3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   2013/Part 1: Getting out of the 220s and 230s. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/274701-2013-part-1-getting-out-220s-230s.html)

Angihas2 02-05-2013 08:45 AM

Down 2 pounds, thank stars!!! I wish I knew why my body does a 2 lb drop then slowly fluctuates a pound up, then drops a pound below the original 2 lb drop. Like the 226 on the 31st, slowly slid back up into the 227 range for a few days, then BAM!! right down to 225. So so strange. But I know I fight for every .02 lb lost in this particular range.

Congrats Misti for getting out of the scale slump! I know you're working hard before surgery consult to make it all happen. Congrats to our other ladies and HI newcomers!!

Today is a good day, grocery shopping!! That means more veggies and fruits, its been getting slim around here. Baby has yet ANOTHER Dr appt, he's couching and its obvious wet, and his little lungs are rattling and sometimes crackling like a bowl of rice krispies, so going to have him tested for RSV and make sure its just allergies. Again. 9 months old and he's already on a daily allergy med, benedryl 4 times a day and on and off antibiotics every month. He's already had tubes, due to so many ear infections. Our pediatrician used to say my daughter had the worst allergies he'd ever seen....he's since revised that. My older kids had never been on antibiotics until we moved here, they were 5 and 3. Now they've not only been on antibiotics, they've had tubes, tonsils and adenoids removed. UGH!! My poor daughter, when her ENT took her's out, he showed them to me, she had the tonsils of a full grown man by size. No wonder she had so many difficulties. Allergy testing shows we're both allergic to 80 different pollens that are ALL right in central Arkansas, apparently the baby got my allergies. We gotta get them outta here. Then to the grocery store!!

Hope everyone has an awesome Tuesday!! A friend is bringing boxes by this afternoon so I can start packing bit by bit. There's alot we don't need out on a day to day basis that can be packed up and ready to go. (Also, I'm hoping seeing boxes being filled will help bring it home to the hubs that yes, we're really moving!)

getmydivaback3 02-05-2013 10:30 AM

237 today.

I hope I can keep moving in the right direction, the 30's have always been hard for me. Good Luck Ladies....

jenicra 02-06-2013 03:20 AM

Hi y'all! Keep up the good work. I'm back on plan and dropping water weight like mad. Life is crazy busy right now!

Misti in Seattle 02-06-2013 07:05 AM

Hello everyone! And :welcome: to the newbies and :congrat: to the new graduates, both incoming and outgoing. :)

I am weighing in at 228.0 this morning but it is early so I am hoping for it to bounce down into the 227 range! I am off work today so going for an early morning swim.

Have a good day, everyone.

purplekitten7 02-06-2013 08:07 AM

Hello, can I join in, if you'll have me? I started out on Jan 1st at 234 and then made it down to 222 before having 2 weeks AWOL with a back injury and lack of will power, and now weigh back in at 228 as of Monday, but been back on plan since then. I think I could really use the motivation and support of some lovelys in a similar situation!

elvislover324 02-06-2013 08:50 AM

Welcome, purplekitten!! This thread is the best, hope you enjoy! We all don't plan on staying long, the 2-teens is begging us to move on down! :)

Yay Misti, the scale is moving for you!! Every pound matters, we are celebrating with you!! :carrot:

getmydivaback, the 30s took forever to me too! Even when I thought I was going to get into the 20s finally, I stalled a week at 230.6. The body can be so stubborn!! :tantrum:

Hi Jennicra and Angihas2!! :wave::wave:

Bye bye 19deltawifey, we will see you on the way down! Congrats! :congrat:

Welcome sweettreat!! :welcome2:

I had surgery yesterday and am not supposed to exercise for a week, boo! So I have already done a half hour on my treadmill today. :D How can I not exercise?! I was very careful and will take it easy but I just had to do something. I had a lot of fluids pumped into me during anesthesia and my scale is freaking me out. I know I didn't gain that fast but still! Plus I have a lot of stress waiting another week for results so I have to keep busy. Going to the library now to see what good reads I can grab and then off to Panera to read and people watch, I'm looking forward to a nice morning now that yesterday is over.

Sorry if I missed anyone, that's as far as I can scroll up. Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

elvislover324 02-06-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenicra (Post 4621763)
Woohooo Elvislover - 100 pounds!!!! Plus a couple more! So impressive!

Thank you, jenicra!! It is unbelievable to me, I keep thinking I am dreaming!!

Angihas2 02-06-2013 09:09 AM

Woot!!! Congrats Deltawife!!!! I'll be seeing you on the other thread soon!

Up 1.2 pounds. Sometimes, I wanna ask a fat cell....is there some REASON you go away then inch another buddy back on before losing 2 friends? This too shall pass, it's just how my body works.

Hope everyone has an awesome Wednesday! A friends dropping her 14 mos off to play with the baby while she goes to the Dr, then we're dropping my car off at the shop. Coming back and starting the packing. Fun, fun, fun. <--total sarcasm!!! I've already told the kids, I'm starting in their rooms and anything they haven't played with or worn in at least 6 months is in a yard sale pile.

lunarsongbird 02-06-2013 09:41 AM

Morning, All! My buggy :p just seems to be getting worse. I can barely swallow this morning, but it doesn't look like strep. I have the kettle on for tea. I'm just trying to take it easy. No gym. Never in a million years would I have thought I would ever be disappointed to not be at the gym.

Allegedly my new scale is out for delivery today (or at least it has arrived in the Springs). I'm super excited! I've been feeling a bit funky without it. I like to know what is going on.

Beth- You're doing great on the Shred! Are you enjoying it? Do you feel stronger?

Misti- Sounds like a shopping spree is on order soon!!

Kaelah- GREAT loss! Fabulous work!

SweetTreat and PurpleKitten- Welcome, Welcome! It's wonderful to see new faces!!

Elvis- You take it easy! Do you have an appointment set for next week to get the results? I'm anxious for you!

Ang- I anticipate you losing lots of weight during the packing process! SOO much work!

purplekitten7 02-06-2013 09:44 AM

Thanks for the welcome! I don't plan on staying here long, the two teens are calling! But it would be nice to have some company on the way down!
I've just restarted 30DS, L1D3 will be after work today - is anyone else doing it?

getmydivaback3 02-06-2013 10:37 AM

Happy Wednesday Ladies, Scale still at 237, but it's okay I took waist measurements today and I'm down .5 so I'm happy about that.

Question....I have a hard time with bowel movements any suggestions

lunarsongbird 02-06-2013 10:41 AM

Increase the fiber- http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/t...urces-of-fiber.
Up the water.
Increase the movement (walking).
Good Earth Slimming Tea- http://shop.goodearth.com/Good-Earth...@MedicinalTeas

Misti in Seattle 02-06-2013 10:51 AM

Hello again everyone.

:woohoo: I did make it to 227! LOL eventually I will get rid of this Christmas train!!

purplekitten, :welcome: Glad you have joined us.

elvislover, thanks for the cheers! And "congrat: on passing the 100 pounds lost mark! WOW good job.

Angihaus, LOL about the pounds bringing their friends back with them. :)

lunarsongbird, hope you are feeling better soon! Take care of yourself! And LOL no more shopping sprees until after the surgery, whenever that is. This summer I bought pants in 3 sizes and am now into the smallest of those, though, so we will see how it goes. I already have a lot of smaller size blouses I bought on sale during the last spree. :)

getmydivaback -- for the BM issue, I've found that the best thing is just plain ole prunes or sipping a small glass of prune juice. Also, Plum Organic makes small "sipper" packets of different fruits and veggies, and they have one that is just prunes. It is baby food and sort of the texture of applesauce but I love them and you can carry them with you anywhere. I love the peach ones too... going to try some more.

jenicra, glad to see you still around here working toward your goal!!

Welcome to newbies I may have missed!

Greeting to all else. Have a super day.

purplekitten7 02-07-2013 05:36 AM

I had a sneaky peak at the scale this morning and it said 225 :carrot: so fingers crossed for my "official" weigh in on Monday! I'm guessing I've had my whoosh of water weight after my two weeks AWOL, but I'll take it! Completed day 3 of 30 Day Shred last night - still alive and managing to last longer during the jumping jack - I can manage all the other cardio but the jumping jacks kill me every time, managed to make it twice as long before switching to marching in place compared to the day before though so moving in the right direction!

getmydivaback3 - well done on the .5, I took my first measurements on Monday so I'm hoping I'll start to see a small difference in that too!

lunarsongbird 02-07-2013 09:08 AM

I received my new EatSmart scale in the mail yesterday and I adore it! It's sleek and this cool slate blue. Very cool. I tested it with hand weights last night and was a bit disappointed, because it seemed to be putting up a higher number then I expected....and then I realized my scale was smarter then me. I was using a 9 pound weight...NOT a 6 pound weight that I had originally thought. Hey- that's an easy mistake! LOL! :lol:

I'm going to bring the scale to the center with me on Saturday to see how it compares to the number there. I really liked what it said today. 224.6. SQUEEE! That's closer to the 2teens then not. Woohoo! I hope I can keep it up! I still feel pretty lousy, but at least my ears aren't plugged up this morning, so that must be a good sign!

ETA: Bah...My ears just plugged up again. :: sigh :: Oh well. I will see the gym again next week, it's not like it's going anywhere.