3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   motivation/rewards for weightloss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/279769-motivation-rewards-weightloss.html)

Alyssa Autopsy 04-15-2013 11:38 AM

motivation/rewards for weightloss

i haven't really planned any rewards for myself at each new goal
(i figured the weightloss was enough of a reward in and of itself!)
but today my grandmother said, "once you get into and stay in the 170's,
i will give you some money, $1 per each pound lost." wicked!
she said this after i told her i weighed in at 180.6 today, which is the lowest i've been in a WHILE.

do you have any rewards or motivations set in place?

lunarsongbird 04-15-2013 12:30 PM

Andrew and I are getting a couples massage when I hit ONEderland. :) And then I want to get manicures/pedicures for every 10 pounds.

CaityCait88 04-15-2013 12:37 PM

I'm doing well on my weight loss but sometimes need a push and decide if I make it down another ten pounds then I'm going get my nails done.

My current reward is that if I go to the gym a minimum of 3x a week then in a month (I'm on week 3) I am buying myself new cute sneakers.

I say if it gives you motivation and works with your lifestyle then go for it! And who doesn't like money?

the shiv 04-15-2013 12:41 PM

I have these little plastic bracelets I buy in the goth shop, they're only 50p each :) I'm wearing 2 which correspond to 10lbs each. I have another 3 I'm waiting to put on. I just like that every time I see that I'm wearing them it reminds me of how far I've come :)

rodeogirl 04-15-2013 11:31 PM

If I get to my goal weight I'm going to do some kind of equestrian tour - like a week's ride through Ireland or something.

gwenaa 04-15-2013 11:40 PM

tattoos are my motivation, when i get into the 100's i'll get a new one and then another one when i reach my goal

Alyssa Autopsy 04-15-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunarsongbird (Post 4707248)
Andrew and I are getting a couples massage when I hit ONEderland. :) And then I want to get manicures/pedicures for every 10 pounds.

i wish i could afford that, but acrylics are $65 to get put on near me and $35 for a fill, and my nails grow fast so i need a fill every other week. now, they are some really good quality nicely done and prettily hand-painted nails, but it's just too much. i'd rather have the cash, as i'm saving up to buy video games that were stolen from me. the 4th of 7 games that i want costs $100! xP

epicskyline 04-16-2013 12:37 AM

I made this whole list of rewards for myself when I hit certain milestones, but somehow I hardly ever followed through on any of them. I think part of it is what you said - the weight loss is a reward in and of itself. Another part is that I feel much less guilty about treating myself in general, even without hitting a goal. If a dress looks cute on me, I'm going to buy it, even if I don't need it, because I've earned the right to wear a cute dress.

The one thing I am sticking to, though the time frame has changed, is that I will be getting a tattoo. Originally, I wanted to do it when I hit onederland. Now I want to wait until I have a flat stomach and can get the tattoo right on my hip.

ubergirl 04-16-2013 09:42 AM

Buying clothes in smaller sizes does it for me!