Old 05-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #46  
KakeJ

S/C/G: 295/195/175

Height: 5'91/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I planned on losing 10 pounds at a time . Each time I lost ten pounds I started the next 10. If I had ever thought I needed to lose 90 pounds that would have seemed impossible.
that is how I saw it too. I thought 100 was lofty but the mini route of 5 and 10lbs. worked and it took 2 years but it worked for me. I am glad I did it this way.
kakeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Belovedspirit, it is December and you made it. Good job! Any insight you wish to share?
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #48  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

I also wanted to point out that BelovedSpirit, you made it! You're in the 100's -- How does that feel? Think back to your original post in May. I think we've all been there, but like Mozzy said... the time will pass anyway, so you might as well be working toward a goal, and YOU DID IT!!

Last edited by AwShucks; 01-12-2014 at 12:59 PM.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:04 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

This is the first time that I am really thinking I will make it this time. I have a long way to go and then what? I wil still have to eat healthy food and exercise.
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:18 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletmeshell View Post
This is the first time that I am really thinking I will make it this time. I have a long way to go and then what? I wil still have to eat healthy food and exercise.
Me, too. I'm not on a diet BUT, I'll be honest, I'd rather be maintaining than still hoping for losses. Months are fine but years will be tough.
Mad Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:24 PM   #51  
FIGHTER

S/C/G: 296/TICKER/178

Height: 5'5''

I saw a tagline in a users signature from some obsolete thread a while back that has seriously motivated the crap out of me, I apologize to whomever it was that I cant remember the users name but the quote is still fabulous!

BEING FAT IS HARD. LOSING WEIGHT IS HARD. MAINTAINING IS HARD. PICK YOUR HARD.
CharityMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:53 AM   #52  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubee View Post
Belovedspirit, it is December and you made it. Good job! Any insight you wish to share?
Tbh, I'm still wrapping my mind around this process and the entire experience. What I've come to experience is how profoundly worth it this journey has been for me. I am still about 50 lbs from goal, but life is remarkably easier. I feel better physically, I feel better emotionally, and I appreciate the removal of barriers in my everyday life that losing weight has facilitated. I understand these aren't necessarily experiences everyone will have, but these are some of the reasons that have made the process worth it for me.

The second (equally important, imo) concept I've come to terms with is the issue of time. For some reason, we all lose on our own terms. I imagine many of us have heard stories about people who try to lose weight for 20 years without making headway and finally one day the ball gets rolling and stays rolling. I don't know if there is always a clear-cut answer for what made it work THAT time, for what made habits stick THAT time as opposed to all the others. What I do know is that there is nothing to be gained from shaming ourselves for attempts that might feel futile and disappointing. We can do our best and focus on taking care of our bodies and our health regardless of our weight. This is not a race to the finish line. This is day after day after day... Focus on making healthy choices in the various aspects of your life, on nurturing yourself in the ways that keep you feeling good emotionally, on dissolving the barriers and demons that keep you needing to binge eat or that tell you you're less than who you are and diminish your value, character, and skills. Love yourself and take care of yourself at ALL weights, and the weight will more likely than not come off in time.

And be sure to educate yourself. Consult a variety of sources for what healthy living and taking care of yourself means and looks like. If you transform the way you think about yourself on the inside, the outside will follow suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwShucks View Post
I also wanted to point out that BelovedSpirit, you made it! You're in the 100's -- How does that feel? Think back to your original post in May. I think we've all been there, but like Mozzy said... the time will pass anyway, so you might as well be working toward a goal, and YOU DID IT!!
THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletmeshell View Post
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Donnelly View Post
Me, too. I'm not on a diet BUT, I'll be honest, I'd rather be maintaining than still hoping for losses. Months are fine but years will be tough.
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharityMarie View Post
I saw a tagline in a users signature from some obsolete thread a while back that has seriously motivated the crap out of me, I apologize to whomever it was that I cant remember the users name but the quote is still fabulous!

BEING FAT IS HARD. LOSING WEIGHT IS HARD. MAINTAINING IS HARD. PICK YOUR HARD.
That's a great line.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:34 PM   #53  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well done! And well said! Nice to relive a great thread!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote