3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   The unfairness of it all! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/27720-unfairness-all.html)

Sheila53 05-16-2003 07:13 PM

The unfairness of it all!

My husband, who is about 6'2" and weighs 253, got on the scale at the doctor's office this week and weighed exactly the same as he did in March. We both took a trip the other weekend and I ate 2 pieces of the best pizza in Boise, and he ate the rest. He also snacks on peanut butter, and buys junky stuff he doesn't eat around me, plus he eats a lot more at meals and between meals. He hasn't been exercising because he hurt his leg in March. And he still didn't gain a single ounce!

I, on the other hand, exercise 7 days a week (aerobics 3 days, weight lifting 2 days, and walking 2 days, with stretching exercises every day). I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks, and count my points. And after our trip to Boise, I really worked hard because I wanted to at least stay the same at the scale. I gained .6 lbs!!

It's so unfair!

I'm really not that bummed about the weight because I know I was going off my eating program, but the fact that he ate way more than me and didn't exercise and stayed the same really frosts me! I must have the metabolism of a slug. . .or worse. All that yo-yo dieting is coming back to haunt me, I guess.

Ah, well, there's always next week.

gonzostar 05-16-2003 07:15 PM

i know EXACTLY how you feel. david has weighed 170 since last august. no matter what he eats. ever. he eats twice as much as me and doesn't work out. his metabolism is really fast -- and he's always warm from it. my personal heating blanket.

it is really frustrating and IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

we just have to work with what we've been dealt.

missaprylj 05-17-2003 12:14 AM

No doubt. I think that sucks. One of my best friends (the one who has room in a "size 0") eats and eats and eats and doesn't play any sports or ever work out. I can't stand it! I keep telling her that someday her metabolism is going to slow down and she'll be asking ME for diet tips, lmao. -Apryl

rochemist 05-17-2003 10:13 AM

Men and Women are Just Different

In the big scheme of things 0.6 lbs is a very small amount and might be due to water retention.

One thing I think as dieters we need to do is quit comparing ourselves to others. Men have more lean muscle mass that advantage is theirs. They can lose weight faster with less work and it totally sucks. My DH hubby has lost 12 lbs. How? He eats a large carmelicious and bagel with cream cheese for breakfast. Then he eats again when he comes home. Excercise? Him never.

The skinny's that eat crap and do not excercise are skinny fat. Do you really want to be that soft? I worked with a skinny fat girl who barely had enough upper body strength to open the mill doors(the building has a vaccuum for food safety purposes).

Let's try to monitor our progress by the car were in and not covet what other guy is driving.

Off my soap box.
Miss Chris

BA99TJ 05-19-2003 09:26 AM

Yes - please remember that men ARE very different than women. Men can safely lose up to 3 lbs of fat a week, we can only lose 2.

Men can have a MUCH lower healthy body fat % than us women too. It's just the way we're made.

I agree though - IT SUCKS. But I just try to comfort myself with the cold hard truth that I am not a man, and that's just the way it is. :)

Jennelle 05-19-2003 11:48 AM

I've been trying to find a good place to post how I'm feeling this morning without starting a new thread, and I think this is the place.

I gained 4 lbs. this week. I'm not terribly surprised, but I didn't think it would be such a big gain. Then I looked back in my journal. Wow. For the week, I am 60 Points over - that's something like 3600 calories - or an average of 8.5 Points over per day. (I actually hit my Points goal two of the seven days.) I only exercised on Monday and Wednesday. I barely got my water in every day. So, it's no wonder I gained. And I am ANGRY! :mad: But the reason I'm angry has changed.

It used to be that I was angry because it wasn't fair that chunky men could be considered sexy but chunky women weren't given a second glance. It used to be that I was angry because I had to watch every single bite that went in my mouth but had a co-worker who was literally a size 0 who ate like a trucker. It used to be that I was angry because I had to work twice as hard to lose half the weight.

But this morning, I'm angry with myself - not the rest of the world. This weight gain? IT'S MY FAULT!! No one elses. No one forced me to eat that second hunk (because slice just doesn't describe the size of this baby!) of my daughter's birthday cake. No one else made the decision to just go on and eat four slices of pepperoni pizza instead of the WW pizza that I specifically bought for the occassion because I was over Points anyway. No one else made the decision to keep my fat *** on the couch watching reruns instead of going to the gym. All those decisions were made by me. They are my sole responsibility.

So today, my anger motivates me. I can either sit here and make pitiful excuses to myself, or I can value myself and live up to my self-promises.

Stepping off :soap: now...