Plus-size Exercise Clothes

• Okay, ladies.

Junonia.com used to be my go-to place for exercise wear but it feels like they're cutting back on that more and more and carrying more regular clothing. I still love their plus size swim wear. BUT...

I want a running shirt. Preferably quik wik or other active material (not cotton) and long (I have a long torso). Any suggestions?
  • Have you tried Walmart? They have a bunch of wicking exercise shirts, shorts and pants there in plus sizes -- and cheap.
  • I have running clothes from Target, Old Navy, and Gap. I don't know if tall + plus size are available at any of them though. They do either have talls or run long though.
  • I got 3 Everlast brand workout shirts at Sears last week on their winter clearance rack. $1.99 each!!! Tags said $36. I honestly thought they were on the wrong rack but they weren't. And they were long sleeve which is what I wanted for early morning/late evening walks. (That price is cheaper than going to the goodwill!)
  • I got some really good stuff at Old Navy recently. Lane Bryant, too, but they're more expensive.
  • I really like old navy! Super cute pants! I've never really looked for shirts there though. I've got some cute ones at Target, but it's kind of hit or miss for me there. My favorite one's right now, I got at Walmart on clearance for $3.
  • I love the Old Navy tall stuff. I've also done well with the Lane Bryant online stuff.
  • Target XXL stuff is pretty if you choose the "loose" fit. I have a few C9 tech shirts I was wearing at 230ish lbs.
  • I had good luck with some Walmart shirts and they really wicked away moisture. Price couldn't be beat!
  • A follow up to this thread, I bought these two shirts from Old Navy:

Active Tank: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...73190032#close
    The Moisture wicking tee: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...&pid=122687112

The moisture wicking tee was terrible. I hate the material and it's very thin. See through even.

The active tank is BY FAR the best active wear I've ever bought. It's long and it stays in place when I run. I bought a 3X (I usually wear a 2X) because of the reviews and I felt like it was perfect. My chest is gigantic (38HH) and it fit well.

I liked it so much I am posting a pick of me in it from the half marathon I did yesterday even though I am making a weirdo face in it. This is mile 7 so don't mind the gross, sweatiness of it.

Rock n Roll Half by SweetEnnui, on Flickr
  • If you look VERY closely, you can see my number says, "Go Goddess!" I told you my real name was Goddess Jessica!
  • Jessica, you are so cute!!! That's not a weirdo face, it's a cute pose!!!

Congrats on running your race! And I love that your number has "Goddess" for a name!!!

Thanks for sharing the info on the longer tanktops, I'm constantly pulling mine down when I run and it's so frustrating!
  • Oh honey... I have a whopping 44ddd!! These bad mamas are outta control

Here is a list where I have bought from:

Old Navy
    JCP *Xersion and Made for Life
    Gap
    Lane Bryant *best sports bras
    Nike.com *very few choices
    Target
    Wal-Mart
    &&&&&&& Check out eBay. Type in what you are looking for and you may find something. I found a Lane Bryant swimsuit NWT and it was $23!

HTH!!
  • Hooray for running a half marathon!