I've discovered a great grocery store

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I don't think this is considered advertising because I don't have any personal gain, but I went to Trader Joe's today and got some wonderful stuff. I'd seen a list on another forum and decided to try some of the things people suggested. For people on WW, it's very low points. For dinner tonight I had 2 chicken fajitas w/ tortillas, 4 veggie potstickers with 1/8 c. Thai peanut sauce and roasted French green beans. All that for 7.5 points.

I also found eggplant hummus for 0 points (for 2 Tbl.), some snack foods, 1 pt. muffins, and a bunch of other things. A woman from my WW meeting works there so I handed her a list and it was like having my own personal shopper.

Has anybody ever tried any of the Trader Joe's items? I'd never heard of Trader Joe's until I moved to Washington State--it's a nice surprise!
  • oh yes, they rock the HOUSE. the cat cookies are the best!

that sounds like an awesome dinner sheila. i'll have to check some of that stuff out and see how it pans out, calorie wise.
  • I travel 40 minutes every other week to get to TJ's. Love it!!!!
  • trader joe's is out here as well...great store.. and very nice people to deal with as well.
  • I don't think we have them on the east coast ..darn!

We are supposed to be getting a Fresh Fields near us though. I think they sell similar items.

Sherry
  • we absolutely LOVE TJ's

And suzie - they are on the east coast - I know my parents have them in PA too so you should look!!
  • I have never been to one but people on the Sommersize program talk about it. It sounds like a store with a great selection of food. There may be one in Atlanta but since I rarely go into the 'big city' I wouldn't go there anyway.
  • suzie... there's one in preakness... right on the hamburg turnpike near the wayne hills mall
  • we have em here in md/va/dc and in new england, so you should definitely give a looksee over there in NJ. trader joe's is great, the food is delicious and not expensive at all. that's all.

whole foods is also great--but not as cheap as TJ's, IMO. i shop more at whole foods/fresh fields, however b/c I live in the city, and its between home and work for me, where as TJ's is in the 'burbs.
  • Trader Joe's rocks. I love it. Where I live there's a Ralph's next door to a Trader Joe's and a Whole Foods down the street. I'm in grocery heaven!

I love Trader Joe's breaded eggplant and they have such a great supply of weird meat (like ostrich and buffalo).
  • I'm right across the street from Whole Foods, which has made my life a wonderful thing. Their prepared foods rock, I'm having the vegetarian sushi tonight. Mmmm. Trader Joe's has better prices, but is 20 minutes away, so it may as well be on Mars for this lazy girl.
  • Nope, stuck in the Midwest, nothing is near me. Sounds great, though!
  • Hi,

Thanks everyone, I'll check the website. I'm near Princeton, NJ..you think there would be one somewhere in this higlhly populated area!

Sherry
  • Don't have that here, but have something similar called Wild Oats. They're a bit pricey, though.
  • im sooo jealous, i left washington 3 years ago to go to college and i miss trader joes, anybody know of anyplace in VA that is comparable???