i need a good, swift kick...

• I looked in my journal this morning to try and get back on track. I don't log food (though I should), just weight, measurements and exercise.

Anyway, in the past six weeks, I've gained and lost the same three pounds. I've kept off everything I lost, but I haven't had a "new" weight loss since the beginning of April. At this rate, it's going to be another year before I reach my goal

I guess I should be glad I didn't gain, and have kept up exercising, but I"m so disappointed in myself.

Sherry
  • OK Bend over ------> (__Y__)

Well the positive note is you haven't gained, just do your best to get back on track!
  • I know logging food sucks and it's a big pain in the butt, but do it for a week. You might be surprised. I know another problem I face is portion control. As the journey goes on, a "cup" gets bigger and bigger and bigger....What I do for a spot check is I spoon out what I think is a cup, then actually measure it. One time I poured what I thought was a cup of cereal and it turned out to be almost 2 cups!
  • Ok, I know you feel poopy but remember that you changed ONE HUGE THING this whole time, exercise. That's a huge change! So, say to yourself, "Wow! I'm pretty darn amazing for being able to keep up with this rigorous exercise routine. Now what can I change?"

You are much more likely to stick with baby steps! If you keep beating yourself up, you're going to make yourself quit such a tremendous step forward.

Decide that you're going to really pay attention to portion size this week.
    or
    Decide to add at least three green leafy vegetables to your meals everyday.
    or
    Decide that you're going to cut all sweets out for this week.

Exercise is so important and so many people start and then stop, be proud of how well you're doing by keeping up with it!