Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 12:07 PM   #16  

Default I know it's not healthy to think of failing...

I remember a little poem someone once said that went...

Some call me a failure, which is really quite unfair
I just started at the bottom, and found I liked it there.

I am still irked with myself -- about gaining the weight, not checking this web site, blowing off support networks and just eating really stupidly.

But I was flipping through the channels and "High Noon" was on (great movie). Anyway, how pretty and thin Grace Kelly looked! -- will get on the elliptical rider and watch a current movie for some good motivation as some on this thread have said. I think the idea of a picnic with healthy foods is a great idea, too. Sometimes, one day of healthy eating can knock off the despair & frustration.

Thanks everyone for some great ideas. I love this forum.

--Kimberelly
Old 05-26-2003, 01:01 PM   #17  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I really like your poem, Kimberelly. I, too, have been having a rough couple of days. Yesterday was not easy, and today is starting out horribly. I like your signature, though. Looking at it as I'm posting this reminds me of how far I have to go yet. Just because I've lost #50 is no reason to slack off.
Old 05-26-2003, 04:18 PM   #18  

Default But you also should remember how far you've come!

SuchaPrettyFace,

50# is 50#; please don't slight your accomplishments. I admire your persistence, because this isn't easy!

I think one of the reasons many of us get overweight is because we want the immediate gratification. You didn't lose weight the weight immediately; you've stayed with it, and you're really progressing. That's the whole point, staying with it, knowing we can do it, supporting each other when another slacks off. And knowing we can do it because we know the outcome of acheiving our goal is far greater than the struggle and discipline that has to happen for us to get there...if that makes sense.

I am looking forward to when I can get on the scale and see that I've lost 50 pounds. That will be a mini-success for me along this path.

Good luck and stay focused! I know I will.

Kimberelly
Closed Thread