Advice on a new scale

• Hello everyone.

So, like I mentioned in the introduction, I am new, but I am not. For the past 9 months or so, I've been lurking. I first became a member years ago and finally felt ready to try again.

That said, I need a new scale. I've had my current scale for 13 years. It is digital with a lithium battery. Nothing fancy. However, for the past year, I've noticed that it is NOT consistent. I moved the scale to the kitchen (when it is where the food is, it can be a good determent!) and use the squares on the floor to make SURE I place the scale in the SAME SPOT every time I weigh in. I'll be the first to admit that I will weigh myself way too much, but part of that is because of how much the scale fluctuates! I know it is normal for weight to fluctuate a pound or so from one day to the next, but this scale will be as different as 5 pounds +/- the very next day; sometimes more!

I need some recommendations for a good, reliable scale. Nothing TOO complex or fancy (I have a budget to consider). Any suggestions?
  • The Eatsmart scale on Amazon. It does what it says on the tin. Every time you step on it.
  • Tanita.

My Tanita has lasted for over 6 years now. It's digital and can register weights up to 500 pounds. Mine have five different memory buttons so it can be used by 5 different people. It stores your previous weight too. I love it. It runs on 4 AA batteries, which I've changed maybe 5 times in 6 years.
  • Like Ian, I have an EatSmart scale from Amazon and I love it. At least when my weight is heading downward.
  • Thanks for the opinions. There are SO many options out there, that my head has been spinning!
  • I have recently bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Very similar to Ian's eat smart, but almost $10 less, plus the vendor then shipped me a pretty nice kitchen scale for free, just for ordering and writing an Amazon review of the product. I've been very happy with both.
  • Quote: I have recently bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Very similar to Ian's eat smart, but almost $10 less, plus the vendor then shipped me a pretty nice kitchen scale for free, just for ordering and writing an Amazon review of the product. I've been very happy with both.
    Really. I like the idea of cheaper AND a free kitchen scale. I am an Amazon addict, so I will definitely check that one out too! Thanks.
  • Quote: I have recently bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Now THAT is awesome!!
  • I just ordered the Ozeri Precision II Digital Bath Scale that fadedbluejeans mentioned. It was a good deal and the reviews were pretty good.
  • I don't have it but the Eatsmart scale that keeps being mentioned here has been highly recommended to me, and when mine dies I'm buying it!
  • I have a Health O Meter from Wal Mart. Pretty basic digital scale, with memory for two people. It doesn't calculate body fat or anything fancy like that, it's just a scale. I believe it cost me about 27 bucks, I've had it for 2 years. I like it well enough, considering it's my mortal enemy.
  • Quote: I just ordered the Ozeri Precision II Digital Bath Scale that fadedbluejeans mentioned. It was a good deal and the reviews were pretty good.
    As an update, I am pretty happy with it and I weigh every morning. They also sent me a kitchen scale for free, which I also use every day.