Why do I feel this way?

• I am having a rough week. I have had to fight harder to stay on plan. I have stayed on plan but I am frustrated. I feel like I am fighting for nothing. That I will never get this accomplished. I am not sure why because I have been doing pretty good. I just feel emotionally drained.

I started my new job and I am working later hours and since I had a busted headlight I did not get to walk at all during the week this week. I just want to cry. I feel bad for even feeling this way because I do not have any reason to feel this way! I am being a whiney baby and I hate it! I want to wake up and feel better. I want to no longer doubt myself. I want to feel better. I want to look at myself and be able to tell that I am losing weight. I want my scale to stop freaking out and I just want to be able to handle this all a little better!
  • It's okay to have a rough week, it's okay to be frustrated, it's okay to want to cry about it all. It's all normal, in fact. It's going to happen once in a while. The important thing is that you realize that it IS normal, and that it does not mean anything bad. I've been working on weight loss for nearly 3 years, and trust me, it definitely happens.

Maybe take some time to do something relaxing, get used to your new work hours, and just kind of settle in for a new week. Sometimes that helps.

"I want my scale to stop freaking out and I just want to be able to handle this all a little better!"

I'm always more stressed/frustrated when I'm not seeing the scale go down (it's not fun when it goes up, either!). But I try to remind myself that if I've stayed on plan (or at least eaten less than what I need to maintain my weight), I'm NOT gaining fat. And the day-to-day scale fluctuations (both up AND down) are water weight. It's very hard to gain/lose even 1 lb a day. Not happening. It's the overall trend of weight loss that includes fat loss, not the everyday. So even if your weight stalls a few days, or goes up, or zigzags, if you're eating okay you can relax because there's no way you gained fat.

And I think we all wish we could deal with things a little better. Sometimes it works, and sometimes we hang on until it's over.

I hope your week gets better. And you're doing great! Congrats on your loss so far!
  • It is ok.. Lord you have changed a major thing in your life a NEW JOB... that is very stressful of itself (even if you knew the people etc ahead of time) Its a new thing in your life to upset your past habit Life... This is a new habit to get used too... Our minds get Wonky when things like that happen. It less than 2 weeks, you will breath again and relax knowing that you fit in this new place and its safe... About the weight... Look where you came from Holy Cow! You have done so well and I know you are heading into the next decades thread. Well that's like a new job too...

Life gets overwhelming alot of times. I break down and cry over a stupid movie (I know its not the movie... just my pent up fears etc) and I feel better. Walking also helps me work out the sadness/fears/ overall not good feelings and when I am done, I feel like I have concured the problem. Just an idea.

BELIEVE in yourself. You have come so far in your life and this journey. Vent all you want as that is a way to let it out and for us to help (and thus feel better ourselves too)

Today .... just tell yourself IS A GOOD DAY! I will smile at least 5 minutes an hour (and maybe stand too) Just like EAT PRAY LOVE... You need to smile with your Liver!!!!
  • Hugs
  • You are not alone, trust me!

Try to think of something that helps you de-stress and just do it. I know it's easier said than done sometimes, but you really have to carve out time for yourself.
  • JustB, you're handling it great! 99% of handling a situation is knowing that you are handling it. You may wish you were handling it differently, but I think that handling the day-to-day stuff that gets us down is a lot like the stages of mourning only in high speed. And sometimes we've just earned the right to have a moment where we wish things were different. You're doing great and you've got lots of support here.
  • I was where you are. And I can tell you that you can make it through it!!!

All you can do is do the best you can every minute of every day. Ask yourself "am I doing the best I can right now?" and if you are, then don't worry about it!
  • Quote: I am having a rough week. I have had to fight harder to stay on plan. I have stayed on plan but I am frustrated. I feel like I am fighting for nothing. That I will never get this accomplished. I am not sure why because I have been doing pretty good. I just feel emotionally drained.

I started my new job and I am working later hours and since I had a busted headlight I did not get to walk at all during the week this week. I just want to cry. I feel bad for even feeling this way because I do not have any reason to feel this way! I am being a whiney baby and I hate it! I want to wake up and feel better. I want to no longer doubt myself. I want to feel better. I want to look at myself and be able to tell that I am losing weight. I want my scale to stop freaking out and I just want to be able to handle this all a little better!
    I'm sorry you are having a rough week, I hate when I have them.

Just remember, you aren't doing this for nothing. You are doing it for yourself, your health, your wellbeing, your life. When I get desperate in my head, what I have to keep asking myself over and over is "What's the alternative?". So then I think, ok fine, I can stop my diet whenever I want. But that means that all I accomplished was for nothing and then I'll go back to where I was or worse. That's what brings me right back in the zone. I can't do that to myself, my husband, my family, my 3FC family. We have all worked too hard and invested too much sweat, blood and tears to stop now!!!

Hang in there sweetie, you can do this and we are here for you. Congrats on the new job by the way! Be sure to allow yourself time to learn your new job, don't overstress yourself.
  • Quote:
    Try to think of something that helps you de-stress and just do it. I know it's easier said than done sometimes, but you really have to carve out time for yourself.
    This! It always helps when I'm in a funk to do a little something special for myself. It may be something as small as taking an extra long soak in the tub, or changing my nail polish color to something bright. Just do something special for you!
  • I've read that as you lose weight your fat cells shrink and release the hormones it was storing. That makes us a little emotional. Maybe with this in mind you can stop being so hard on yourself . Good luck!
  • Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement! This week has been better than last and for that I am thankful. I am also so very thankful that when I have the rough times I have all of you here to pull me through it!