Old 02-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #1  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Default Juice/ers/ing

So, I've been salivating over a juicer, I really want one. Finally the male type nudged me into slapping down the cash for one. Anyway, does anyone else use these? I played with it a bit today, tossed in some, on the verge of being to wilty for salad, red cabbage, some oranges, celery and carrots. Juice was yummy and the pulp is going to be tossed into a tofu/veggie stir fry tonight for an extra fiber boost.

Gimme some recipes, we're going to the Farmer's Market Tuesday after an appointment. I'm really looking forward to playing with the new toy, and I'm a huge fan of a once in awhile cleansing fast so this should come in handy for that.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

I just bought one and I love it!!! Need to head out to the natural market to buy some more good stuff to put into it.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #3  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Pears, apples, and carrots is my favorite combination.
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: S/C/G 290/Ticker/150

Height: 5'7

I love kale, celery, spinach, apple strawberry. or some variation of that.

I like to use juicing as a way to get more veggies in, especially the ones I dont like to eat regularly. I always try to add more veggie than fruit so im not just drinking fruit juice (which would obviously be delicious). I find apples are a great base for pretty much anything b/c they are sweet and pretty juicy!

Have fun & let us know how youre juicing goes
ASaladandaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/187/145

Height: 5.6

I just completed a 60 day juice fast and I have been back to solids for 6 days ....my favorite juice is 4 carrot 2 red delicious apple and one piece (1 inch)of ginger ...yummy
Bree 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #6  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

There is a 3FC thread on the whole foods topic with TONS of great recipes! I have been juicing spinach, pear, apple and kale for my morning drink. I've also tried chard, cucumber, ginger, lemon, red cabbage, carrots. I won't use beets (too much sugar - I can't handle it).

There are lots of good recipes out there. A few good pointers would be to always core apples (the seeds can be toxic if juiced), buy organic whenever possible, wash produce very well before juicing, don't juice the carrot tops (can make you sick).
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #7  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I'm a juicer, too! Love it! I start almost every morning off that way. I second what the others say about balancing fruits and veggies. You'll learn which things make more juice. I've found carrots, cucumbers and celery make a lot of juice and then I add fruit to round it out and make it taste a little sweeter. I love the color of blood oranges. I use apples and (regular) oranges as my "base" and then add "fun" fruits to it based on what's on sale or I have a taste for.

I was worried that the juice would be too sweet and start me off on a blood sugar roller coaster ride for the day, but it really doesn't. I feel so much better on the days that I have it. I'm not sure that I would do a complete juice fast, but I definitely like it first thing when I wake up.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 272/226/160

Height: 5'4''

my favorite drink so far consist of
2 carrots
2 pears
1 lime
1 lemon
1 orange
2 inches of ginger root

taste mostly like a carrot orange juice and its GREAT! had it all day yesterday!
and im on day 10 of 30 of my juice fasting and im doing great. since i started juicing i lost 15 lbs. its just fantastic and im slowly weening off my medications and getting my body to work out its own kinks!

i have many recipes and i found them all online and write them down as i find them! and thanks to juicing i love vegetables now that i thought i would never even like!

let us know how it goes for you and definitively google " juicing recipes" or something in that nature. there are BUNCH of websites and forums and videos on youtube! its great
omgsasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 272/226/160

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree 26 View Post
I just completed a 60 day juice fast and I have been back to solids for 6 days ....my favorite juice is 4 carrot 2 red delicious apple and one piece (1 inch)of ginger ...yummy
wow 60 days! thats amazing! how do u feel going back to solids? and how much did you lose being on it?
omgsasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 234/187/145

Height: 5.6

omgsasha I lost 41 pounds in 60 days ...I feel awesome ...I have been eating fruit and veggie and just reintroduced eggs ...so far so good
Bree 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #11  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

I do not juice all the time, but I do love it. I went on a 30 day juice only and loved the way I felt at the end of it. You can get allot of recipes if you google "The fat sick and nearly dead" This guy did a documentary on his juice fast to lose a bunch of weight. He did it for 60 days. there are allot of recipes on that one.
Great ideas reusing the pulp like that. I was just giving my to a friend for her little piggies to eat.
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote