Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 10:05 AM   #16  
Losin It For GOOD!

Apryl -
After hassling my dad about losing weight for just about forever, he finally did it himself. He's lost about 40 or so pounds at this point. I think we all come to that point someday - you just have to be patient, and not push too much. I'm really proud of him and encourage him as much as I can!
Old 05-08-2003, 08:33 PM   #17  

My husband is in shape and is never on the diet waggon. It sucks. When he is home, he eats and buys what ever he wants. The food just sits there, in front of me, and begs me to eat it, lol.

Well I can't use him as an excuse now. He is gone and I'm eating more!

O'well, I can't win for loosing.

Bella23
Old 05-08-2003, 09:57 PM   #18  

Under the category of "They Just Don't Get It..." my husband would be the king. I told him that I've lost 95 pounds as of this week. He said that when I hit the 100 mark we definitely need to go out and celebrate. I asked him what we should do and he said, " We'll go out to dinner!".
Old 05-08-2003, 11:35 PM   #19  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally posted by mthrgoos68
Under the category of "They Just Don't Get It..." my husband would be the king. I told him that I've lost 95 pounds as of this week. He said that when I hit the 100 mark we definitely need to go out and celebrate. I asked him what we should do and he said, " We'll go out to dinner!".

I have recently come to the conclusion that certain men can be soooo clueless sometimes. (Matt & Si excluded, of course)
Old 05-09-2003, 12:54 PM   #20  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

A long, long time ago when I went to WW and actually got to goal (and stayed for three months until a certain sweet surprise we eventually named Rebecca came along), we had a whole meeting on rewards. Without exception, every person in the room (and there were about 30) equated rewards with food. It's a tough association to break...in fact, my "reward" for losing each week while I was on WW the first time was to stop at the frozen yogurt stand for a small cone and not count the optional calories (this was back when WW was similar to the diabetic exchange program). It took me a long time to realize that those behaviors were what got me fat in the first place (although I would give just about anything to be 168 lbs. again!).
Old 05-09-2003, 03:18 PM   #21  

S/C/G: wtb/wtb/jr

Thumbs down

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones,my hubby John has been my insipration and my lifeline.Even at my heaviest(400+) he always found ways to make me feel like the most important woman in the world.I wish I could bottle his understanding and supportive nature and transfuse it into the less than sensable men out there.Keep reminding yourself that your worth it and leave the mighty munchers in the house by themselves and treat yourself to a walk in the beautiful outdoors!
Closed Thread