Old 05-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #1  
Giving It My All

S/C/G: 270/262.2/140

Height: 5'7

Default Does anyone do Zumba, AquaZumba... ETC???

I'm looking into going to Zumba, AquaZumba and a few other classes... Has anyone done any of these or currently enrolled?
Going2BeThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #2  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

I'd also be interested to hear from anybody who does/has tried this - the yoga/dance/fitness studio by my house has zumba and zumba toning classes I've been thinking about trying!
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #3  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

I do Zumba! It's lots of fun! The moves are quick, and the music is fast, but you're having so much fun, you don't even realize how much time is passing. There's a lot of choreography, but you don't have to do it perfectly. It gets easier the more you do it. Go for it!

By the way, when I first started Zumba, I was in the 260's. It's easier now, but no less fun! I think it's a great workout for anyone. Just do what you can. I still modify the "Jumping Jack" type moves. That's just too much jiggle for this body!

I've never heard of water-Zumba. That would be a blast this summer!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #4  
Giving It My All

Quote:
Originally Posted by merilung View Post
I'd also be interested to hear from anybody who does/has tried this - the yoga/dance/fitness studio by my house has zumba and zumba toning classes I've been thinking about trying!

Our gym has the Zumba Toning too. I am also going to start TurboFire at home.

AwShucks- I think I will sign up and go! What can it hurt?

Last edited by Going2BeThatGirl; 05-15-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #5  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

If you like dancing at all, you'll love it. Some of my less coordinated, sporty type friends don't like it at all. They're great at softball, or volleyball, but Zumba --not so much. I'm the exact opposite. I've never played a sport, but I love to dance.

Zumba is SO fun! Do it, then come back and let us know what you think! Don't forget a towel and water bottle! You'll need it!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

I love Zumba! But, my instructors use songs us top 40 songs from the radio...J-Lo, Usher, Beyonce, LMFAO, etc. Since it is dance music I'm familiar with, the time just flies by!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #7  
Giving It My All

I would have went to a class on Thursday, but our little one didn't want to stay in the Kid Korner.

I'm going to plan on starting everything this next week, after I find a swimsuit! Which is a task all on it's own.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #8  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

I have done both types of Zumba and really enjoyed them both . I go to the YMCA and have tried almost every type of class. Have'nt heard of the Zumba toning yet but I am sure I will. My instructor is awesome . She had dance in college . She is really great about getting the new music . That's how I learn what's popular ! At Halloween she did some scary sounding sounds and Christmas we look like Christmas ELVES dancing to Christmas music . This instructor can be driving to the gym and come up with a new dance. Whatever song any member wants she will do . VERY creative . I think you can tell I really like my Zumba instructor !!!! I was really excited when we were getting the water Zumba . However , that instructor , different girl . Did the same thing over and over . I was never motivated by her .
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #9  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I do Zumba and love it! I also modify and don't do anything with full jumps, but find other ways to keep moving. I highly recommend checking it out and giving yourself at least a few classes if you haven't danced before as picking up moves can be tough when you first start, but gets much easier.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #10  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

I haven't done a Zumba class but I got the set of Beto Zumba Dvds and even though it is a lot of fun, it wasn't for me. It's very dancey and hip-shakey and even though I can sort of dance in a vague, non-embarrassing way, I have zero coordination for choreography and no stomach for all that belly-shaking. The first time I did it, I shook my lunch up my gut. It also doesn't help that I don't particularly like to dance.

However, that said, I can totally see how it could be fun and in fact I gave my dvds to a friend who loves them and uses them all the time. The music is fun and definitely inspires you to want to move and the dance steps in the one I tried out could definitely be applied to real life. If you like to dance, I'd say you should definitely check it out. Check You Tube, there are a few sample Zumba classes on there.

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 05-18-2013 at 04:21 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/226/135

Height: 5ft 3 in

I love Zumba. I have only been sporadically since breaking my ankle last summer bt my work scheduke is changing and I'm excited to get back to it. I used to do it in conjunction with /immediately after turbo kick but the way my ankle and knee healed, turbo isn't goingoto be possible anymore.

Any thoughts on he best sort of shoes for zumba on a gym floor? Running shoes seem to stick too much even wih the slip on dancers in place and zumba shoes seem too slick.

Last edited by evolving; 05-28-2013 at 11:44 AM.
evolving is offline   Reply With Quote