Just a good laugh

• This is the signature file of a friend @ another board I post on:

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake...

This sooooooo describes the old me. Or how I could be if/when there is chocolate cake w/chocolate frosting around. Thought you's guys would get a kick out if it too.

Anyone else here walk a thin line sometimes? What's your trigger food & how do you deal?
  • Ha ha ha! I love it!

I think anything sweet is a trigger food.
  • Captain Crunch Cereal
    Cookies... any type. Even burnt ones!

Deal with it? Never. I just keep them out of the house.
  • For me it's not so much a trigger food, as trigger times. Mid-afternoon around 3:00 p.m. is one, but the biggest one is at night after the kids are in bed and I feel the need to reward myself for making it through the day (6 kids and DH on the road) by sitting down with a huge snack (my favorite was a BIG bowl of ice cream!)
  • jessica. EXACTLY.

the cereal fo rme is cinnamon toast crunch. though i'll eat most any kind.

the cookies... particularly oatmeal or choc chip, but i'll eat any kind. and i can eat like 5 or 6 cookies at a time. no good.

i just don't buy them. i can't handle it yet.
  • I totally understand that quote!!! Ahhh!! I'd say my trigger foods are totally ice cream, breakfast cereal (that tends to be a popular one, huh? I thought I was the only one!) and also, cookies. So, I guess the usuals, LOL.... I control them by A) not buying yummy sugary cereal B) not buying cookies, but baking them every other/every 3 months or so.... ice cream still needs to be worked on, LOL... my dad loves it! Ahhh! Have a great night. -Apryl
  • How true! It really IS true for me. There are times that I have sedated myself with food but I don't think it is really about the food. I don't really know what it is about though. It could be a nasty remark that someone has made or boredom or disappointment or celebration or the fact that I enjoy food. I don't know. My triggers? Sweets mostly.
  • I've started buying no-sugar-added ice cream - that way it counts as a balanced food (protein/carb balance) so I don't have to penalize myself for it - my favorite is Edy's brand.

I also got rid of all the bad sugar cereals - I LOVE fibre one which is just sweet enough and soooo good for your digestive system. (and I'm not a big Kashi fan - I love this stuff though!)

My weaknesses are chip type foods - like doritos. I can also have cheese binges... and choclate - and ice cream sandwhiches!

I buy only "hard" cookies as I can't resist soft chewy ones and oreos/creme filled sandwhich cookies. Did you hear about the guy in California trying to ban Oreo cookies???

My binges usually happen when I eat too many carbs at once. Once I start its hard to stop.

My BIGGEST Weakness is cake from Costco (a wholesale club). Its this amazing cake with creme frosting... Ohhhhh man. Once I start I could probably eat half the cake!!
  • I'm a chip junkie. I thought I had it made when I found reduced fat cheese curls. After hitting the bottom of the bag within 3 hours of purchase, I realized that they could not enter my apartment ever again!
  • Same here, Amy! I just cannot stop when it comes to chips. I found out quick that even tho I got Fat Free Pringles and salsa, it's still bad if I eat the whole thing in one sitting!
  • Sometimes chips, Krispy Kreme doughnuts (if you've ever had these you know what I'm talking about. The best douhgnuts pretty much right out of the fryer and glazed right in front of you. Sometimes you can get them still warm...Mmmmmmmm) and Costco Cheesecake (that's my favorite) But then again I'll eat any cheescake.

Can't have these things in the house, although my sister did bring over a dozen doughnuts. Thank god they were a little stale. I can usually limit my intake of chips, as long as I keep it strctly to the fat free pringles.