Old 04-06-2013, 12:41 AM   #16  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Sitting home on a Friday night with nothing better to do, so here goes.

I am no longer motivated, I am now committed.

I am committed to most days eat the way we should all eat, and get some on purpose activity! As long as I do that, it's not the devil to have a french fry or a bit of tater salad, or CAKE! Or come home and skip the walk and lay my tired self on the heating pad on the sofa.

What we really need to strive for, is to find what works for our bodies and then find a balance between nutrition and exercise that works for us.

What I do might do may be a minefield for someone else. And what someone else does might blow me out of the water!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiefalls View Post
I had to keep the junk from coming back into the house. I have been the same weight since the end of November. I was tried of seeing 279-283 over and over. I actually gained 7 in December and lost it in January, but after that I couldn't figure out why I couldn't say no to things like that potato salad. I found it was sugar that crept in (in the form of those new 10 calorie sodas). Now that they're gone I have my will power back. It's such a relief and I hope you can find out what's doing it for you! Mix it up. You can do this! Hugs to you.
Same thing with will power -- or lack of it -- has been happening to me. I haven't been making really bad decisions, but haven't been making the best ones either. When I read pixiefalls, it dawned on me -- Easter Candy!!!!! The evil force of pure, undiluated, over processed sugar has reared its ugly head. I didn't eat much of it, but evidently I have the sugar will power of ?????? (I have no sugar will power so nothing to compare it to!). It's definitely an addiction and addictive because it will take me a few days now of really working at not eating anything with sugar or high carbs or off plan.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #18  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsy2013 View Post
Same thing with will power -- or lack of it -- has been happening to me. I haven't been making really bad decisions, but haven't been making the best ones either. When I read pixiefalls, it dawned on me -- Easter Candy!!!!! The evil force of pure, undiluated, over processed sugar has reared its ugly head. I didn't eat much of it, but evidently I have the sugar will power of ?????? (I have no sugar will power so nothing to compare it to!). It's definitely an addiction and addictive because it will take me a few days now of really working at not eating anything with sugar or high carbs or off plan.
Definitely! I knew three days off-plan (too many calories on Easter Day just from dinner with family, even low-carb, and then carbicide with peanut butter chocolate eggs and jelly beans on Monday and Tuesday) would impact me. I've finally lost the water weight from the carbicide, after three days of very low carb and strict calorie counting. We'll see how it goes on Monday's weigh-in.

As someone around here recently said, it's not whether we stay on track or not, but really whether we GET back on track when we get off, that determines our ultimate success. Everyone has days when they eat off-plan. The real test is how we deal with that off-plan time, and how soon we get back on-plan.

For me, that's one of the biggest things I've learned (or think I've finally learned) through being on- and off-plan for years. And this time, I have specifically been honing tools in my dieting toolbox for the times when I fall off-plan. So far, it's making a huge difference.

Last edited by synger; 04-06-2013 at 08:52 PM.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #19  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vex View Post
The ability to get back on plan after time off plan really is the key to losing weight.

What do you want more - to lose weight or a pizza today? Eating a pizza might feel good as you're eating it, but I guarantee you you'll be more depressed than right now after you eat it.

Make the decision to stick with it, to be healthy.

If you already ate more than you planned for lunch, it's ok. Just get right back on plan for dinner and the next day.

"I've already eaten this, so why don't I just eat this too" is probably the one of the biggest challenges we have to overcome.
When I've gone through this - its really and honestly "buying in" every time to the knowledge that the extra calories are not worth it. Was the birthday cake? Im sure! But Im just as sure that all the rest of the more off plan choices aren't. Much like Vex said, the long range journey is about how long it takes the light bulb to pop back going and say, "hey, this isn't at all what I want, really." And what it takes, Im sure is different for everyone and different over time.
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote