Old 05-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #91  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going2BeThatGirl View Post
I was right there two days ago!! I don't know what happened to the 3 lbs I lost, but I'm sure you'll get those lbs off in no time

Keep your head up!!
Thanks, GBTG. I will. I've learned long ago that this happens, so I don't let it drive me crazy.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #92  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies... I am at 265 today, so hanging. not really going up or down. I am not surprised, though. I have been sneaking way too many little "snacks" that are adding up, and not recording the way I should be. You would think that since this is really about me against my body that there would be no need to sneak. ... Crazy.
I knew this was psychological as well as physical.... I just never imagined how much. THAT is why it takes so much strength to do this. I have to battle the five year old inside of me ALL the time! It's like having a toddler to look after... and I gotta tell you...she is STUBBORN!
One day at a time,, right.

On a positive note... it is great to see that persistence pays off! I am so glad for all of you who are continuing to drop the weight and stay on plan. Congrats and keep up the good work everyone!
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:28 AM   #93  
junior lifestyle changer

S/C/G: 272/290/140

Height: 5'3"

I had my 4th weigh-in on Tuesday and dropped another 5lbs. Which means that I lost 23.4 lbs in a month. I know it wont stay that high, but it is encouraging to keep going. So now I am down to 248.8 from 272.2. WOW!!!
Waterdog2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #94  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

watergirl Wow good for you. That is alot of weight lost in a month Woo Hoo So are you saying goodbye and going to the 240's thread? PLEASE take us with you!!

Joefl... I am sorry that the Bounce back happened... Did you eat something salty or not right? I had 1 piece of cake and gained 3 1/2 lbs the 2nd day (for some reason it takes 2 days to show up on my scale). I know that its 99% water for you and will go away It sure will

Vdander... That little voice (ego) that tells us... gosh you like that.. alittle won't hurt --- tries to control us--- and it does aggravate and tempt us too much sometimes. But if it is just too powerful you can always get back on plan and keep moving forward.

Hope everyone is having a good day...... Beloved? Doing okay? Haven't seen a post for a day or two from you... Just checking..

I AM HAPPY down 1 lb last night yeah... I hope (and know) it will continue woo hoo... Maybe 250's next week for me OH YEAH (deep voice) lol

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 05-16-2013 at 07:35 AM.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:43 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Yesterday I weighed myself and I was down 2 lbs for no obvious reason. I checked today and it was back! Glad I waited and didn't post my whoosh! LOL I am learning patience through this weight loss experience.

Waterdog2442-those are super amazing numbers! I hope you don't get disappointed when you start seeing just one or two pound losses in a week. (which is still great).

vdander24-keep hanging in there. I think I am just starting to realize that weight loss has a lot to do with our mental outlook on it. What makes it click to want to lose weight? what makes us keep trying after not losing? it's hard mental work sometimes!!

joefla70-you have done so well! I know you must be so happy with yourself!

wannaskipandlaugh-thanks!

Mara-thanks! I sure hope so!
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #96  
Giving It My All

S/C/G: 270/262.2/140

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
Thanks, GBTG. I will. I've learned long ago that this happens, so I don't let it drive me crazy.
I have a feeling I'll end up gaining some of the 3 lbs back.

I joined WW yesterday, so I have so many points in day... but I think I'll end up having an issue with tracking. I can never remember to write things down!

vdander24- Um, I with you in the sneaking snacks club. I guess I really didn't notice, until I wasn't sneaking and my mom had said something. It was Lays Chips and Nutter Butter minis. Look the kids get them, so why can't I have like a handful of chips and a handful of Nutter Butters? BECAUSE I'M TRYING TO DROP WEIGHT! That's what I need to keep telling myself.

Waterdog- I'm so jealous!!! Congrats and keep up with the GREAT work!

I am going to have to start drinking more water. I just can't seem to do it... shouldn't be that hard

I hope everyone has a good day... I'm about to send our 2 yr old (almost 3 yr old *as his dad corrects me now) out the door. He is driving me nuts and he has only been up for an hour. LOL
Going2BeThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I was right there two days ago!! I don't know what happened to the 3 lbs I lost, but I'm sure you'll get those lbs off in no time

Keep your head up!!
Yikes! That happens to me a lot too! For me, tracking daily helps me get around the fact that I'm going to fluctuate, but even so, it's never fun.

Waterdog, that is a stunning amount of loss!

vdander: so true about weight loss being mental. If only we could figure out WHY our "mental" works better at some times than at others. For me, a lot has to do with how much else I have on my plate. Lots of stress, tension, and too busy makes it much harder to focus on my food behavior.

wandaskipaugh congrats on the 1 lb down!

I'm still 263, but I did see 262.8 flash on the scale! Hanging in there.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #98  
Joe

Quote:
I have a feeling I'll end up gaining some of the 3 lbs back.

I joined WW yesterday, so I have so many points in day... but I think I'll end up having an issue with tracking. I can never remember to write things down!

vdander24- Um, I with you in the sneaking snacks club. I guess I really didn't notice, until I wasn't sneaking and my mom had said something. It was Lays Chips and Nutter Butter minis. Look the kids get them, so why can't I have like a handful of chips and a handful of Nutter Butters? BECAUSE I'M TRYING TO DROP WEIGHT! That's what I need to keep telling myself.

Waterdog- I'm so jealous!!! Congrats and keep up with the GREAT work!

I am going to have to start drinking more water. I just can't seem to do it... shouldn't be that hard

I hope everyone has a good day... I'm about to send our 2 yr old (almost 3 yr old *as his dad corrects me now) out the door. He is driving me nuts and he has only been up for an hour. LOL
I don't know what caused my small bounce back, but I know what made it worse! I've been a little off my plan the past couple of days - especially yesterday. Sometimes I get frustrated when the numbers on the scale don't go down and once in a while it will give me a momentary defeatist attitude for that day which will prompt me to "take that day off" - to a limited extent. I mean, I won't eat fast food or junk food. But, when this happens I find myself eating a larger quantity of my on-plan foods. The last couple of nights I sorta "binged" on my on-plan foods and ate several portions of several different foods (when I should have just had one portion of one food). I guess my attitude is that if the scale is not going to go down, and is going up when I'm being so good --- why be good today? Why not just eat how much I want to eat? Well, obviously the flaw in that logic isn't too difficult to see once my temporary bout of insanity passes.

P.S. I have an almost 3 year old as well. He turns 3 on May 25. Yesterday I was home from work because my 8 year old had ear tubes put in (for the 3rd time!). That is probably part of the reason for my bad eating yesterday. I was out of my routine.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #99  
Giving It My All

Quote:
P.S. I have an almost 3 year old as well. He turns 3 on May 25. Yesterday I was home from work because my 8 year old had ear tubes put in (for the 3rd time!). That is probably part of the reason for my bad eating yesterday. I was out of my routine.
Ours will be 3 on the 14th next month. My birthday is on the 23rd of this month, so I'll be 28!

Our 8 yr old has had tubes once and hopefully he won't have to have them put in again. So has our twin 7 yr olds!

Our (almost 3) LOL yr old had tubes put in for the first time *which was WAY overdue* in December.

Hope it all comes down soon for you! I know how it goes!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #100  

Quote:
I don't know what caused my small bounce back...
I don't know if you all will find this helpful or not, but it's something that has helped me quit a bit. I have a Tanita scale that measures not just weight, but also percent water and percent body fat.

I don't think the body fat percentage is all that helpful. When I've had mine measured by a nutritionist, my real percentage was somewhat lower than what the scale said:

But what I really like about it is that it shows me when I've gained water weight, and also, when a weight drop is likely due to dehydration, and will likely bounce up as soon as I get rehydrated.

It's just a teeny psychological boost for me when I know I've been on plan and I see the scale go up 2-3 pounds, to also be able to see the shift in water weight/fat percentage. By the same token, when I lose because I'm dehydrated, I can expect that the loss will bounce away as soon as I get rehydrated.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it in case anyone is interested.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #101  
Joe

That's interesting. I mean, I know that when I have a gain of several pounds from one day to the next, its about the water. I mean, there is no way that I'm going to lose or put on that many pounds in one day! The trick is trying to figure out how much is attributable to water and how much is fat. Does your scale do that?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #102  
Giving It My All

I'm on my cell, so hopefully this works.

I weighed myself before my shower tonight and it said I was at 257.8. I'll do it again in the am, as I highly doubt its right. Scale has a mind of its own.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #103  

Quote:
That's interesting. I mean, I know that when I have a gain of several pounds from one day to the next, its about the water. I mean, there is no way that I'm going to lose or put on that many pounds in one day! The trick is trying to figure out how much is attributable to water and how much is fat. Does your scale do that?
Basically, the scale gives you three numbers. Water weight/Body Fat/ and weight. When water weight is up, the water percentage goes up and the body fat percentage goes down. When you're dehydrated, water percentage goes down and body fat percent goes up. Normally, I'm about 40% body fat (yikes!) so if my weight has bounced up two or three pounds and my body fat is down to 32% or so, I know that I've gained water weight. It doesn't give a super precise measure, but if you weigh daily you can pretty much tell when a gain or loss is water related.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Default Update From Yesterday!

Was down two for no reason and then it came back. Today I weighed in and was down 1.8 pounds!! YEAH!! WOO HOO!!

have a good weekend everyone! I have a crazy one planned. I have my daughter's dress rehearsal Saturday (or her Sunday dance recital), a baby shower, my daughter is going to a birthday party Saturday night and then the recital is Sunday!

Last edited by loganandlivsmom; 05-17-2013 at 06:35 AM.
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #105  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Way to go, loganandlivsmom!!

I thought I would join this group since I'm in the 250s. Here's wishing us all a speedy trip through these numbers and into the 240s!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote