Old 11-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #376  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Geoblewis. Congrats. That is so great. Keep going.

Weekend was hard. Is TOM and the scale is up 2.5. Which sucks because Thanksgiving is coming and I wanted to be down before Thursday instead I am up.

Fast day today. Husband is coming home for lunch so I will have my meal with him and fast the rest of day.

Last week I did three fast days with 650 calories but my kids will be home on Wed and Thanksgiving is Thursday. So fasting is going to be hard. I may do two in a row. Today and tomorrow.

Hope you are all well. Have a great OP day.
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #377  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Im up today and idk y...im guessing its water cause I was over 2 days this week but not by enough cals to make me gain....could be the carb overage but even then it shoild be mostly water
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #378  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Congrats geoblewis!!! That's awesome!

Hey peoples! I'm so sorry I bailed. My schedule has been crazy AND I've kind of been in hiding from 3FC to give myself an excuse to eat crazy amounts of cake! I did do my weigh in on Thursday as promised but have been putting off naming my challenge and posting starting stats because that means I'm committed and can't have any more cake and have to get workout act together. But enough is enough! I should be in bed asleep (it's like 2.30am here) but I've determined no more putting this off, I'm committing today before I go to bed.

Sigh at self. I had my first fast in over a week yesterday/today (I'm referring to Monday and am not sure quite what to call it now). It felt good not to feel so yucky and overstuffed for once and I think I may finally get a comfortable night's sleep even if short. I don't get me sometimes. Why do I eat so much, it's uncomfortable to sleep??? #ridiculous

Anyway really quickly, here are my starting starts from last Thursday (which preceded a weekend free-for-all but what do we do?)

Okay so:
My challenge is the 5:2/4:3 Fast Diet. I started on 21st November and will carry on till 21st December. I want to work out at least 3 times a week. I also want to check in daily. I need to reduce my sugar intake because I've been struggling with terrible hormonal acne and apparently reducing sugar will help with that? I dunno. It's worth a try.

SW: 171.5
GW: 160

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 11-25-2013 at 08:45 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #379  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Huggss toasted!!

Reducing sufar and starches will help insulin levels..even peopke who are not IR/diabetic have body functions controlled by insulin. When insulin is controlled/lowered it can lower testosterone and estrogen which both cause hormonal acne. Good luck!!
Old 11-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #380  
Funky

Toastedsmoke. I am sorry you have had a hard cake filled week. What kind of cake was it and where did you get it??? Is it stress that caused your slide? Get back on the horse. You can do it!!!

I am at 230 again after fast day yesterday. I am doing 4:3 this week Monday, Tuesday, and Wed. That way I have the USA Thanksgiving weekend free of fasting. I am still going to count calories and watch it. No dessert or bread, watch carbs and try to keep calories below 1600.

Hope you have a great OP day.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:58 AM   #381  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Thanks ladies for your support.

SMSDREAMER2007: I don't think I'm IR but I do have hormone issues that I probably shouldn't be exacerbating with insulin ups and downs. So let's see how it goes because I've tried everything for the skin issues.

LoseToAll: I've been stressed but my self-imposed baking ban is still on. My dad turned 60 last week. My brother and I got him a cake, my aunt got him a cake, his office got him a cake, he had another cake as well from some business associates. There was cake everywhere and I got a LIBERAL share of it. There was marshmallow cake from my aunt, vanilla, coconut and chocolate triple layer cake from my brother and I, carrot cake from my dad's office and a vanilla cake as well.

LoseToAll: Your thanksgiving plan sounds pretty solid! I know you can rock it! Are you hosting Thanksgiving or going to family for the meal? SMSDREAMER2007: what are YOUR Thanksgiving plans?

We don't have Thanksgiving where I am but Christmas is the same sort of big foodie deal except the cooking starts the day before and the eating starts in the mornng and continues all through the day and it's pretty tough to deal with plan-wise. I think I might try limiting the grazing this Christmas, setting a calorie limit (maybe 2500 cals), and just eating at designated meals.

I'm doing a 4:3 fast week and Monday was a pretty alright fast day. Yesterday was going to be another fast then I got home starving and saw some cake and fell on it like a hungry cake-starved monster. It was only afterwards, I remembered my skin and my low-sugar plan. Sigh. It's okay. I won't forget again. But the cake threw my otherwise pristine fast day down the toilet and I ended up with a 1600-calorie day. It's okay though. Today is fast day 2. I got on the scale today and it said 173.5... :/ All that means to me is that I need to do better. And I will!!!

My weekly weigh in will be done on Friday morning. I'm travelling on Friday (mini-vacation not work) and I'm not sure of my scale access but we'll see. Here's wishing everyone a fabulous OP day!

Happy Thanksgiving towards tomorrow!!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #382  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Lose: good luck with those fasts!!

Toasted: you don't have to be IR to have the issue and if you have hormone imbalances its almost GUARANTEED that your insulin production and usage is out of whack; all our hormones are connected and affect eachother...insulin is a hormone.

Downto 263 this morning. Ive been bouncing between 274 and 273 all week. My plans? I'm sitting home alone and cleaning LOL. Our thanksgiving will be on saturday; my BF'S family are all coming over; his nephew arrives on friday.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:16 PM   #383  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Howdy y'all! I'm thinkin' I ought to join this thread. Is there room for another person? =smile= I went from 332 to 225 on Jenny Craig back in 2007-2009, but then multiple life crises came barreling down the pike, and I shot back up to 351. Ouch!

Now I'm doing Atkins, on my own. ('Can't afford Jenny Craig anymore.) And it's been slow. But I'm determined to go all the way this time, however long it takes. The good thing is, I really like the low-carb food plan. And I'm getting my emotional eating under control, thanks to support here and a few really helpful books. I'll be happy to supply info about the books, if anyone's interested.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #384  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I will be popping in and out of here until we have our first baby (due in April) and then I will be in here full time!

My story:

I have always been a healthy and fit size 12/14 at my smallest weight. In high school I dealt with a lot of eating and body image issues due to thinking I was 'so fat' compared to all the other super skinny girls in school. Once I worked myself through that mentality, I became comfortable in my own skin. During some rough times when I was 19-21, I ended up gaining a lot of weight from inactivity and excessive drinking, and put on 90 pounds. At the beginning of 2010, I set a goal to lose the excess weight and get back into my size 12s. It took me a year and a half, and by the middle of 2011 I was back to my healthy weight range! I maintained there for another year, then relaxed my healthy habits and gained about 40 pounds in the first year of marriage with my husband. I did not mind the extra weight because I could still fit in some of my 14s, and had to buy a few size 16 clothing items. (my body weight is distributed pretty evenly)

Now I am pregnant, and even though I continue to eat healthy and exercise, I am of course, putting on weight. So my goal after I give birth is to lose the excess again, once and for all, and maintain at my healthy weight range! I also think that in future pregnancies, if I start out in my healthy weight range, then it will not be as hard to lose postbaby weight.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #385  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

One of the worst parts about regaining is I made it to GOAL! I even posted GOAL PICS. And here I am back to square one. I need a maintainers accountability group when I reach goal this time. No more, "OK, I've done it, now I can go off on my own and be fit/thin. I don't need those ladies (& gents) at 3FC any more."

I am never leaving this site again.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #386  
Funky

I blew it Thanksgiving weekend and I am up 2.5 lbs. but I am back on it today. I am just going to let it go. It is fast day today and I have one meal planned for today broccoli, cheese, and rice. I am looking forward to it.

Hope you are all well.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #387  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Welcome everyone!!
I blew it to! Scale said I gained 9 lbs this morning LOL nog likely...it's got to be water. I'm just praying im back to 273 on wednesday...heck id even take 274 LOL
Old 12-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #388  
rockin' my 60s!

Hey there Dreamer, I've been missing you on the 300+ Chat thread. Sorry you didn't do so well recently, but as you said, that gain is probably water weight. It's amazing how much water gets stored along with glucose when we over-indulge in carbohydrates.

Do any of y'all on this thread have trouble with binge eating? I only just realized that I qualify for Binge Eating Disorder (BED). I'm got the strong urges to overeat followed by eating more food than I usually would in a short period of time, the solitary &/or secretive quality of the binge (not necessary for the diagnosis but common), the feeling of being out of control during the binge, and the shame & disgust afterwards. The reason why I'm bringing it up is that I've gotten a lot of help from this book: Kathryn Hansen's Brain Over Binge. Hansen's story is of extreme binges followed by purging via exercise, which is quite different from my own moderate binges with no purging, but I could still relate to what she describes about the intense cravings and how hard it is to resist them. She presents a novel technique that is both simple & powerful for how to say "no" to the urge to binge. She writes well, too. It's too early to say that I am now binge-free, but so far, Hansen's technique has made a huge difference. (See my sig.) And I feel enormously relieved that I am no longer powerless in the face of those cravings!

Anyway, I just thought that might be helpful to someone...

Last edited by Fiona W; 12-03-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #389  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Back again after a bit of a hiatus, but I'm back lighter. New and improved -LOL- I've stayed on plan, I just have had no time to be on the net. But I missed the 3FC support and know that with this time of year I'm gonna need someone in my corner saying step away from the chocolate!

Fiona I'm a binger, I'm a secret eater and can eat so much until I feel sick and then 30min later binge more. Ironically I will binge even on healthy food and secretly eat those too, so its not just unhealthy food specific for me!
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #390  
rockin' my 60s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitterfish View Post
Fiona I'm a binger, I'm a secret eater and can eat so much until I feel sick and then 30min later binge more. Ironically I will binge even on healthy food and secretly eat those too, so its not just unhealthy food specific for me!
Well, you might be interested to hear that night before last, I had my first serious test of Kathryn Hansen's technique. I got angry about something. Anger is always my most difficult emotion to just live with instead of stuffing it away with a huge pile of sweets.

At first I was frightened, thinking, "Oh no! I want to binge! I'm going to have to binge!" but then I was able to separate myself from the voice going "Cookies! Right now!" The voice was loud, but by keeping myself apart from it, by viewing it as not my voice, I found that even as upset & angry as I was, I did not have to act on the urge to binge. I was amazed!

If you're ready to give up binging for good, I highly recommend Hansen's book. She tells her own story of overcoming binging, explains how such urges get programmed into our brains, and carefully explains how to block them. (See my previous posting for a link to the Amazon reviews.)

Last edited by Fiona W; 12-05-2013 at 11:13 AM.