Old 05-10-2013, 01:20 AM   #46  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Sue Thanks for the encouragement! It was georgous both yesterday and today... right up until the thunderstorm at 7:00 or so. . Glad you are better

CaliforniaDreamer Congratulations and Welcome! Good Luck with your plan!

Waterdog2442 That is fantastic news! Keep up the great work!

ubergirl YEAAAAA!! I know you have been working this for a while. Glad to see you are back on the way!

belovedspirit It takes a lot of strength to do a juice fast! Good luck with the transition back. Was it to jumpstart weight loss? I know it is supposed to be cleansing, but it does weight loss as well. Fingers are officially crossed! :-)

Amanda Welcome! Its a great thing to get online and get all this support, isn't it? Good luck with all your goals and keep sharing... Believe me... we all learn from everyone!

Okay, so I was back to 262.8 today. I walked, and ate well early in the day, but then I had to log my spaghetti dinner! I know it is delicious, and really good on a budget, but even substituting turkey, for beef, and having only half my normal amount, it is still a calorie bomb! My sister has been doing this a little longer than me, so she was smart and saved calories for it. lesson learned for today!

AS for the rest of this lovely group... Have a wonderful weekend!
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Default Flying Through!

I hope I fly on through! I had a hysterectomy Tuesday and now am starting to feel a bit more human again. Weighed myself and I am down 3 pounds since Tuesday. Part of that has to be the surgery itself and the pain pills-not eating much. With that said I am at 256.
My son graduates from HS on June 4th. I would love to be at 250 if possible then. ((AN EVEN 50 POUNDS in a year!!))

Hope we all fly through the pounds and get on to the next thread this summer!
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #48  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Oh Loganandlivsmom..... I hope that you are aok and recovering with little pain. I am so sorry you had an operation.. Your nos are GREAT Wow almost 50 lbs down and its not even 1/2 way in the year. SO happy for that for you. I wish you a quick healing and that you reach your goal by 6/4 for your DS graduation!

Vdander... yep pasta gots lots of carbs and salt... Whatever you gained will go away quickly as it is just water retention Think possitive

ME well I gained 3.5 lbs last night... from that cake on Wed the 8th. My old WW instructor always said that the weight would show up in 2 days and she was right ...... But I am NOT going to quit.. NOT THIS TIME. I truly was on plan all day yesterday and will do it today.. I wish you all strength of will and mind today!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #49  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Woooo scale showed me a 263.8 today!!! Recovering from my little scale jump I think. Going to Boston Pizza for a work lunch today, that scale number has inspired me to have a big salad I think I haven't been logging my food the last few days, I am kinda curious to see if I can keep my food under control without logging it, it's an experiment I guess.

Happy Friday and hope everyone has a wicked weekend
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #50  
Giving It My All

S/C/G: 270/262.2/140

Height: 5'7

LoganandLivsMommy, I hope you continue to feel a bit more human and a WHOLE LOT BETTER!!

vdander24, Yes, the support is great! I get motivated everyday from just reading about you all being motivated!!

belovedspirit, I was thinking about doing some type of fast. I need to get my system clean. I just feel like YUCK.

So today I am going out shopping and think I will start the Y, either a daily trip or a every other day thing. I'll start on Monday. I am hoping there are some member programs that overlap with the childcare. They have Turbo Kick, but its from 6-7pm and that overlaps with having the kids at home and doing dinner. We'll see. The kids are interested in doing Zumbatomics (Zumba for kids) and I think it will be great for all three kids, but especially our 8 yr old son.
Going2BeThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #51  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdander24 View Post
belovedspirit It takes a lot of strength to do a juice fast! Good luck with the transition back. Was it to jumpstart weight loss? I know it is supposed to be cleansing, but it does weight loss as well. Fingers are officially crossed! :-)

Okay, so I was back to 262.8 today. I walked, and ate well early in the day, but then I had to log my spaghetti dinner! I know it is delicious, and really good on a budget, but even substituting turkey, for beef, and having only half my normal amount, it is still a calorie bomb! My sister has been doing this a little longer than me, so she was smart and saved calories for it. lesson learned for today!
Thank you! I started the juice fast out of curiosity and to try detoxing (to see if that was legit, what it meant, what it would feel like, etc.). It was definitely not weight loss intended, although my weight dropped fairly quickly as a result of juicing fasting. Now I'm transitioning back slowly as to avoid shocking my organs, lol. And also, I hope, to avoid a rapid rise in weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganandlivsmom View Post
I hope I fly on through! I had a hysterectomy Tuesday and now am starting to feel a bit more human again. Weighed myself and I am down 3 pounds since Tuesday. Part of that has to be the surgery itself and the pain pills-not eating much. With that said I am at 256.
My son graduates from HS on June 4th. I would love to be at 250 if possible then. ((AN EVEN 50 POUNDS in a year!!))

Hope we all fly through the pounds and get on to the next thread this summer!
I'm glad to hear your recovery is going well! Keep us posted on the weight loss. 50 lbs or anywhere near 50 lbs is amazing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
ME well I gained 3.5 lbs last night... from that cake on Wed the 8th. My old WW instructor always said that the weight would show up in 2 days and she was right ...... But I am NOT going to quit.. NOT THIS TIME. I truly was on plan all day yesterday and will do it today.. I wish you all strength of will and mind today!
That's really interesting about the 2 days later.
I am a numbers nerd and I calculated the calories in 3.5 lbs... 3.5 extra lbs is 12,250 extra calories... so I wonder if some of it might be water, some stress/worry, some random fluctuation, etc. I will keep my fingers-crossed for you! Whatever it is, you can definitely knock it right off and keep on your merry way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Woooo scale showed me a 263.8 today!!! Recovering from my little scale jump I think. Going to Boston Pizza for a work lunch today, that scale number has inspired me to have a big salad I think I haven't been logging my food the last few days, I am kinda curious to see if I can keep my food under control without logging it, it's an experiment I guess.

Happy Friday and hope everyone has a wicked weekend
Yay Silverfire! What a great way to start a weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going2BeThatGirl View Post
belovedspirit, I was thinking about doing some type of fast. I need to get my system clean. I just feel like YUCK.

So today I am going out shopping and think I will start the Y, either a daily trip or a every other day thing. I'll start on Monday. I am hoping there are some member programs that overlap with the childcare. They have Turbo Kick, but its from 6-7pm and that overlaps with having the kids at home and doing dinner. We'll see. The kids are interested in doing Zumbatomics (Zumba for kids) and I think it will be great for all three kids, but especially our 8 yr old son.
I do feel much better after the fast. My tastebuds have chilled out, I have an appreciation for fresh juices and live nutrients, etc. Most importantly, I think about less healthy foods and think blegh.

Good luck with the exercise!

Last edited by belovedspirit; 05-10-2013 at 11:14 AM.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #52  

265.5 lbs today. Scale is not budging down. ugh. But it also is not budging upwards. Still, I'd reeaaally like to see the 250s. lol
Old 05-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by belovedspirit View Post
I wonder if it's due to a time zone difference. Your post reads as 9:24am on my screen. I'm in the eastern time zone (north america), though. Could that be it?
Maybe...I am in central time zone (north america). I haven't seen it do it before. Oh well, chalk it up to gremlins.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Friday! Welcome to the new folks.

Hold strong wannaskipandlaugh! The cake is in the past and you are moving forward.

Great job silverfire!

Don't worry belovedspirit. That scale will be moving down before you know it.

vdander I love spaghetti! I have probelms with portion control on that one. lol

Hang in there everyone! Keep moving forward. (I just watched Meet the Robinsons on tv the other day and this is now stuck in my head.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Bounce back to 265.2 this am. Out-of-town and REALLY hungry, but I'm hanging in there!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #56  
Makin' it happen

S/C/G: 296/198/150

Height: 5'4

254.5 today! I feel fatter than ever, lol. Weight loss is weird.
onagain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #57  
Giving It My All

S/C/G: 270/262.2/140

Height: 5'7

Belovedspirit... I'm going to google how to go on a juice fast.
Going2BeThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #58  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Hello all...

Beloved... I hope that the scale shows you LOVE this morning...

Mara thank you for your encouragment and yep.. PASSED that cake debacle lol I hope YOU are fantastic today!!

Silverfire... Its nice to see a drop on that nasty ole scale thingy I am very happy for you. You are heading down down down

Going 2be.... Let us know if you are going to do the juice fast... I am watching beloveds posts and like to see what it does to your bodies Healthier and Happier I am hoping,

Onagain... isn't it funny... sometimes you drop weight... but it doesn't feel like it... Strange?! but Yeah for you!!

loganandlivs mom.... are you doing okay today? No residual pain/tenderness? I sure do hope not... I hope your hormones are all set on a course too. I send you another

Ubergirl..... OUTTA Town is so hard and being hungry too... yikes its a double threat. I hope that you have fun and can find some healthy food that you can eat that makes you full but does not set you back anymore Have fun! that is what life is for!!

I am on my way to Disney World for my friend who wants to upgrade his annual Fla pass to a Fast pass annual pass (I guess you get to have 2 free fast passes a day since they are stopping that practise at the park) I am driving as his car is old and unreliable... but it gives me a chance to due walking tours of the "Boardwalk" area and go up and down hills.... Yeah.... I have to have strength as I would love an annual pass (had one for 4 years and it is so cool to go to Disney for 1-2 hours and then leave and not feel like you got your monies worth)... It is such a happy place and full of memories of lost loved ones.... Alittle choke Miss my sister... Oh well... But I get to walk and AVOID the BAKERY and the CANDY STORE and ESPN with their NACHOS argh... just fly by them a few times I hope....

HUGS to all you lovely, kind and vibrant people You rock my world!!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

2 more pounds down! yay! pain pills and no appetite equals weight loss LOL

wannaskipandlaugh- thanks so much! 50 pounds has taken a year though. Still I am happy with it vs. losing in a few months and then gaining it all back just as fast (as I have done several times before). My pain is OK hardly even taking the pills a few days out. Still laying low not doing much. I am 44 so my doc kept my ovaries for the hormones. I had fibroids and it was out of control. Nothing we did really controlled them so surgery was the best and only real option.

Going2BeThatGirl- Thanks! I am feeling more and more human every day. Have to remind myself that healing is still going on and I have to rest anyway!

belovedspirit-thank you! feeling so much better! hope the scale drops soon for you!

hope everyone has a good weekend!
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going2BeThatGirl View Post
Belovedspirit... I'm going to google how to go on a juice fast.
Sure! Let me know how it goes for you and remember to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post

Don't worry belovedspirit. That scale will be moving down before you know it.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl View Post
Bounce back to 265.2 this am. Out-of-town and REALLY hungry, but I'm hanging in there!
Oh, scales. They are so finicky. Good for you for hanging in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onagain1 View Post
254.5 today! I feel fatter than ever, lol. Weight loss is weird.
lol definitely! you're so close to 250 though! whoa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
I am on my way to Disney World for my friend who wants to upgrade his annual Fla pass to a Fast pass annual pass (I guess you get to have 2 free fast passes a day since they are stopping that practise at the park) I am driving as his car is old and unreliable... but it gives me a chance to due walking tours of the "Boardwalk" area and go up and down hills.... Yeah.... I have to have strength as I would love an annual pass (had one for 4 years and it is so cool to go to Disney for 1-2 hours and then leave and not feel like you got your monies worth)... It is such a happy place and full of memories of lost loved ones.... Alittle choke Miss my sister... Oh well... But I get to walk and AVOID the BAKERY and the CANDY STORE and ESPN with their NACHOS argh... just fly by them a few times I hope....

HUGS to all you lovely, kind and vibrant people You rock my world!!
Oh that sounds like so much fun!

Thanks for the well wishes.
I found the juicing helped with a few things like cutting cravings for artificial sugar, most bread products (including the bread on pizza), and a bunch of other stuff. That stuff still tastes ok, but it just doesn't cut it to the taste of fresh fruit or veggies. It's like my body's been reset (at least for a while.. I plan to juice while I eat, so I'm hopeful that resetting will stay). My mind still craves things my weight loss mind doesn't want to ingest, but that's a whole other battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganandlivsmom View Post
2 more pounds down! yay! pain pills and no appetite equals weight loss LOL

wannaskipandlaugh- thanks so much! 50 pounds has taken a year though. Still I am happy with it vs. losing in a few months and then gaining it all back just as fast (as I have done several times before). My pain is OK hardly even taking the pills a few days out. Still laying low not doing much. I am 44 so my doc kept my ovaries for the hormones. I had fibroids and it was out of control. Nothing we did really controlled them so surgery was the best and only real option.

Going2BeThatGirl- Thanks! I am feeling more and more human every day. Have to remind myself that healing is still going on and I have to rest anyway!

belovedspirit-thank you! feeling so much better! hope the scale drops soon for you!

hope everyone has a good weekend!
I'm very glad to hear your pain levels are manageable!

So, my scale did a huge jump between last night and this morning. I ate a lot last night (a lot to my recently fasting body), and the scale definitely jumped up to 270.1 lbs. I'm not all that worried, as a 5 lbs rise is apparently typical once solids are introduced, and I know not all of that is genuine weight gain (most of it isn't, I imagine). Plus, I can take it off very quickly. I don't know where the optimism is coming from, but hey I'll take it.