Water challenge in April anyone?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • My April goal is to get back to drinking 100 oz of water a day.

For some reason, when I get discouraged in life in general not just weight loss, one of the first things I drop is my water intake. Is it some kind of self punishment? I...don't...know...but I've been through it enough times to see it. In April, I'm aiming to keep my spirits up, and get my water in me every day!

How I'm going to do it: I have a 20 ounce cup I keep in the kitchen near the sink. All I need is 5 of those in me each day and I'm golden. I will set 5 daily alarms on my cell phone to keep me drinking and I will post here as well!

Is anyone willing to join me for a water intake challenge? My own goal is 100 oz, but yours can be whatever you wish. I'm going to edit this original post everyday starting April 1st to track my progress.

• I am in! I will set the same goal! 100 oz a day!
  • Yes i am in. Im going to do minimum half your body weight. im going to use my starting weight which means 128oz of water which is simply 1 gallon.
  • I would love to join this. I need to consistently get my water up, I do OK during the week, but suck on the weekends. My minimum is 2 litres a day!

04/01- 2.2L
    04/02- 2.2L
    04/03- 2.75L
    04/04- 2.75L
    04/05- 2.5L
    04/06- not enough, probably not even a litre.
    04/07- same as above. I suck on weekends, especially when I'm away.
    04/08- 2L
  • I'm in, and will start with 100 oz too. Good luck everyone!

1. 48 oz ( not a good start )
    2. 24 oz
    3. 84 oz
  • Awesome, welcome friends!
  • I don't even drink 2 glasses of water most days.

100 oz seems insane to me, but what the ****! 16 down today, 84 to go
  • Yes please! Thanks for mentioning this. Water intake is one of those "back burner" things for me. Being signed up for a challenge might just be that small push I need to make it a legitimate part of my regimind.

Lets go!
  • Quote: I don't even drink 2 glasses of water most days.

100 oz seems insane to me, but what the ****! 16 down today, 84 to go
    When I'm in a nasty head place, I can go a few days without drinking any at all. Not good, lol.

I'm not measuring today, maybe have had 60 oz or so. Good luck!
  • This looks like the kind of challenge I should take part in! Seriously, my water intake is disastrous and definitely something I need to work on. So I guess I'll start with small steps and aim for 1 liter a day...
  • I'm not going to measure water intake. I measure nothing but my weight. However, I'm going to join this challenge by promising that I will drink water any time I am thirsty. I get lazy about getting up to get myself a drink. I am thirsty now, I'm getting up and heading to the sink...
  • I'll join in! But I'm not going to drink 100oz of water per day. I'll stick to 70oz, which is what I drink in a normal day.
  • Oh, I really need this! I have been terrible about drinking my water, especially on weekends. I'm going to aim for 96 oz. (filling up my 24 oz. bottle four times) a day.
  • I'm trying for a minimum of 4 cups a day. I usually only drink 2 cups coffee and 1 cup water per day... but that's not healthy.
  • I'm starting my first glass. Mornings are slow for me, water makes me kinda sick before my breakfast has settled.

Welcome newcomers!