Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 01:40 PM   #1  

Default I had a breakthrough! Sorta'....

I kicked up the time to 45 minutes on the treadmill last Monday at a speed of 1.5 mph. Also did a couple of strolls around the neightborhool in the evening with my DH. The only other difference was that I started making an effort to drink more water and I dropped 2 pounds! That isn't that drastic but considering it has taken since 1-15 of this year to get rid of the previous 7, I am THRILLED!

Had to share that with ya'll.

Thanks for all the support.
Old 05-24-2003, 01:58 PM   #2  
missaprylj

Oooohhh--Ahhhh!! Yay!! That is wonderful news, I would be so thrilled too! I'm really happy for you Karefree, keep it up. -Apryl

Old 05-24-2003, 03:45 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Hey congrats!!
Old 05-24-2003, 04:20 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

GREAT GOING!!! especially with all the stress you're going through with your sister. you're really doing wonderfully here.

and keep up with the water. not sure why it works, but it really does. it's not just a rumor!!!!
Old 05-24-2003, 07:37 PM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Yeah....I don't know what it is about the water either, but I can really tell the difference when I drink it!
Old 05-24-2003, 07:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i feel yucky when i haven't drank enough water now. like today. bleh. i'm drinking some right now.

AWESOME karefree! we're so happy for you!!
Old 05-24-2003, 08:02 PM   #7  

Why is water such an effective aide? Water seems to work as an appetite suppressant. People on diets who don't increase their water intake may find themselves feeling hungry much more often and more severely than those who do up their water consumption. One possible reason for this is that dieters are getting less water from their food, because they're eating less food, so the body is actually craving fluid. These cravings can be significantly curbed with increased water intake. Also hydrating the body allows the kidneys to function optimally. This in turn enables the liver to become more efficient at metabolizing fat. This can increase fat burning capacity in the liver. When the body doesn't get sufficient amounts of water, it'll metabolically shift in a defensive and protective strategy to "preserve" what it has. This can result in a slow down of our metabolic rate. In addition to weight loss, drinking adequate amounts of water also has numerous other biological and physical benefits such as healthy skin.
Closed Thread