Breaking point

• Stress is a huge trigger for me. I have been under so much stress from my job recently that it is starting to talk a huge toll on my physical and mental health. After discussing the job situation with my husband, family, and friends I have come to the conclusion of reaching a solution that is going to be a big change for me. I will upate on that later when I have secured the situation and keep everyone posted.

Otherwise, I realized through all of this that I punish myself by getting off plan to help cope with stress. That's not healthy at all. I now know my triggers, I gained 6 pounds the past two weeks and I am not getting back on the slippery slope of regaining. I woke up this morning feeling renewed about finding a resolution for the job issue, and I also feel renewed in the knowledge that my trigger is what has caused me so many problems on my weight loss journey. With the full support of my husband and our family, I am putting my health first (and his! ) and making this lifestyle change for good. It feels like Day 1 all over again, and so be it. I am doing this one day at a time.

And I am going to make dang sure I do not fall back down and stay down again along my journey!

Thanks for letting me get that off of my chest, I know y'all understand, and I feel so ready mentally to make this healhy lifestyle happen!
  • Hey Pink, I was wondering about you the other day. Glad to see your back and feeling better. Hope you find a resolution for the job quickly. Stress is a big trigger for me also so I know how that can be.
  • Oh I know all about job stress. I work in a small office, 6 people. Love the job. BUT one of the women I work with, who I guess you can say is my "superior", can be horrible. She is rude, disrespectful, swears up and down, belittles you and gets away with it. She has been here since the day the business started. I don't get it. As if she never ever does nothing wrong. I seriously wish I could set up a camera here. You'd be disgusted with the behavior of this 57 yr old woman.

Woooo felt good to vent. I needed that.

You keep after what you want. Focus on your goals.
  • Pink, good for you for coming to a decision and including your husband in the process. I think the hardest thing to do is to recognize the problem and then to logically identify the alternatives and plot out a course of action. But it is renewing and empowering. Good luck with this approach and congratulations on putting your health first.
  • Pink,
    I just started today and your post is the first one I read. It is exactly what I am going through right now! Thanks for sharing. I will focus on my health and not let the stress trigger the eating. Hope you come up with a resolution soon too!! Good luck.
  • Excellent news!! Do you feel energized by the decision to be actively and fully consciously taking care of yourself? You totally deserve all that self-nurturing and it will help even more on your weight loss journey!!

I feel amazing when I purposely reach for the cod liver oil for comfort instead of a doughnut.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/48...l-for-anxiety/
    http://kellythekitchenkop.com/2012/1...r-anxiety.html

Hooray for new beginnings!!
  • Thank you everyone for your responses! I have missed 3FC dearly so I am apologizing in advance for being on here not as consistently. But I have been thinking about everyone and sending good vibes to everybody!

My husband and family and I all had a long discussion of what I need to do and I think we have come to a pretty good solution, now it's all about timing and figuring out the first step!

I will update more when we know more, and thank y'all again for the support!
  • Pink -

Way to go stopping the upward trend! It's so easy to want to give up, I have given up so many times in the past.

Hang in there and soon the scale will be going the right direction!
  • Stress can really "do a job" on you. I used to hate to wake up in the morning and go to work. So many changes, each one making things harder. What used to be a great job turned into a nightmare. My physical problems were bad, but the mental stress did me in. I spent the last day of work in tears. I ended up going on disability - and I am so thankful to my SO becuase he saw what a difficult time I was having and encouraged me to get out. I'm on a very tight budget - but it's well worth it. I'd rather pinch pennies than sit in my cubicle in misery. Good luck to you -- I'm sure you'll do fine.
  • Pink! Good to see you. Way to be proactive in finding solutions to your stress issues. It is so hard sometimes to prioritize weight loss. So glad you are here with us, though.
  • Thank you for your story Forreal and it's great to see you too Laurie!

I feel so much better, and the scale and my body and brain are showing it as well. I have several options in the next couple of months on which direction to take, so I'm just going to take this one day at a time, grit my teeth and make it through each workday like nothing is wrong and keep my head up. My health has to come first and foremost, no matter the amount of stress. Now that I see the light at the end of the tunnel, and realize I have several options for jobs, it's all about figuring out the best route to take now. The answer will come when it's the right time, now I am grateful to still have a job and be able to pay the bills with my husband. I know the right job will come along soon.