Weight loss confessions

You're on Page 1 of 10
Go to
  • Each of the age groups has a thread like this, but I didn't notice one here in my favorite group!

The rules are simple: ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGING OTHER PEOPLE'S CONFESSIONS! (No snarky comments, no back handed compliments, no hurting feelings)

Be honest, be truthful, be free...
  • I weigh myself daily, but more than that I weigh myself several times in the morning until I see a number I'm happy with. Only then do I count it as official. (It's never the first number of the day)
  • Quote: I weigh myself daily, but more than that I weigh myself several times in the morning until I see a number I'm happy with. Only then do I count it as official. (It's never the first number of the day)
    I won't weigh myself unless I feel like I've lost weight.
  • I confess... My motivation to lose is waning a bit. I drink more than I should and that sometimes ends up eating more than I should due to the munchies. I am hanging in there, trying to push through and still finding a balance at this weight.
  • On a daily basis, I second guess myself. Am I doing the right thing? Should I be working harder to lose weight faster? Am I failure because I've only lost 18lb thus far?
  • I confess that I am having a really hard time sticking to plan now that I'm so close. I thought that I would be super motivated to keep going but mostly I feel pretty ok with the way that I look so I'm not as vigilant as I was before.
  • Quote: I confess that I am having a really hard time sticking to plan now that I'm so close. I thought that I would be super motivated to keep going but mostly I feel pretty ok with the way that I look so I'm not as vigilant as I was before.
    This is me as well! We can do it!!! Let's keep pushing through.
  • I confess that I am sad that I didn't lose the weight before my wedding in 2010. I tried, but only got to 230, then gained another 10 lbs before the wedding.

Now I have a bunch of great pictures that I don't want to look at. It was a beautiful wedding on a beautiful day. I had a great photographer. I just can't look at them without being upset with myself.
  • I confess that I'm allowing (or at least I think I'm allowing) a recent break up and broken heart interfere with my weight loss. While my sole motivation to lose weight and improve my health was completely internally driven, it did coincide with the beginning of a two year relationship with a man I was long attracted. Now I just feel blue, not depressed, just blue and not quite on top of my game. My motivation to exercise and eat as well as I should has waned. I fear that somewhere in my subconscious my weight loss was about him and I need and want to change that script immediately!
  • Quote: This is me as well! We can do it!!! Let's keep pushing through.
    Definitely! We've come way too far to lose steam now!
  • Quote: I weigh myself daily, but more than that I weigh myself several times in the morning until I see a number I'm happy with. Only then do I count it as official. (It's never the first number of the day)
    I do this too! I will often have like 6 different numbers! Glad to know I'm not the only one

For another one, I definitely have a bad habit of planning binges. I'll eat a little bit through the day to let myself have a 1000 calorie dinner. I stay in calorie range, but I still enjoy stuffing my face. Not super awesome, but ...let's face it, super delish
  • I'm mad at myself for stalling out for almost two years, with way too many stops and starts and slight regains to count. I'm mad that all those added up to putting back on 20 pounds of the 50 I lost, which means I have a long way to go to goal. I have friends who've lost weight in this time period and it makes me feel super inferior to them.
  • I'm mad and I beat myself up daily because I've long over used the, "I'll start tomorrow excuse." One day tomorrow may not come, then what will I have....
  • Last Thursday I ate FOUR cupcakes instead of eating dinner.
  • I stay on track to a T throughout the week, knowing on Friday and Saturday night I'll dip into the vodka and have a slice of pizza or two. I log it all, stay within my calories. But I've got to stop "starving" myself so I can enjoy a drink. Dammit, Remington stop being a lush!