3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   i need to lose a whole person! WOW (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/275506-i-need-lose-whole-person-wow.html)

Fit dad 2b 02-12-2013 01:40 AM

That's great your insurance covers some nutritionist trips! I'd love to see a post about what you learn there.

I'm new as well and need to lose a whole person too...ugh. But this site is full of great people and lots of support.

lunarsongbird 02-12-2013 09:40 AM

Hi!! Everyone gave you great advice, so I just wanted to say hello!
http://blawgirl.julieanneines.com/wp...-you-hello.jpg

charliee 02-12-2013 09:43 AM

My insurance doesn't cover a nutritionist (dietician? which ever one is the medical doctor), but I really wanted to see one, so I asked my doctor about it and she gave me a referral to one in my clinic. It cost me $50, and I basically went over my whole history of eating and weight loss talked about my goals and had her create a meal plan for me. I had also recently had a blood test, so she went over those results and put things into my meal plan that would compensate for some deficiencies.

She wanted me to come back every few weeks, but I told her that it wasn't covered for me and I wouldn't be able to afford it. She suggested that I come back every few months or whenever I felt like I needed a change or something isn't working for me.

It's not the the same as having a weekly appointment but it did put me on the right track.

allieballiebee 02-12-2013 12:03 PM

Welcome! I think that the biggest key to significant weight loss is the right mindset, and it sounds like you've got it! Stay positive and know that with time and determination, it is totally possible.

I have lost 80 lbs so far (maybe a tween?), and am just a little over halfway to my goal. If I make it down to 135 (I may stop before I get there, depending on how where I'm comfortable), I will have lost 142 lbs.

You've already gotten some great advice. I'll add my $0.02. While it's important to stick with your plan, I also think it's equally important to allow yourself a little freedom now and then. Maybe a planned "free" meal once a week like I do, or letting yourself have a dessert or fancy drink on a special occasion. When you're working to lose a large amount of weight, it's going to take a while. It should take a while, if you're doing it in a healthy manner. Being 100% strict with yourself for such an incredibly long time is, in my opinion, a recipe for disaster. Not only do you burn out on the whole diet thing (which can lead to binges or a string of "free days"), but you don't really learn how to eat for Real Life. I think that the occasional indulgences help to prepare us for maintenance mode.

Anyway, that's this my opinion! :)

Daimere 02-13-2013 08:37 AM

Welcome! You can do this! <3

MablesGirl 02-13-2013 10:43 AM

Welcome to 3FC! I love your enthusiasm. You have been given great advice. What I have finally learned are two things. 1 = don't compare yourself with others. She's losing faster than me, this girl's goal weight is lower than mine, etc. Be the best you and love yourself. 2= eating something high calorie is a blip on the radar, and not a reason to beat yourself up.
If I had BELIEVED these things 3 years ago when I joined at 242 pounds, I probably would have lost 33 pounds instead of gaining 33. I'm not saying it is this site's fault, at all. I've lost count of how many times I've pigged out all weekend because I was going to "start the big diet" or "start the lifestyle change" on Monday. I'm working on my head the most right now, if you can't tell!

omgsasha 02-13-2013 11:27 AM

Elladorine- that is some great advice and ever since i read it i can honestly say that i know exactly what you mean by concentrating more on my well being than about how much weight i want to lose. it makes sense thank you very much! i have a bunch of apps im working with now on my phone and i can say for sure it helps LOADS! :) but thank you very much for all your kind words! i hope you get to your desired weight and congrats on your progress so far! sooooo awesome! :)

Tziri-wow i cant believe u have lost a whole person already! that is amazing!!!! congrats! and ive been going on threads and meeting new awesoem people like your self and im very grateful! thanks for your time on reading and replying to my post! i hope the best for you!!! :)

omgsasha 02-13-2013 11:33 AM

Fit dad 2b- HELLO! :) and yes im lucky my insurance is good! everyone always says that when i go to doctors. but the nutritionist was very helpful! he put me on a low carb diet to begin with. he said just to cut out all the stuff you know is bad and add more water and vitamins and minerals to my day and work out for at least 30 mins a day every day or 1 hour a day 5 times a week! that is where im gonna suck but im gonna do it!!!! :) thanks for taking time to reply to my post :) i hope u get all the advice and motivation you need! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we all can! :)

lunarsongbird- HII :) lol thank you for your warm welcome!

charliee- Hello! my nutritionist told me to come back weekly. and he said if i can keep it up on my own that iw ould have to come back monthly but his instuctions were very easy.. almost too easy. lol it really opened my eyes and showed me that it really isnt gonna be that hard! i hope that you can get back to her and see your progress! :)

ChickieBoom 02-13-2013 11:36 AM

Welcome OMGSasha! I know that it can seem overwhelming in the beginning but this is what I tell myself everyday...

The time is going to FLY by whether or not I'm taking care of my health and body. Time flies regardless of what you're doing. I started in June 2012 and it's already February 2013. What if I had put off my lifestyle change for another day? I wouldn't be where I am today. Where do you want to be in 3 months or 6 months or in one year? The year is going to pass anyway so you might as well stick to your goals because you will be so glad that you did.

Good luck!

omgsasha 02-13-2013 11:42 AM

allieballiebee- "I think that the biggest key to significant weight loss is the right mindset" I couldn't agree more! im happy to know that i mind is in it to win it this time! and this might sound bizarre but dont judge me... i have been doing acupuncture and i feel like it has opened up a new side of me and i can see clearly and unfuzzed my mind of some of the negative thoughts in my head telling me i couldnt do it! i love it! i feel NEW :) and i totally agree with you on having a free meal day! i already added one for tomorrow cuz me and my boyfriends anniversary annnddd its valentines day so dinner i will indulge.... JUST A LITTLE ;) hehe but thanks so much for your wonderful advice! and congrats on your awesome progress! :)

Daimere- THANK YOU SO MUCH! :) <3 you can too!

volleyballsis- thanks for the welcome! :) and i hope all the advice given here is gonna help you too! i know how it feels to feel weak and like it cannot be done and its just to hard... i just want to let you know that once you get your mind right it will all fall into place! YOU CAN DO IT!!! and no1... not even your self can keep holding you back! :) and i totally know i still do that whole "omg she is losing faster than me" deal. but i know that everyone has thier own rate of doing things and im going to do mine! im beyond excited to continue this routine and hopefully it becomes a day to day life routine! :) i cant wait to see you start believing in yourself and getting things done! need any thing please dont hesitate to contact me! i love to share some thigns im doing and maybe you would like to try!

:)

sorry for all the late responses and smiley faces. computer at home is busted and app on my phone wont let me add a post :(

omgsasha 02-13-2013 11:49 AM

ChickieBoom- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THAT! i love it and i feel that same way and i know that if i waited another day.. it would of turned into a week then into a month and i just would keep making excuses. but i have FINALLY decided that enough is enough! and i got to change before its too late and I KNOW FOR A FACT THIS TIME IS FOR REAL! :) i have such tremendous support from here and family and friends and my loving caring boyfriend and i feel great and better than ever! :) thank you again for those kind words and i cant wait to be like you in a couple months and telling people my story! and CONGRATS on your progress!its amazing!
YAY

betsy2013 02-13-2013 11:58 AM

Yes, it's always kind of a shock to learn we need to lose a person. I started at 396 and realized that I need to lose two average sized adult women! But I can't imagine how much better I'll feel once even some of this weight is off let alone getting to goal. I can already tell a big difference in how I feel.

Welcome to the forum -- it's a great place to come for support, advice, and encouragement.

omgsasha 02-13-2013 12:04 PM

betsy2013- First off i want to say CONGRATS on your 28lbs lose so far! that is GREAT! :) and second i want to say thanks for taking time to reply to my post. i can say indeed its hard to know of the weight you have to lose and seeing it as a whole but since ive been on here and people helped me with awesome advice and using them to my advantage has really helped me! its great to know that you arent alone and other people like us need the help and encouragement to do it! thanks for your wecome and i cant wait to see even more progress from you.. and my self as well :) YAY!