Old 08-07-2003, 04:49 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i don't but i'll take your word for it. ;P guess she's coming too. heh.
gonzostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 05:43 PM   #62  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

My wife has become a member here. But even if not why would you not include the spouse of people. I for one would not go if I could not bring my wife. However since she is a member there is not a problem there.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 06:19 PM   #63  

we had thought it would be more of a bonding thing if it was just us and we were not hiding behind our spouses. like me, i might hang out with david too much and not meet everyone else! and if i was meeting all these people that david has no idea about, he's probably get bored, you know?
Old 08-07-2003, 06:25 PM   #64  
Born Loser

Yes I guess I can see that. No worry here my wife and I are both very outgoing so I don't think we will be hiding behind each other. Plus I plan on being to thin for someone to hide behind. LOL Even if she was not a member I don't think she would let me go to Chicago with out her being that she grew up there and loves going back. We may make a vacation week out of it. We wanted to tour the Frank Lloyd Wright house while we were there last time and did not get to. Plus some of the art musems.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:08 PM   #65  

that sounds fun howie! i don't hink i'll make a big trip of it but i am totally excited to be going even for a short time,.

i'd really love to be at goal then, too. 43 pounds. 8 1/2 months. i think i can do it.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:19 PM   #66  
Crazy Canuck

I'm very new here and don't know anybody yet, but I'm hoping by June I will know lots of you and will be excited about meeting you all! The only time I've ever spent in Chicago is at the airport waiting for connecting flights, but it sure looks nice at night when you're flying in and out of it

From what I've read in all the threads so far, it looks like 3FC members would be a fun and insightful group of people to spend some time with, so count me in!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 11:16 PM   #67  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Hello Jillegal,

Welcome to the forum here...i'm sure you will get to know all of us quite well before the convention.

I'm totally impatient by nature. I have a hard time thinking about something that is almost a year away. I hope to be at my goal or at least fairly darn close to it by then. I was one of the few people who were voting for a convention date as early as possible.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 09:27 AM   #68  
Crazy Canuck

Alas Matt, being an impatient type of person myself I understand! One of the most frustrating things about this weight loss journey is after finally finding the motivation and seriously doing something about it, the impatience for results can sometimes be unbearable....but as they say, good things come to those who "weight". They also say patience is a virtue, but what's the point of going to Chicago if we have to be virtueous? Just kidding!! Look at it this way, the convention being so far off means we can all hope to see less of each other by the time it rolls around!
Old 10-05-2003, 01:09 AM   #69  
Crazy Canuck

Are the plans for the convention still at full tilt? I'm asking because I have to start planning next year's holidays pretty soon and I think I'd like to take a whole week so I can see everything Chicago has to offer and perhaps take the train and really enjoy the scenery instead of just flying in and out.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:33 AM   #70  
Born Loser

I'm taking myself off he list. My wife and I belong to a gardening group and we decided that we really want to make a vacation out of the gardening get together next year. We only have the funds for one vacation. I really would like to meet all of you but we have been doing this for the past three years and we don't want to miss it.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:16 AM   #71  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally posted by JacobsMommy
Next taping season starts in September, so we'll (I'll) start calling then and we'll see what we can do. I believe Holly is coordinating a letter to Oprah to see if she'd want us on her show while we are in town.
???
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 09:48 PM   #72  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Howie - I'm sorry that we won't be able to meet you and your wife. Maybe another time.

SAPF - I hear ya!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 11:52 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I was wondering if people, even people who aren't coming to Chicago, would be willing to give Holly stories and photos and tell how this forum has been a source of support. And then Holly can mention that a group of us will be in Chicago. That might get the attention of Oprah's staff. I think it's a pretty unique angle on weight loss, actually, plus so many papers and other media carry stories of all the bad things that can happen on the internet, and here we are with something good that comes from the internet.

Because they plan their shows in advance, I'd think that getting something to the show really soon would be important.

Just my 2 cents!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 12:09 PM   #74  
Crazy Canuck

I think that's a great idea Sheila - just think, if they knew some of our stories I'm sure they'd be impressed with us as a group and the forum as a great support centre. People like jiffypop, mthrgoos68, boiby, dowsx and jeanne to mention but a few (and I've probably spelled half their names wrong) would wow them and then there's the newcomers and oldtimers alike who may have given up if not for the support this forum lends. Heck, even if they don't want to build a show around us (or even mention us) but arrange tickets for us to see a show just for coming to their fair city - I say let's go for it!
Old 10-13-2003, 12:16 PM   #75  

I won't be able to make the trip, but I'd be glad to share my story and photos. Just let me know.

Holly, if you need any help getting the info together, just let me know. I'll be glad to help in any way.
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote