Old 03-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #1  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Default Where is your new territory?

What weight are you really looking forward to because you haven't seen in it many years? Or perhaps you don't ever remember seeing it?

Where do you step over in uncharted territory? Are you nervous? excited? When you do you think you will get there? Do you think you will feel like a new person?

Also- Do you believe in "set points?" Do you think it will be difficult for you to push past this number?

What's the lowest you ever remember being in your adult life?

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 03-18-2013 at 10:06 AM.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/170

Height: 5'10

I'm excited to be under 15 stone/210lbs. I've always been somewhat overweight even as a child, and I'm pretty sure that even by my early-mid teens I was this weight or heavier. Since then my weight has mostly gone up, and I'm almost certain I've never been below about 17/18 stone in the last few years.

It is quite nerve racking. As an adult, I've never been a healthy weight. I don't even know what that would feel/look like on me!
terichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #3  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

For the majority of my adult life, my body has been able to maintain 175 pretty effortlessly. Yes, it's still "overweight," but geeze- I'd take it now! LOL.
I was at 179 shortly before having ovarian surgery in 2009. Life has been an emotional and hormonal roller coaster ever since.

I do think that 175 might be a bit of a set point for me. I anticipate having to shake things up quite a bit to move past.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #4  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

I would say 175 is a weight I am looking forward to.....I was there about 5 years ago, that weight lasted about a year before I started packing the pounds on. I expect to plateau or stall at that weight as well, I seem to do that at certain setpoints or weights I was previously.

Unchartered territory for me would be anything past that point. 160 would be a weight I haven't seen since senior year in high school, which was years ago I'll be both nervous and excited once I get past 175 because I haven't been past that my whole adult life and it will totally be new to me. I guess I'm fearful of self-sabotaging myself when I get past 175 because of sub-consciously knowing I'm at a previous goal weight. I will definitely have to be aware if that starts to happen and don't become lax in watching my food intake.

But, I've gotten way farther than I ever thought I would since I started doing this January 4, 2012. I remember when I started how I would absolutely love to be at 220 again but at the time it seemed like such a far off dream, impossible actually. I have proved to myself that I could do it and then some! This whole journey has in reality been unchartered territory for me as I have never lost this much weight or stuck with it as long as I have.

As for unchartered territory......I love exploring and discovering new places!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #5  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

New territory for me would be being thin enough to be well into the 'not plus size' territory and feeling really good when I see myself in the mirror. Right now I'm skating on the edge. It would be being faster and stronger.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #6  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

In 2006, I got down to somewhere in the 190s. (I wasn't weighing often so I don't know a specific number.) So when I get there again (SOON!) I'm going to be entering unchartered territory. Honestly, I'm a bit nervous. This is when things got hard before (plateauing, losing motivation, etc.) so I'm mentally preparing myself for that to happen again and strategizing how to break through. I have no memory of ever being in the 180s (maybe in high school? or junior high?). I'm really curious what it's like down there.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #7  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

I lost over 100 pounds as a teenager and got down to 145, but by the time I met my husband when I was sixteen I had gained 20 pounds and was up to 165, then I slowly gained another 20 pounds up to 185, and then HUGE MASSIVE GAINS when I was 18.5 up to 252.

I was SUPER excited to get out of the 250's - I got down to 210 for my wedding in 2007, but other than that I've been pretty consistently weighing in around 252 for the last seven years. I don't know what I consider 'new territory' since I was pretty close to goal at one point, but I'll be super stoked to hit both my wedding weight and then 165 - haven't been there since I moved in with my husband eight years ago!
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'2

-I am really looking forward to being 140 ( a number I think I skipped completely lol) Once I got into high school I was suddenly 150 with wide hips and big butt. I got married and over the span of four years I went from 150 to 180 0_0

-Uncharted territory for me is actually sticking to something I try. For me it's been the bead diet, I dropped weight quickly and was shocked that I was actually sticking to what I was trying. It's such a bizarre feeling for me. It is also going to be shopping without feeling self-conscious about my hips and weight overall. I'm super excited about walking into a store and not be afraid to try on clothes.

-My set point will probably be 150. I remember trying to work out and eat right so that I could get under this number and it NEVER happened. It will be difficult but definitely possible.
UrbanHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 277/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm currently sailing in uncharted territory (onederland), and loving every minute of it! During my post-college and early-marriage years, my weight hovered between 260 and 270. In 2005, I got down to 215, but got complacent (lazy) and gained it all back...and then some. For a long time, I figured that my set point was 260 -- Every time I started a new diet, I'd lose about 10 lbs, getting into the low 260s, and then just stop and gain it back.

Right now, I'm in the 180s and probably as small as I was during my senior year of high school. I still have a way to go to get to my goal weight, but I'm really enjoying the journey!
allieballiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

What weight are you really looking forward to because you haven't seen in it many years? Or perhaps you don't ever remember seeing it?
I was looking through my medical records, and 174 is a weight they have been down at 15. I cant really even wrap my head around 170s at all. That will be a pretty big deal, for me.
Where do you step over in uncharted territory? Are you nervous? excited? When you do you think you will get there? Do you think you will feel like a new person?
215 was uncharted for sure. A new person? I don't think I believe in that. I've always been a bit ticked off when people say "you dont even look like the same person" to people who have lost weight. I always think to myself, "then you just never looked very closely." Im sure there is some underlying philosophical thing going on there.
Do you believe in "set points?" Do you think it will be difficult for you to push past this number?
I believe that the human body likes to have a "normal" spot - and that spot can be changed but until then the body will try to stay there. I'm not concerned about that though. I theorize that there exists a life/personality/body "set weight," a weight that, given the healthier consistant way of life that one's body will stay around. Total unsupported opinion though.
What's the lowest you ever remember being in your adult life?
Adult is, say 18? Before starting to lose weight a few months ago, 222.
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #11  
fatty

S/C/G: 272/202.8/119

Height: 5'7

I would love to not see 2 anything on the scale. I know once I get to onederland, i need to continue to reach my ultimate goal, but to say i weigh 1 something is something i havent done since 2008.
destyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #12  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

It was always a struggle for me to stay anywhere below 250, even way back in high school. Only twice before did I manage to get down to the 220 range, once through prescription diet pills, once by starving myself. I often felt it simply wasn't possible for me to get under 250 without resorting to extreme, unhealthy measures.

So once I'd realized that my weight had climbed up to its highest of 360, what I kept saying was at the very least, I deserved to get back down to 250 again. Even if I could never get under, I knew I'd be better off. And it took forever to get there! I maintained at 285 for years, then I lingered around 250-260 for years more.

I've been extra determined this past year. My uncharted territory is below 220, and reaching it has been extra sweet due to the fact that I've done it in a healthy way. No extreme crash diets, no diet pills. I'm 37 and I literally haven't been under 220 since junior high!

I've enjoyed being here for about a month, and hope to be under 200 by the summer.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

Under 200 is what is uncharted territory, I haven't seen that in nine years "since before my first baby". I'm not nervous really curious to see how it feels to reach that low. I don't know when I will get there "estimating june or july at current rate" I won't be a new me just a smaller me. I am not my scale number "I tell myself that alot" I am just really excited to be sticking with something "I'm not great at sticking". I don't do exact"set points" life is to chaotic for me to, I will get there when it happens I have my final goal though and everything in between is just a rest stop on the highway of fat loss. I have been in the 250's so long I dont really remember any other weight. Though I know I didn't always weigh that.

Last edited by Thinforme; 03-18-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #14  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Uncharted territory? Anything below 145. I believe 145lbs is a stopping point for my body.

Set point? 175lbs. It's a weight I find easy to maintain with minimal effort.

Right now I'm thrilled to be under 200 for the first time in almost 4 years.
I'm very excited to get to 175, that means I can start ttc. I worry that I'll never see 145 ever again. But according to all my calculations, if I keep up my routine, I'll hit goal by the end of 2013.
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #15  

Height: 5"6

I love this thread! For me, it's 149! I remember being 152 for a smalllll period of time (weeks!) a few years ago, and that's it! I don't think I have ever seen 152 or lower on the scale....it'd be INCREDIBLE! IT WILL BE INCREDIBLE, I should say, since I will see it THIS SUMMER!!!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote