3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   5% (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/281482-5%25.html)

JustB1027 05-13-2013 12:18 AM

5%

Well today I got on the scale and I had lost 3.2 pounds!!!!! I was pretty excited to say the least!! Completely shocked is a better description considering the last two weeks!! So I was all excited to enter my weight on my WW app. Doing so I was told I have lost 5% of my starting weight. It is actually 5.66%!! I have lost 17.6 pounds since starting on March 24. I am pretty excited!

I need to take a moment and give a great big :hug: and THANK YOU to everyone that has listend to my whining complaining and frustration the past few weeks! I can whine to all of you in ways that I cant to anyone else. I greatly appreciate all of the support and I hope that I am as encouraging and helpful to you all as you are to me!!!

On a side note I got a message from WW that I am losing weight to quickly. After the past two weeks how is that possible and should I be concerned?

NorthernChick13 05-13-2013 12:38 AM

Congratulations! That's wonderful!!!! WOOO!!!! You have worked so hard and you should revel in this moment! As for WW, I personally don't think your numbers are worrisome. I think things like MFP and WW have liability issues and have to state "don't lose more than 2 lbs a week", etc. But the human body is not a calculator! You've averaged about 2.5 a week- and I think you're doing just FINE!! CONGRATS!!!

JustB1027 05-13-2013 12:43 AM

Thank you so much!! It is just nice to know that I am not working hard for nothing. Though here is my thought, I have exercise less this week than I have the previous 2 weeks but I am eating the same so I am wondering if I am eating enough for the working out I was doing...

SuperHeroTeacher 05-13-2013 01:01 AM

Yay!!! :cp::cp::cp: I knew it had to happen for you soon! I wouldn't worry about losing too fast - you're working hard. As long as your points are from nutritious foods, I'd say keep doing what you've been doing!

Mozzy 05-13-2013 01:40 AM

Congrats!!!

rodeogirl 05-13-2013 03:39 AM

You're doing so great!

Every day is a day closer to your goal. :)

MoniqueMclean 05-13-2013 08:22 AM

see woooooot!! you go girl!! nice loss!!

time2lose 05-13-2013 08:36 AM

Yeah, :carrot::carrot: You are doing great. I would not be concerned about losing too quickly either.

punkrocksong 05-13-2013 09:10 AM

Congratulations! I wouldn't be too concerned about losing so quickly. I think when you start around our weight, the weight tends to come off more quickly in the beginning...it's probably some sort of stock liability response from WW.

I'm so happy that you stuck with it, and it sounds like it was frustrating for you, but now you get to reap the benefits - losing over 17 lbs - congrats!

elvislover324 05-13-2013 09:22 AM

I'm on my phone so I can only post a quick message but I'll be back this afternoon.

Just wanted to say: TOLD YOU the scale owed you!!! So happy for you!! :hug:

AnnMarie77 05-13-2013 10:22 AM

5% is awesome and a terrific milestone!!! Congrats on all of your hard work!!!:carrot:

betsy2013 05-13-2013 10:26 AM

Way to go JustB! Woohoo!!!!! That's awesome.

I agree with others -- you're not losing too fast for the beginning of a diet. Also, the heavier we are, the faster it comes off at first. Finally, remember that WW -- while a great organization and certainly highly rated for its effectiveness -- is still in the business of making money. In addition to being healthier to take off the pounds slowly, they make more money with that approach. Now, when you're 4 or 5 months in and still losing at that rate, it may be time to look at your points.

elvislover324 05-13-2013 12:55 PM

I couldn't wait to get home onto my laptop to share your joy today.

Whoever sent the woosh fairy to you sent him to me too!! I finally had a good loss this week!

Or....maybe it's because we motivate each other to stay on track and keep our eye on the prize. Could it be our hard work and dedication that helped us drop a few pounds this week?? I think it might be. :D

You are doing awesome. Your post from last week stuck in my head since I read it. You are working too hard and doing too many good things for yourself to give up now, sweety. Plus I'd miss you so much around here posting with us!!

JustB1027 05-13-2013 01:18 PM

YAY for the whoosh fairy!!!! I am so excited for you! Your kindness keeps me going some days! I won't give up. I just have to vent about it! Ha ha ha!!! I know I wouldn't be able to do this without everyone here!

belovedspirit 05-13-2013 02:05 PM

:yay::yay:

Way to go! :carrot: