3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   2013 Resolutions - April Fools' Day to Mother's Day! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/278503-2013-resolutions-april-fools-day-mothers-day.html)

geoblewis 04-07-2013 12:25 AM

First time joining here. I enjoy the challenges.

2013 Resolution: I don't do yearly resolutions. And my body doesn't ever play along with my plans to maintain a steady rate of weight loss. So instead, I focus on maintaining my effort to stick to my eating and fitness plans. Earlier this year I went in for a DEXA scan to pin down my lean body mass and figure out my BMR. I learned that my LBM is 152 lbs. I know this will drop as I lose weight, but it is my ambition to maintain as much of my muscle mass as possible while losing fat. I know that building muscle while losing fat makes the whole process slower.

I am participating in a 10 week challenge at work, so this is also helping me focus on my goals. I did the DEXA scan the week before the start of that challenge, and I plan to do the second one at the end of the 10 weeks. The challenge at work is more of a lifestyle makeover progression, with a new challenge to add every week. So far we've worked on just assessing what we eat and how much we exercise, how much water we drink, and next is eating enough vegetables. We have to exercise a minimum of 30 minutes a day, five days a week.

From April Fools' Day to Mother's Day, my resolution is a two-pronged attack: To stick to my Paleolithic/ketogenic diet seven days a week (eating the adequate amount of protein for my goal to build and maintain muscle, plus all the daily servings of vegetables my body requires and a limit of 50 gm of net carbs let day), and to do cardio exercise three days a week plus weight training and Pilates three days a week. My starting weight on April Fools was 316 lbs.

Week one (ends April 7th): Goal net carbs for the week - 700 gm, actual net carbs for the week - 557 gm; goal cardio for the week - 3 hours, actual cardio - 2 hours; goal weight resistance workouts - 3 hours a week, actual workouts - 3 hours. Since I only joined this challenge Friday, I am behind on the goals I set for myself for the week. However, I lost 3.4 pounds.

Week two (ends April 14th): This week I'm going to cut carbs below 100 gm net/day. Goal net carbs for the week - <700 gm, actual net carbs for the week 755 gm; goal cardio for the week - 3 hours, actual cardio - 3 hours; goal weight resistance workouts for the week - 3 hours a week, actual workouts - 3 hours. No weight loss realized.

Week three (ends April 21st): Trying harder to consistently bring my carbs down. I'm disappointed that I had a couple of really carby days last week. Again, goal net carbs <700 gm, actual net carbs for the week 676 gm; goal cardio for the week - 3 hours, actual cardio - 2.5 hours; goal weight resistance workouts for the week - 3 hours, actual workouts - 2 hours. Despite excellent control over my carb intake, I still didn't lose weight. But I believe it's water retention due to hormones and much warmer weather. And I didn't get to exercise at all on Friday.

Week four (ends April 28th): Focusing on my macronutrients this week, as well as controling calories. Same goal for net carbs <700 gm, actual net carbs for the week 714 gm; total calories for the week 14392, actual 16683 calories. For exercise: goal cardio for the week - 3 hours, actual cardio - 3 hours; goal weight resistance workouts for the week - 3 hours, actual workouts - 3 hours. Really, I did so well all week, but Friday night and through Saturday, I lost my focus and totally overate. Did NOT bother to weigh myself on Sunday. Pressing on...

Week five (ends May 5th): I think I've got the macros down, so this week my focus is all about the calories. Staying consistent with my goals. Net carbs <700 gm, actual net carbs for the week 895 gm (Wow! That was hard to write!); total calories for the week 14392, actual calories 15765; cardio goal for the week - 3 hours, actual cardio - 3 hours; goal weight resistance workouts for the week - 3 hours, actual workouts - 3 hours. Well, carbs went up, but calories went down. Last week approaches! It would be nice if I saw a net loss on the scale.

Week six (ends May 12th): This week I'm really focusing on macros and calories. I have gone back to my old pattern of intermittent fasting for this week. It helps me cut calories the best. Net carbs <700 gm, actual net carbs for the week 1118 gm; total calories for the week 14392, actual calories 16799; cardio goal for the week - 3 hours, actual cardio 3 hours; goal weight resistance workouts for the week - 3 hours, actual workouts - 3 hours. Oh dear, I really blew it this week. And mostly in the last three days when I was very social. Not happy with my results. Didn't gain, thankfully. I lost a mere 2 lbs. At least I was really good with the exercise. On to the next challenge!

sassyangies 04-07-2013 11:08 AM

2013 Resolution: 2013 goal is to be at 199 pounds. So to lose 77 pounds.

From April Fools' Day to Mother's Day, my resolution is: To lose 20 pounds. I changed it a little from my last post because I thought Mother's Day was a little bit further than that. I will do this by sticking to my 1500 Calories a day diet, limit my soda, drink more water, and move more.

STARTING WEIGHT 276
GOAL WEIGHT 256
Week one (ends April 7th): 274 Not as much as I had hoped for, but with my eating not totally OP I am so happy it's down and not the same.
Week two (ends April 14th):
Week three (ends April 21st):
Week four (ends April 28th):
Week five (ends May 5th):
Week six (ends May 12th):

Martine 04-07-2013 04:14 PM

I have been self-sabotaging all week long, eating whatever, whenever. I'm angry with myself. Since the beginning of the year I was eating a balanced diet, really making a change in my life, but I think that because I wasn't seeing any significant change in my weight, I just started giving up again. Same cycle as before.

Today I started fresh and have made smart food choices. That's all I can do, one day at a time.

Hopefully everyone has had a successful week.

Week one (ends April 6th): 254.6
Week two (ends April 13th):
Week three (ends April 20st):
Week four (ends April 27th):
Week five (ends May 4th):

ChickieBoom 04-08-2013 11:14 AM

2013 Resolution: To increase my miles. I want to run a 10 mile race this time next year...and make my goal weight.

From April Fools' Day to Mother's Day, my resolution is: Stay completely on plan and run at least twice a week.

Starting weight: 180
Week one (ends April 7th): 174
Week two (ends April 14th):

Challenge Goal Weight: 168
2013 Goal Weight: 145

redday 04-10-2013 09:40 PM

2013 Resolution: Weigh 185 or less

From April Fools' Day to Mother's Day, my resolution is: 30 pounds

Starting weight: 268.8 (corrected from last week because I had a body comp analysis done and the weight control program forgot to adjust for the 2 pound clothing allowance that the machine gives)

Week one (ends April 9th): 267.2 (TOM)
Week two (ends April 16th):
Week three (ends April 23st):
Week four (ends April 30th):
Week five (ends May 7th):
Week six (ends May 14th):

sassyangies 04-14-2013 11:50 AM

2013 Resolution: 2013 goal is to be at 199 pounds. So to lose 77 pounds.

From April Fools' Day to Mother's Day, my resolution is: To lose 20 pounds. I changed it a little from my last post because I thought Mother's Day was a little bit further than that. I will do this by sticking to my 1500 Calories a day diet, limit my soda, drink more water, and move more.

STARTING WEIGHT 276
GOAL WEIGHT 256
Week one (ends April 7th): 274 Not as much as I had hoped for, but with my eating not totally OP I am so happy it's down and not the same.
Week two (ends April 14th):271 I'm so excited to have lost 3 pounds. 1 more pound and I'm at the 40 pound loss mark. I'm not sure I'll make my goal, but I'm ok with that. At least the number is going down.

ChickieBoom 04-15-2013 11:32 AM

2013 Resolution: To increase my miles. I want to run a 10 mile race this time next year...and make my goal weight.
From April Fools' Day to Mother's Day, my resolution is: Stay completely on plan and run at least twice a week.

Starting weight: 180
Week one (ends April 7th): 174
Week two (ends April 14th): 174

Challenge Goal Weight: 168
2013 Goal Weight: 145

Elladorine 04-15-2013 01:57 PM

I'm on pregnancy break as of April 12th. :preg:

Henceforth, my goal will be to stay on plan (both through eating and exercise) as opposed to losing that pound per week, although I will continue to track my weight weekly. I'm also trading in my commitment with jogging for exercise that is lower in impact, like walking and swimming.

I will be discussing my food and exercise plan on my first appointment with the OB-GYN. I'll also be sure to get advice on where my weight should be as I progress throughout the pregnancy. Wish me luck! :)

Martine 04-16-2013 10:44 AM

Stepping in the right direction FINALLY!

Week one (ends April 6th): 254.6
Week two (ends April 13th): 251.8
Week three (ends April 20st):
Week four (ends April 27th):
Week five (ends May 4th):

redday 04-16-2013 11:42 PM

Starting weight: 268.8 (corrected from last week because I had a body comp analysis done and the weight control program forgot to adjust for the 2 pound clothing allowance that the machine gives)

Week two (ends April 16th): 262.0 :df: 5.2 pounds gone :df:
Week three (ends April 23st):

ataraxia3 04-22-2013 03:52 PM

2013 Resolution: Change my lifestyle and become a healthier person, so I can be a better role model for my daughter. I would love to get down to 160 by the end of this year.

From April Fools' Day to Mother's Day, my goal is: EDIT/ To lose 15 pounds by mothers day !

Starting Weight April 1st: 268.8
Week one (ends April 7th): 265.2
Week two (ends April 14th): 263.4
Week three (ends April 21st): 264.6 ***I don't know WHAT happened this week, i've been working out like a mad woman so weight GAIN doesn't make sense to me but I think I need to make some adjustments with my eating. Here's to hoping for a better weigh in next week...**

Total weight LOST: _____

redday 04-24-2013 12:28 PM

Week two (ends April 16th): 262.0 5.2 pounds gone
Week three (ends April 23st):261.2

sassyangies 04-24-2013 01:48 PM

STARTING WEIGHT 276
GOAL WEIGHT 256
Week two (ends April 14th):271 I'm so excited to have lost 3 pounds. 1 more pound and I'm at the 40 pound loss mark. I'm not sure I'll make my goal, but I'm ok with that. At least the number is going down.
Week three (ends April 21st):272 Not good.. Not sure what's going on. Blah!

ataraxia3 04-29-2013 05:18 PM

2013 Resolution: Change my lifestyle and become a healthier person, so I can be a better role model for my daughter. I would love to get down to 160 by the end of this year.

From April Fools' Day to Mother's Day, my goal is: EDIT/ To lose 15 pounds by mothers day !

Starting Weight April 1st: 268.8
Week one (ends April 7th): 265.2
Week two (ends April 14th): 263.4
Week three (ends April 21st): 264.6 ***I don't know WHAT happened this week, i've been working out like a mad woman so weight GAIN doesn't make sense to me but I think I need to make some adjustments with my eating. Here's to hoping for a better weigh in next week...**
Week four (ends April 28th): 261.6 ***WOO HOOO!! awesome week for me :) Hoping next week is just as good!***
Week five (ends May 5th): 260

Total weight LOST: _____

redday 05-01-2013 10:49 AM

Week two (ends April 16th): 262.0 5.2 pounds gone
Week three (ends April 23st):261.2
Week four (ends April 30th): 256 :df: 5.2pounds gone :df: