Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 11:03 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

that's great apryl!

this is me thinking about getting a 4.0 ----->

i got them in high school, but alas, not in college.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:23 PM   #17  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I'm the complete opposite - I was an average high school student (the thing that appeared on my report card the most was, "Jessica has much potential but does not apply herself." ) but in college, I'm a 4.0. ....of course, we'll see how long that lasts.

Congrats April, that's so cool about your 4.0! I'm very proud! What's your plans for the summer?
Old 06-03-2003, 02:49 PM   #18  
Lil Hippie Vegan Mommy

Ahhhh..and I thought I was the only one that forgot if I was on my 1st or 2nd glass I am so glad to see that my memory is not the only one that fails
Old 06-03-2003, 06:19 PM   #19  

Hi all. I like this thread. Easier to keep up on everyone.

I have been quiet lately -- mostly because I only have time to read and not a lot to write. Our children should be coming home this month (we pray -- they go to INS tomorrow and then the final steps of passports and visa) so we are busy busy busy preparing our house for 2 toddlers.

I am still working hard and have lost 28 lbs. so far. It feels great. Adding weight lifting to my routine has been amazing!!!

I am trying a little something new. I was eating 2200 calories per day and losing, but once I lost 25, I had to shift down to 2000 a day. So now I am trying to go back up to 2200 one week per month (when I am PMSing -- since I don't lose weight then anyhow). I am trying this to see if it tricks my metablism into letting me stay in the 1800-2000 range and still lose weight. I know a lot of people drop pretty low to lose weight, but I just don't see myself succeeding that way. I do really well and do not need to cheat in my current range and would liek to stay close. Have any of you ever tried something like this.

Although I am low on time and having a tough time responding, I get so much motivation here. Thanks for sharing your lives.

Peace,
Paula
Old 06-03-2003, 11:40 PM   #20  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Paula - That actually sounds like a good plan. I've read where changing up your calories tricks your metabolism by making it think it's getting enough calories.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:36 AM   #21  
JML
Success Story!!!

Hi!!!

Goddess Jessica, you should definitely get exercise points for moving. I moved this weekend too. I've got alot of stuff out of boxes and onto piles on the floor already, but then again, I don't own a whole household full of stuff yet. I like the apartment. The low ceilings I find don't bother me at all, though I would like to find a way to dampen the sound of the traffic. It's the trucks. I like living in a small town. I can walk to downtown, to the laundramat, the post office, the library, a small food store and pharmacy, and right downtown is a very pleasant walking trail by the river complete with flowers and benches. I don't have my computer set up yet, but the library is only a block or two away so I can even check my email pretty easily. I have a nice kitchen, my own bathroom. Ahhhhhhhh. I feel like the tension is simply leaving my body. I've been so tense for so long at home. I can feel myself relaxing, and feeling at ease. I can't believe how much I've been able to do physically. I've been able to move and carry things up stairs. I think it's the tension from home that's literally been physically crippling me --- and now it's gone. My back, my knees, my arms -- are all feeling better. I still have some strain, but about 90% less than before. This is good.

Not sure how I'm doing with weight. I don't have a scale yet. I have been eating more than normal -- especially chocolate (not binging though) -- and I think that's ok. I'm in a new situation, I need some adjustment time, I'm below my goal weight, and I just need some time to relax and be at ease, and enjoy some chocolate. Life is good.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:39 PM   #22  

yay! glad you popped in jeanne, was wondering how you were doing. i'm so glad you're de-stressing and have your own place! that's awesome!!
Old 06-04-2003, 01:59 PM   #23  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Jeanne - Congrats on your new place. I like living downtown in a big city for the same reasons you like living in a small town -- everything is in walking distance! Definately enjoy your chocolate and take your time unpacking.

I'm going to throttle the Cute Boyfriend today. He's driving me crazy. He's been a little forgetful and thoughtless and I think I had enough this morning when I berated him for making me late (he was JUST getting in the shower when I was getting up to get in the shower--he had been up for like an HOUR doing nothing!!). He's not used to me being home at this time so I guess I have to give him a little slack for that but AGH!

The only other crisis I've had is with the unpacking and getting the old apartment cleaned, I haven't had the time (or energy) to go grocery shopping! Literally, I have a can of limeade, a bag of frozen peaches and a case of beer (priorities!) in the fridge. Nothing else! Has anyone ever used those grocery delivery services?
Old 06-04-2003, 02:09 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Wow, Jeanne, you've had so many great changes in your life. I'm glad you were able to find a place that you like. It must feel so good to move out. Congratulations!
Old 06-04-2003, 05:00 PM   #25  

Jeanne - Isn't it amazing what kinds of aches and pains and ills stress can bring on? I'm so glad your getting happy and settled in your new apartment
Old 06-04-2003, 05:20 PM   #26  

Jeanne, So glad you got your own place and it's working out well. It's amazing how the stress in our life will manifest itself in our bodies. Sometimes we don't even realize that it's stress that's causing our problems.

Jessica, Try having 3 teenage girls and 3 little boys that play in the dirt like they're little pigs. Some days I think that my time for the shower may never come!!
Old 06-04-2003, 08:20 PM   #27  

Arrow No more lurking

I'm jumping in with both feet have been checking out this site and finally am doing some posting. I enjoy reading how people with as much weight to lose as I have, can laugh and be silly. I know that I have been taking myself much too serious. Right now I am vegan and using soy protein and restricting "whites". Will be moving to another smaller apartment in 3 weeks. I had wanted to down-size my stuff and have been tossing what I haven't used and it is almost as exillerating as tossing excess pounds.

Sandy 260/260/150 1st goal 7/4 250

Last edited by 200club; 06-04-2003 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:39 AM   #28  

sandy- restricting "whites"? like, soy milk and stuff? not sure what you mean.

but glad you are jumping in. of course we're silly. it's cuz we're THE COOLEST. yeah.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:28 AM   #29  

Sandy,

Hi and welcome!!! Glad to see you posting. Do you mean you're restricting refined carbohydrates, and eating wheat pasta, whole grain bread, etc? The "good" carbs?

Take care,
sherry
Old 06-05-2003, 09:17 AM   #30  

Hey Sandy - Welcome! And I think you have us all wondering about "restricting whites"
Closed Thread