3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   So it just dawned on me... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/275624-so-just-dawned-me.html)

Kat117 02-13-2013 12:50 PM

Good for you! Attitude is 90% of this journey!

It keeps getting more and more exciting the more you lose!

CW 198.4

Sandi 02-14-2013 01:21 PM

Congratulations!!

palomino 02-14-2013 08:30 PM

Congratulations on your success--you'll make it with that positive attitude.

I liked your examples of what the weight represents. I have three dogs and I'm almost up to a two-dog weight loss (each of my shelties weighs about 28 lbs. and I can't imagine how I was able to stagger around with one dog under each arm, so to speak).

I'm 5'7 too and my goal weight is also 160 lbs. I'm starting to have more faith every day that it's not just a fantasy this time around.

FickleHearts 02-15-2013 09:05 AM

I picked up my dog the other day and was like, I can't believe I had one of you on me. It was really an eye opener.

I've stalled a bit this week, not like a real stall just a slow down, but not letting it get me down. I am going to make it this time. I can just feel it. Plus my hubby was being crabby the other day and said he wasn't going to get excited for me until he was positive I was going to stick with this. So if anything, I'm going to keep on trucking just to prove his cranky butt wrong!!!

He's since gotten less pessimistic about things and back to his normal supportive self, but still, bad mood or not, he kinda ticked me off LOL. Anger and spite can be nice motivations in the short term! (Joking)

Congrats on your own success! I'm hoping for a whoosh fairy this weekend as I've been on antibiotics all week and they've caused a bit of havoc. I know I've lost simply because my pants are loser so I'm betting I'm retaining some water :) Now it just needs to warm back up so I can start walking again!

BeachBreeze2010 02-15-2013 04:20 PM

Yes!!! Great attitude!!

I was just thinking about this today on the treadmill. I remember when I first started and I set 100lbs as my goal. I was a size 22/24 and had lost some mobility because of a weight-related injury to my ankle. I would get discouraged a lot thinking, "Well, even after you lose 30lbs, you're still fat." I couldn't find an answer to that.

But today, I thought, I don't think I'm ever going to get all the way to 125. Ehh...it doesn't matter anymore. Why not? Because I'm already happy. (I'd like to lose another 15 or 20, but those are vanity pounds and not "life changing pounds.")

That's when the light bulb went off - losing half of your weight makes a HUGE difference in your life. I've lost 65lbs. Compared to 100, that's a bit more than half. But, I have a whole new life. You don't have to wait to get all the way there before you feel better. It's not like we wear our old bodies and then once we've done all the work, it pops off. Each time you lose 10lbs, you feel better and better. Ten pounds doesn't take that long. Hang on to your hat, sister, because this next 25% is going to ROCK YOUR WORLD!!! I can't wait to watch you do it!! :cheer2:

The answer is: Maybe, but the next 30lbs - That's all the difference. And that first 30 felt pretty darn good!! :D