oh, about the clothing, I did try to find something new to wear for my trip. I found only one nice pair of slacks and blouse. And some new shapeshifters. No matter what my size, I am a difficult fit, so I prefer to purchase in a store so I can try things on. Who decides "fashion" for large ladies anyway?? Sleveless? really? Sleeves that cut your arm at the fattest point? really? And most of us are not shaped like a washing machine.

Have a super duper day--especially everyone who has the day off. I plan to think a lot about how it will feel when I am finally free of this fat burden.

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 07-04-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #163  
is stronger than this

SeeMyFeet - aww, your comment made me smile! Was having a bit of a weak moment an eye-ing up a delicious looking muffin while working late but instead hopped on here, I feel too guilty to eat a muffin when you're looking at my photo as inspiration so I will instead pop to the fridge for my slices of pineapple and melon which I cleverly hid in there for these such moments!

Last edited by purplekitten7; 07-04-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #164  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Closing this thread due to length. Check out the new thread here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...0s-2013-a.html

Last edited by Goddess Jessica; 07-05-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Closed Thread