3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   period problems (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/279678-period-problems.html)

former340 04-14-2013 08:01 AM

period problems

HELP!!!!! Since my weight loss hit triple digits my period has been ALL OVER the place. I just ended a 10 day period after a 14 day cycle. A lot of people are telling me that it is hormones trying to adjust to a new body size, I had a pap 10 months ago and it was normal,but should I go to the doctor's for this? Or just wait it out ..see if time make a difference? Is anyone else experiencing this?

thnknthin1 04-14-2013 08:24 AM

Hi former! Since I've been losing weight I've had wacky periods as well....they've been regular but I'll have spotting during the month. I've heard the same thing from others, that it's hormones being released from the fat cells. That being said, I would definitely contact your OB/Gyn just to be on the safe side and make sure everything checks out okay. :hug:

SarahFairhope 04-14-2013 09:39 AM

Pap just check for signs of cervical cancer and wouldn't tell you whether or not you are having an abnormal hormone pattern.

I would definately go in and see your OB/GYN. They can talk to you about what is going on, run some blood work to ensure your hormone levels aren't harmful and give you some hormone management options, if you'd like to control it. As for me, losing weight has certainly has changed my cycle. I've gone to birth control in order to manage mine.

Hope thats helpful.

BreathingSpace 04-14-2013 02:14 PM

Losing weight has really changed my cycle too, but not as drastic as a 10-day period after a 14-day cycle! Omg what torture you poor thing!

But yeah, I would agree, just go to your doctor and check it out to make sure. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just your hormones adjusting to the weight loss but better to be safe.

Tziri 04-14-2013 02:44 PM

I'm taking birth control and I have lost quite a bit of weight so far. My period became a little wacky once I had lost about 70 or so lbs. Like other people said, talk to your ob/gyn or dr about it but it probably is just the hormones changing with weight-loss.

rodeogirl 04-14-2013 11:22 PM

I would definitely go to the doctor unless it's really expensive for you to do so (read no insurance). I had all kinds of problems in that department and waited forever to go to the doc - would have saved myself a lot of trouble.

My problems weren't related to losing weight - but better to get checked out sooner than later, I've learned that the hard way.

CherryQuinn 04-15-2013 09:35 AM

at 335 I had a period maybe twice a year that would last a month. then mid 20s they were on time perfectly every month and still are...cept...the last one lasted two days? instead of 3-4? I don't know how normal that is. I figure my bodys just readjusting constantly.

lunarsongbird 04-15-2013 09:47 AM

I'd actually recommend an endocrinologist; they specialize in hormones.