Old 04-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #1  

Default Pout, pout, stomp, stomp---cranky over here!

I really think I psyched myself out about my scale and it's making me crazy(ier) than I already am.

I am so stuck on these last &*^%&* 5lbs that it's all I think about now. I just want to be in the infamous onederland already. It's not going to change anything in my life per se, it's only a number and I logically understand that. But right now it's the only thing I want and I feel like a 5 year old having a tantrum.

I want to change the dial on my scale and move it over 5 lbs so I can see it say 199 but that's cheating and isn't going to solve anything!!!

I should be (and I am...) so thankful for my weightloss and my medical team helping me with my diet and for my amazing progress in exercise abilities and everything else...

but I am CRANKY!!!

OK rant over. But I am still waiting for these 5 flipping pounds to be out of my life already.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #2  

Come on scale!!!! Move!!! You've done it 123 times already...5 more!!

:-) Congrats on losing 123 pounds--that takes amazing determination and commitment.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #3  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I hear ya!

I swear, I hovered around Onederland for a good month before I finally dropped below it and stayed there. And it's such a big deal number, and you want it so bad, and then your body JUST WON'T COOPERATE. I know. It sucks. It will happen. Hang in there - tie a knot at the end of that rope.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #4  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I'm right there with you. The idea of ONEderland is really messing with my head.

So much so that I'm actually making numbers up to put on my daily weigh-in thread.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4691079-post33.html
Seriously...it's going to be awesome.

P.S. Who knows what your hormones are up to. Trust your body. You are going to need to depend on this trust.

Also- Here is a secret you already know. Proverbs 3:5
Care for you much!!

But also- feel free to rant. You're entitled. The scale is darn frustrating.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #5  

Thank you, ladies!!!!

I should have hit delete instead of posting this!!! I have no right to be upset about anything. Like Kaitie said, I've done this 123 times already, what's waiting for another 5!!! I even tried pretending I wasn't looking at the 199 and changed my ticker. There is no fooling onederland, I'm convinced!!!

And Lunar, you are right, stopping my meds this week I think started my estrogen flow again so bring on the girly moodiness (no offense to anyone, I mean myself only) and water retention!!

OMG Riddy, a month?!?!? I will literally scream my head off!!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #6  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Did you see that on the official scale on Saturday I weighed 211.5? And today on the official scale I was 217?! TWO FREAKING SEVENTEEN! LOL! 6.5 pounds?!

ACK!? I asked my consultant, "Holy Cow- Have I EVER gained this much before?!"
Consultant: "Yup...March 16th, actually...same amount. 6.5 pounds."

What was two weeks ago? Ovulation.

Alright hormones...very funny.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #7  

LUNAR, stop making me laugh!! I'm cranky, remember?!??!

And there is no way you gained 6.5lbs for realz!!! You will have a big wooosh next week, I'm sure of it!!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #8  

Height: 5"6

Ahahahah elvislover, I'm sure that cheered you right up! You can totally do it! When you get closer and closer to a new goal, you psych yourself out thinking you won't make it. BUT you know what's awesome? You WILL make it! You are so gosh darn close! Keep stomping and pouting though- more calories to be burned! Ahahhaah we're rooting for ya!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

LOL, there must be something going around, I've been trying to get below 230 for what feels like FOR-EVER!!!

You can do it elvislover, it's just 5 pounds, 2 weeks!! Maybe two and half. You need to pick the song that you're going to blast when you got on the scale when you see that number, and practice your victory dance.

My suggestions are:

Girl on Fire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J91ti_MpdHA

And a classic:

Nothing's gonna stop us now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w5s6V8rQH4

And of course listen to this daily to get yourself psyched: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

I'm rooting for you!
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #10  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

You're gonna whoop it Elvislover.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HW~330 CW~291.4 GW~285

Height: 5'4

You can do it!!! Do not apologize for the rant! It happens to us all! I was ranting and grouchy yesterday and not just about the weight but everything in life!
JustB1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #12  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Argh! *#}%^+*!!}}%% onederland!! I got stuck at 201 for about 6 weeks!! Horrible!! If I'd done it differently, I would have put my scale in the cupboard for a month! I really do think that when you approach a Big Deal Weight it's possible to stress out about it so much that you stall. I honestly believe cortisol has something to do with this... Now I'm finally over that hurdle, I'm still in a hurry to get down to 175 (the sooner the better and for good reason) and I feel like I'm stuck AGAIN.

Really, those 5lbs are no different to any less significant ones, your body treats them just the same. It's your mind playing tricks on you... Either it just FEELS like it's taking longer, or you're stressing about it so much it's putting your hormones out of whack and actually IS slowing things down.

You got this! And something I did that helped mentally... Put your scale down 7lbs or so and stand on it. It'll say 198 or something. Just stand there and stare at it. Get it into your head, just suspend your disbelief for a while. It might trick your mind into getting used to looking at that lower number.

the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:18 AM   #13  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I remember the feeling the exact same way in the week leading up to my birthday, it was awful.

Hugs chica, you can do this!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:55 AM   #14  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitie9399 View Post
Come on scale!!!! Move!!! You've done it 123 times already...5 more!!

:-) Congrats on losing 123 pounds--that takes amazing determination and commitment.
Yep that's right.. You got this!! Go scale go!
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:10 AM   #15  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

It seems like it's almost a rite of passage - so next year when I'm complaining you can link this post back to me!

It WILL happen and we are all gonna whoop and holler with you when it does. Hang in there!!!!
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote