Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Jolly, you're going through a lot and dieting at the same time. I feel for you. My circumstances weren't the same, but the time did come where I was asking myself the same questions in terms of whether or not I'd be happier just being alone. The only thing I wish I had pushed harder for was to get some couples counseling. But I imagine that the end result would have been the same for me. Hope that you're able to find some inner peace.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #272  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Hi ladies!!!!!!! Hope to hear from everyone, I know the thread has died down. Well tomorrow was supposed to be THE DAY - my 23rd birthday, to be 299.9 lbs, but life's been "complicated" and I know the best thing to do is move on and start the new year of my life fresh and fit by 24 right? It's a good opportunity for a new goal in light of the ones I've failed at . I weighed myself for the first time in weeks and weeks and was shocked shocked shocked I was still 317.... even after pigging out at the drive in last night! In the grand scheme of losing 150+ lbs, I've maintained for a good month or two without trying so it's a nice feeling and if I try 17 lbs could be off before end of June I'm sure. Husband and I have had a rough time but I've been doing my best to keep my head on straight about it and remember that good things require work.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:13 AM   #273  

S/C/G: HW~330 CW~291.4 GW~285

Height: 5'4

How is everyone here doing?
Old 05-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #274  

Hi Just B. Glad to see that someone else is checking in periodically. Things here are doing fine except for having some binging issues. Physically I'm feeling the best I have in months. Mentally, I'm tired of working on this and am no where close to where I need to be. So, I need an attitude adjustment!
Old 05-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #275  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Hi All!!

Sorry I haven't been checking in. Life has been life and I've been busy stressed. I finished with my exercise program and have only made it to the gym twice since we finished. So next week I concentrate on getting back to the gym and getting to aquafit.

In working with my wellness coach I have been doing lots of changes and trying new things. I'm feel better, less stressed, more happy and open. I'm starting a cleanse today. I've been on 4 days of elimination and I now know that bread makes me sick. I hate that.

So I'm getting on track with the eating and next week back with the exercise. My head space is really good. So I'll keep checking in.

Sunday - I'm very sorry about your friend.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #276  
Patience & Tenacity

S/C/G: 386/T/154

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! Late to this thread - but I'm working my way out of the 300s too.

Last year in June for about a week I was in twoderville! 297.6 was my lowest. This milestone coincided with huge increase in workplace stress and BAM! I was struggling to stay on plan.

Over the last year, I've gone up and down with my biggest regain being 27.6 lbs. I've had a lot of do-over attempts this year but I finally am ready this time.

12.5 lbs to get to 299.9..

I'm trying to mentally adjust. I'm one of those who will have an identity crisis when I hit goal. I've been in the 300s for well over a decade. Right I'm telling myself that 200s is still a big girl. Doesn't help with the overall problem, but it works for now.

And it's so weird that over the last year, I went from thinking I looked great (and I did look better after losing 88 lbs) to thinking I'm big and gross again at only 15 lbs heavier.

Perception is everything. I'm always shocked when I fit into the clothes I wore last spring cuz in my head I'm fatter even tho I'm not really. Does this make sense to anyone?

Last edited by FrecklesTX; 05-26-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I weighed in at 308 this morning and am trying my hardest to get out of the 300s! (As my reward I get to go to the movies. :])
I remember being 246 a year or so ago... I was depressed just from being that weight... Now I've really got a journey ahead of me.. -_-
I also will most likely be someone who has an identity crisis at goal. I've been fat all my life, aside from when I was 12/13 and had an eating disorder. It will be hard to think of myself as not fat. It'll be better than actually being fat though.

Last edited by alyssarof2012; 05-26-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #278  

S/C/G: HW~330 CW~291.4 GW~285

Height: 5'4

I have been overweight as long as I can remember. Even as an elementary aged child I was fat. I am not sure what will happen when I get to goal.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #279  

I'm just looking forward to my ticker moving down. When I weighed in this morning it was roughly the same as back in April when I was here last. I know it's been up since then and now it's going down again and I"m glad for that.

I've been overweight my entire life, it's just how I was made I guess. In my teens my Dad put me on diets so I think that screwed up my eating because when I left home I never dieted again and never wanted to. I guess it was my way of regaining control too bad it wasn't the right way to be. So now I struggle.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #280  

This discussion on body image now and what we think it will be when we get to goal is so interesting. My problem is that right now I think I look fine -- mentally that is. Then I walk by a long mirror and get shocked. I realized the other day that all the mirrors in the part of the house where I actually live only show from the chest up. The full length mirrors are in the two guest bedrooms which don't get used much.

My fear with my goal weight is that with clothes on I'll look fine -- I'm much older than most of you so my expectations are probably not as stringent. But I imagine that all that skin is going to be hard to deal with as the last time I was at my goal weight was in my 20s -- 40 years ago!

Of course, maybe I'll just be happy to feel a lot better, move more easily, and have done something that for the first time in my life is just for me.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #281  
Patience & Tenacity

S/C/G: 386/T/154

Height: 5'6"

Nice to know that others are in the same boat as me regarding identity and being a normal weight.

I think my year-long stall was me mentally adjusting to the current state of my body. I hadn't lost that much weight since I was 18/19 and lost 100 lbs...

I'm nervous I'll self-sabotage again when I get in lower 200s. Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with that?

I don't think I want to go as far as therapy yet...but even a blog about how someone who lost a lot of weight dealt with identity and that whole transistion.

Last edited by FrecklesTX; 05-27-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #282  

One of things for my success the first time I lost weight and was at it for a good long time was to journal and keep a positive frame of mind. It was definitely the fake it till you make. Once I actually started feeling good it was just easy. My roadblock was major stress and upheaval in my life and here I am four years later at my highest weight ever and struggling.

It's taken a lot of working on myself to get here again. I lost my spirituality along with it and well I'm learning to find faith in in something again, I'm not a religious or even god person right now but I'm find books to read on faith and living for me and for now. It's really helping me find peace with myself.

I worked with my trainer it was a program through the clinic, once the eight weeks was up I only went another 2 times and not here I am another month later. I think we start up in June again and I think I need that as well.

This cleanse I started with a group my wellness coach organized is helping me a lot. I told myself it was only 7 days, today is day 3. Before I started there was no way I was going to do it but I had to do it for me. Jumpstarts are what get me going and I need several of them before I'm on the long and narrow.

I'm like others and I don't feel like I look big but when I look in the mirror I can see it. I'm about 5'7" and put on weight all over, so maybe that has something to do with it.

It wasn't until this past winter that I started really feeling the weight. In my aches and pains. I kept thinking because I was getting older. I just turned 38 recently and well I don't think I should be feeling aches and pains this early. Since starting this cleanse I'm feeling hardly any aches and pains and I think it's inflammation.

To be honest I'm not really doing full on cleanse. Not juicing it. I have this lemon elixir, a smoothie for breakfast, fruit for snack, a salad for lunch and base my dinner on a veggie dish and add in protein where I need it, some chicken, turkey, fish or eggs. I'm starting to feel wonderful. I'm not sure what I'll do when I have to start adding in the grains and dairy again.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #283  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I also am one who has no idea what I'll even look like at a reasonable weight. Been overweight my whole life.

I do love being able to move more and go hiking now. Can't wait to be hauling less weight up the mountain!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #284  

Mentally, I'm not in the game right now. I've been recording what I'm SUPPOSED to eat, but then have been sneaking things in. This has been going on for two months.

The funny thing is that when I was going through some serious health issues, I was able to stick to plan. But now that I'm feeling so much better and able to do so much more, I am really having trouble.

So, I need to recommit and just focus on one day instead of getting out of the 300s. Right now, I'll be happy if I can string two days together of sticking to plan.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #285  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I am late to the thread, but I have been reading and catching up, and it all sounds so familiar!

I was not overweight all of my life, even though my parents told me I was and treated me like I was, but looking back at pictures, it was not until after my second daughter was born that I really started putting pounds on. Sure before that I was in no way "skinny", I had curves, but they were in all the right places! HAHA.

I was only in the 300 club for a short while, but my time there sucked, so I can relate with aches and pains, and feeling older and creakier than I should. At almost 40, with three grown kids 22,19,15 I figured that it was time to live for me. Not for them (as much) and part of that was getting healthy.

I am out of the 300 club for good, but feel a genuine kinship with those who have or are currently there

I cannot begin to imagine what I am going to feel like when I get to goal, or even close, because oddly enough I am having more aches and pains now, than I was 40 lbs ago...whats up with that?
Closed Thread