Spring Into Summer Challenge

You're on Page 3 of 8
Go to
  • 1lb a week is pretty good imo. It's a little easier for us who are not yet in Onederland to do more than 1lb - but 1lb a week is good!
  • Rodeogirl- Thank you. I sure miss those nice weekly losses when I was near 230. I also saw your post on the Insanity the other day, how did it go??
  • Insanity is too hard on my knees currently - so I'm going to stick with low impact walking until I drop some more weight and then come back to them. They will definitely get you in shape if you follow them.
  • Hi Rodeo Girl. I did the Insanity fit test also then attempted day 1 and 2 and it is definitely hard on the knees. I decided that I didn't want to risk injury. I am going to wait until I'm smaller as well (and in better shape). I'm glad someone else had a similar experience. I felt like such a quitter.
  • We're "losers" not quitters!

I'm trying to do walking instead until I get under 250 then I think I'll try again.
  • I bet!!! I heard it is hella HARD and I agree that it's not quitting. I couldn't even do 30 Day Shred at my highest especially with the jumping jacks, oh my knees! Those were killer so I can't imagine even attempting Insanity. I'm glad you two decided to hold off for now, not worth the injury (or injuries!)
  • I love this idea. I'm so in!
    My honeymoon is right in the middle of May but this will keep me motivated.

SW: 270
    GW: 246

3/25: 270

4/1: 268.5
    4/8:
    4/15:
    4/22:
    4/29:

5/6:
    5/13:
    5/20:
    5/27:

6/3:
    6/10:
    6/17:
    6/21:
  • Welcome, Nutriphase!
  • @ Rodeo girl - "Losers" not quitters... I love that
    I decided that when I hit 220 I am going to attempt Insanity again. I am determined to at least start Insanity before this year is out.

@ amandie - yes jumping jacks and any other high impact exercise is out right now. My mind says yes but my knees say nooooo. I am a bit disappointed but I would rather wait than be injured and unable to do any exercise at all.
  • My weigh-in for the week is 261.0 even. I started JM's 30 Day Shred a couple days ago, and I'm getting nervous about a foretold stall in my weight loss due to water retention and muscle building...so, the next couple weigh-ins might not be stellar, but I will be keeping a close eye on my measurements for "inches lost", as well! Has anyone else tried a program like this and see their weight loss stop for awhile or even show gains? If so, about how long did it stall?

SW: 265.2
    GW: 235.0

March
    3/20: 264.6
    3/27: 261.0

April
    4/3:
    4/10:
    4/17:
    4/24:

May
    5/1:
    5/8:
    5/15:
    5/22:
    5/29:

June
    6/5:
    6/12:
    6/21:

• SW: 240.8
    GW: 199

March
    3/20: 240.8
    3/27: 242

April
    4/3: Vacation
    4/10: 241.2
    4/17:
    4/24:

May
    5/1:
    5/8:
    5/15:
    5/22:
    5/29:

June
    6/5:
    6/12:
    6/21:
  • @Ophelia - my $.02 is don't let weight loss become the "be all end all" you know that exercise is healthy so don't worry about the stall. Just keep getting healthier, even if you don't lose weight for a month, who cares? If you're getting healthier overall that's the real ticket! The weight will come off.
  • Quote: My weigh-in for the week is 261.0 even. I started JM's 30 Day Shred a couple days ago, and I'm getting nervous about a foretold stall in my weight loss due to water retention and muscle building...so, the next couple weigh-ins might not be stellar, but I will be keeping a close eye on my measurements for "inches lost", as well! Has anyone else tried a program like this and see their weight loss stop for awhile or even show gains? If so, about how long did it stall?
    I am trying to remember if I ever stalled with JM's 30 Day Shred alone. I was doing that along with 30 min to 1 hour on the elliptical trainer, I didn't stall much. But I am with Rodeogirl- even if you don't see much on the scale, your body will!!! I need to get back to doing that ASAP, it really helps with your body. If you haven't been working out regularly, you MAY see a gain on the scale but that is usually water because the muscle (fibers?) break up to be repaired or something like that, lol so just give it a week or two, just stick with it and it will come off!

PS Congrats on your loss!!
  • Hi guys! Down a couple for this weeks weigh in... Did six miles walking/jogging last weekend on top of my usual 1.25 a day. Need to get into a routine with that since I signed up for a 5k in July!

Hope everyone is doing well!

SW 219
    GW: 185

March
    3/20: 217.8
    3/27: 215

April
    4/3:
    4/10:
    4/17:
    4/24:

May