Buying same brands?

• Do you find yourself buying the same brands for foods over and over? Especially if you're a food logger? I do. Unless something is on sale and I compare the nutritional label and its exactly identical in calories/fats/carbs/protien/fiber. The only time I branch out is if I see several recommendations from people here, raving about product x. But, I gotta say, I love how easy it's made my logging.
  • Omg, yes! It's not a problem with whole foods, but all the condiments, bready stuff, yogurts, so on and so forth... If I comparison shopped for everything I'd be in the grocery store forever.

On the other hand, it really throws me through a loop if I have to shop somewhere besides my normal grocery store, lol.
  • I mostly shop at Trader Joe's or the farmer's market, so most of my groceries are Trader Joe's brand or don't have a brand. When I'm shopping at Schnuck's, I get the same few brands every time.
  • Tracking is a little more challenging for me- I'm trying to avoid packaged food entirely, at least for now.
  • I get so little packaged stuff, but what I do get, I researched and there's a REASON I get it - like Atkins high protein, 2 and 3 net gram protein bars. And Muscle Milk chocolate whey protein powder.

I buy organic milk from one store as it's the only store that sells organic milk in gallons. I make my own yogurt, breads (for the family - I don't eat it) . So, I'm easy.
  • I definitely buy the same brands over and over
  • Unfortunately, I live in the extreme sticks. Our shopping options are WalMart and local side of the road farmers. I get most of my produce from them and the occassional foray an hour away into the Farmers Market, but its just not feasible to go every week. I stay away from prepackaged box meals, but I do buy brown rice, whole wheat pastas, beans in packages. I'm ok with that. I've no interest in learning to make my own or ordering it online.
  • I buy the same things over and over and over again, because I do a lot better without a ton of variety. Sometimes I think eating is like a drug addiction for me. If I was a heroin addict and wanted to stop, I'd quit cold turkey... unfortunately I can't just stop eating so I've found that stopping the "getting high" part of eating, it's much easier to deal with. So, I have the same breakfast every morning... the same snacks morning and afternoon, and I rotate about 5 different suppers. It works for me. Maybe someday when I have a healthier relationship with food, I'll be able to introduce more variety.