Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #31  

Lunar, your veggies look delicious!! So glad you brought them and didn't have to munch on the junk foods!

Welcome back, Garnet. We all have those weeks and they suck. But it's over and we all get back on track. I hope this week is better for you.

Welcome Natalie! This is a fun thread, I hope you participate often. Awesome work losing the 10lbs!!

So....officially...I broke the 100 mark this weigh-in!! 3FC kept rounding up last week saying I was already down 100 but I wasn't, I was at 99.4! As of today, I am down 102.4! What a journey this has been, can't wait for 5.7lbs to get to 2-teen land. I hope it will happen by the end of the month. HAPPY DAY!!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #32  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Oh goodness, I appreciate the replies!

I honestly never thought I could be the type of person that could get up and speak in front of people. But health, fitness, and weight loss is something I've been feeling increasingly passionate about, and it felt great to connect with people at the meeting, to share the hope with them that we can all reach our goals. We just need to arm ourselves with knowledge and do everything we can to set ourselves up for success.

I used to feel horribly and utterly trapped; being overweight by 200+ pounds really takes a toll on one's body! I used to be bitter that I couldn't eat "like everyone else," believing that since I wasn't naturally blessed with a supposedly thin frame I'd be forever miserable. It took a long time to turn that around and give myself the power to heal, to realize that I had to look within. I hope I can help everyone see that they have that power too, if they just make up their minds to try. I still have a long way before I get anywhere near my goal but the difference I feel in even just the last 20 pounds lost is amazing.

I did my second (technically third) day of C25K training with my husband this morning. I did not want to get up (it was 5:30, man!) and I still carried that silly, lingering doubt of whether or not I could get through it, but you know what? I did it. And once again, I didn't die. It was yet another reminder that for me, starting is the hardest part of anything. My husband mentioned that once we "graduate" the program, we should look for a place where we could run with our dogs unleashed, which sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm excited, we got new bedroom furniture this weekend, and I finally have a bedroom mirror again; I haven't had a proper dresser and mirror since way back when I still lived with my dad! And oh goody, I've got another place to take mirror pics.

Bleh, I still have a lot of cleaning and reorganizing to do because of the new furniture. My dining room is kind of in shambles right now since we had to clear so much stuff out of the bedroom, which made me grouchy at dinner time last night. We're supposed to go look for a new shelf later today and my bedroom vanity will be arriving next weekend (was supposed to this weekend but it didn't arrive with everything else). We haven't been in the new place for quite a year yet but everything is coming along nicely.

I'm slightly anxious to see the scale on Wednesday night, as I'm hoping to at least be back at 221 again. We'll see what happens. Aside from a minor slip-up on Saturday (should have looked up a side before I ate it!) I've stayed on plan very well.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Let's have a strong week.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #33  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Elvis- WOOHOOOO!!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #34  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
So....officially...I broke the 100 mark this weigh-in!!
Magnificent number!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #35  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
So....officially...I broke the 100 mark this weigh-in!! HAPPY DAY!!

YEESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #36  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Way to go elvislover324! How wonderful to see that drop and all your hard work paying off!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #37  

You ladies are so sweet!! I texted my husband when I left my doctors and then raced home to update all of you.

I love the bond that we all have here, encouraging each other and helping each other. I couldn't have done this without all of you.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #38  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

elvislover!!! WOooooooooooooooooooHOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!!!! Job well done lady!!!

lunar...I think our scales are having a love affair on the side, they're so eerily close. I've bumped back up almost a full pound! I was so stoked at the 15 lb loss last month, I'm back on plan and pushing water! I was looking at some pics of the summer hubs and I met, which was 2010 and was amazed at how different my face and neck and arms looked, especially since I wasn't skinny posing, to emphasize the loss. Just out and about pics, then realized up a pound or not, my collarbones are finally reshowing, I can feel them and I've noticed the hubs is spending more time touching as more becomes apparent. It's a subconcious thing while we're watching tv, but something he hadn't done in a while, so it's nice to know he's noticed, even if he doesn't even realize he's noticed. Goofy male creatures.

Garnet - I think we all battle that mindset sometimes, "I've been busting my butt for weeks/months/years, by ****, I'm taking a mental break from changing my life". Good for you for getting right home and back on the wagon. I think even maintainers take a bit of a break on vacations (I think you were away for work though) with the mindset they'll need to tighten the belts and up the movement when they get home. Don't sweat a week when you've already got so much other healthy things in the plus column.

Last edited by Angihas2; 02-04-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 279/260/175

Height: 5'9

238 This Morning. This Week I'm Going To Work Hard There's So Much Inspiration Around Here. I'm Going To Get At Least 30-45 Min Workout In Daily And Eat On Plan.

Good Luck Ladies. Lets Push Each Other This Week
Old 02-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #40  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Woohooo Elvislover - 100 pounds!!!! Plus a couple more! So impressive!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #41  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody

Crazy crazy crazy, I am still stuck right here... seems hopelessly so! But crazy crazy crazy... my clothes keep getting bigger on me. My size 18 pants.. which I could not wear... are now getting loose on me, but my weight stays the same. But I have kind of learned to deal with it, and eventually the scale HAS to move again!!!

Come ON, scale!!

Have a super week, everyone.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #42  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

My scale is not cooperating--I'm up a little bit.

I know I'm eating to plan. Even with allowing myself an ice cream treat last night (purchased one serving size!) I was under my calorie allotment. I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would, so that's good information to know. I savored every bite, but it wasn't as much a "treat" as I thought it would be, even though I'd been thinking about it for a couple of days. I probably won't eat the second single serving I bought--DH or DS can have it.

This is my 5th day of the 30 Day Shred. Worked out before work again--that's a big deal for me. By the end of the week, it'll be a habit.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #43  

Height: 5'8.5"

Yayyyy I lost a pound finally. It just HAD to happen woohooo
Old 02-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #44  
Ready for a smaller me.

S/C/G: 255/221/150

Height: 5'2

Good morning ladies! I finally broke out of 229 and weighed 226.9 this morning. Very happy about that number. I hope everyone has a good weigh in, stays on plan, and enjoys a good sweat today! Let's get out of this thread!

Last edited by kaelah; 02-05-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #45  
Onederland Bound!

S/C/G: 254/Ticker/200

Height: 5'3

Hello everyone, hope I'm not too late in joining the party! I'm at 235.8 right now, so stuck midway between that dreaded 240 I don't want to see again and that 220 I just wanna jump on! At the rate I've been losing (very slow and steady) I hope to only be in the mid 220's by March!
Closed Thread