Old 02-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

Thumbs down Feeling Disgusting

Traveling and diets don't work, I went to Denny's yesterday while making a 600 mile drive and the thing was 1300 calories which wasn't a good choice I know but I was exhausted and ordered the same thing as my dad without thinking and then on the way back he stopped and got a pizza from the Flying J which for two pieces was 880 calories at that point it was like why not I was already over my calories with breakfast might as well just eat today and do better tomorrow. Well I wasn't ready today I guess for some reason I had a piece for lunch today also. So now I feel very yucky that is the most fat and unhealthy food I have consumed in weeks. My belly hurts, I am disappointed in my self and now I only have 600 calories to make it the rest of the day. I must do better from now on so healthy it is but now I am really craving a soda but I shall prevail. I am just venting really because I feel awful mentally and physically. Does anyone else ever just feel so disgusting after going off?
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #2  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

Height: 5'8"

Yes! When I eat unhealthy or too much my stomach yells at me and my abdomen cramps. I feel miserable for a while! Thankfully I can go back to feeling great the next day if I get right back on track
mccull83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #3  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

I do the same thing, you are not alone! I am wicked guilty of "I blew breakfast, I might as well eat whatever I want today" all the time. This past long weekend I blew it big time, thinking "Oh well, I'm snowed in, I should just eat these chips and whatever else I see." Blah, it makes me feel lousy but then I realize it's a new day and I'll just work on it from this point on. A set-back doesn't negate what you've accomplished so far, remember that!
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #4  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by <lots of us>
I am wicked guilty of "I blew breakfast, I might as well eat whatever I want today"
In the Beck Diet Solution, this is brought up with some ways to think about it:

--If you were washing your good china and dropped one, would you throw the rest of them on the floor?

--If you were driving and missed your exit, would you drive 5 more hours in the wrong direction or would you turn around?

--If you tripped on a stair, would you throw yourself down the rest of them?

I admit to having been guilty of "I blew it--guess I can't do this", but I'm working hard on replacing that with "I'll be more careful with the rest of the dishes."
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

Thanks, always nice to know your not the only one with the issue.
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethFromDayton View Post
In the Beck Diet Solution, this is brought up with some ways to think about it:

--If you were washing your good china and dropped one, would you throw the rest of them on the floor?

--If you were driving and missed your exit, would you drive 5 more hours in the wrong direction or would you turn around?

--If you tripped on a stair, would you throw yourself down the rest of them?

I admit to having been guilty of "I blew it--guess I can't do this", but I'm working hard on replacing that with "I'll be more careful with the rest of the dishes."
Oh wow. That is a super smart way to look at it! I really like that.

Dude, I have felt yuck even after a planned off plan meal. The other night I ate super lean all day to get in hot wings at game night. Counted them out carefully and measured my blue cheese dressing - enjoyed the crap out of them at the time, knowing I made space "in my plan" for them. Ugh, 25 mins later felt awful. When that happens, I really try to take some time to really reflect on how physically UNsatisfyingly they that food was- that way I can make a choice of whether those foods which are nutritionally "uninteresting" are worth the bloated calories count and my bloated midsection for hours afterward.

I think making sure you don't beat yourself up is important, as is reflecting of the choice and how it made you "feel" so you attached it in your mind.
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #7  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Like Sarah, I try to focus on how badly I feel physically after eating like that. I'm not gonna lie, I don't know that I'll ever get to the point where I don't like the taste of my old favorites. But I sure don't like the way eating some of those foods makes me feel! So I try to look at situations like that as reminders, and that helps me do a better job of keeping my head in the game and making better choices the next time.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 303/ticker/169

Height: 5'5"

Good for you for trying to get right back on track. Make sure you praise yourself for making the decision to "right the ship" so quickly.

Sometimes I feel I must be the king of talking myself into "not this time". So many of my false starts and falling off the wagon moments have started from and evolved into: "I just blew it today, I'll start again tomorrow...what's one more day?...well, I should really start on a Mon., so I'll give myself the weekend...it's been 2 weeks and I should really start again, but (insert holiday/birthday/vacation/etc...here) is coming up...where did the last year go????"

Again - GOOD FOR YOU for sticking with it!!
Fit dad 2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #9  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Oh, that Beck solution sounds wonderful! I think I'm going to have to check out the book! Is it a book?

I'd recommend taking a 30 minute walk and up you water intake for the rest of the day.

I hate when my tummy feels icky. But moreover- I hate when I feel guilty or emotionally crummy.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #10  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

There are two Beck books (plus a workbook)

The pink (original book) is The Beck Diet Solution: how to train your brain to think like a thin person. The newer book is the green book :-), the complete Beck diet for life. The Beck Diet Solution does not contain any recipes or diet plans--it's a psychological approach, not a specific eating plan and can be used with any diet at all. the complete Beck diet for life has a calorie driven exchange plan, which I'm not following, but I've still found the rest of the book very useful.

Dr Judith Beck is the daughter of Dr Aaron Beck, who was the father of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (and developed the Beck Depression Index). In these books, Dr Beck applies CBT to weight loss. For me, it's an approach that makes a lot of sense--it has been teaching me skills and behaviors and ways to think that are keeping me on track.

I don't want to be an evangelist, but I'd recommend everyone check these books out and see if they help you. No book or approach works for everyone, obviously, but many of us with weight issues have underlying food issues that it would help us to think differently about.
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote