I Didn't Cry.

• After weighing in this morning and hitting an all time low on my chart at the center, (Woot, woot! A solid 215.) DH and I went to the bank to apply for a personal loan for my wreck of a financial life. (:: sigh :: ). As you know- this was SERIOUSLY scary for me.

But I just need to report- I'm so proud of myself. I have really been actively taking care of myself all week- exercising for stress release, doing acupuncture, and sipping on my tension tamer tea (which I totally brought to the bank today.)

It feels so foreign and absolutely wonderful to be trying to care for myself in a very holistic way. DH and I went to lunch and continued to talk about my finances. (Ugh.) And I came close to crying...but I didn't. And it felt good.

And instead of having a horrifically sad pity party day- I'm going to have an awesome day. Going to run some errands, unpack some books, build a fire, chat on 3FC and watch a bit of TV. I might even go to the gym to watch TV on the recumbent bike.

I just wanted to thank you ladies for all your support. It's literally helping me change my life for the better. I love being here.

And check out the tension tamer tea. It's good stuff.
  • Yay for you! Sounds like you are doing the right thing for yourself. Getting your financial house in order can be such a frightening thing! In my thirties, I was just about broke and had phone calls night and day from the friendly credit card folks. I was scared to get the mail. A lot of the debt was medical but some was my own folly. Took me a while to pay it off but I did and I count that as one of the big success of my life.

I've got to try some of that tea . . .
  • Good for you!
  • Quote: I was just about broke and had phone calls night and day from the friendly credit card folks. I was scared to get the mail.
    It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one that screens my phone calls and doesn't like getting the mail.

Koo- Now when the phone rings- are you no longer anxious?

I feel like a pavlov dog- in a bad way.
    :: phone rings :: AAAAACCCCKKKGH!
  • I'm so happy for you Lunar, I know it has been weighing on you heavily. I must try the tension tea it sounds wonderful
  • Quote: It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one that screens my phone calls and doesn't like getting the mail.

Koo- Now when the phone rings- are you no longer anxious?

I feel like a pavlov dog- in a bad way.
    :: phone rings :: AAAAACCCCKKKGH!
    Now when the phone rings I just hope it isn't a telemarketer! My debt days were back in the early 90s (when I was a PYT in my late 20s/early 30s). Back then, I didn't have a phone with caller I.D. so I'm sure I missed calls from friends and family members because I was scared of answering and hearing another "pay or else" call!

Be proud of yourself! This is a situation many are unwilling to face and you are DOING it!
  • So happy for you sweety. I know it's been a lot on your shoulders and I just watch you in awe conquering these life happenings with strength and determination. And congrats on the awesome weigh-in!!
  • That's really great! Stress is such a killer for me. Glad you were able to handle it all really well!
  • Good for you for doing what you need to do to start getting your financial life back on track!!
  • I <3 Dave Ramsey. I just transferred my wallet over to his envelope wallet today! Guess you read my mind!
  • Congrats Lunar, you've gotten through the hardest part, and you're still standing (and a little lighter too). Kudos!
  • Good for you! That's wonderful to hear!