Getting ready to start again

• Old timer here who hasn't been around in a while and who is too scared to get on the scale yet. I am getting myself ready to get started - logistically (clearing out the house, getting in the on plan foods I need) and more important, emotionally.

For right now, I'm going to keep reading and trying to catch up, sorta kinda (and thrilled to see many familiar names still - way to go to everyone for sticking to it, whether you've maintained or not). I have not maintained, not even close. I'm just hoping when I can finally bring myself to face the scale, I haven't gone any higher than my previous high weight.

This post is my commitment to myself that I am back in the game, even if not 100% on track right at the moment.
  • Good for you to take the first steps! That first one is always a doozy! Best of luck and keep everyone posted
  • Welcome Back! What do you still have to do to get on track?
  • Welcome back!
  • Welcome back! Best of luck to you xo
  • Thank you Trazey, lunarsongbird, Mozzy, and ataraxia!!

Quote: Welcome Back! What do you still have to do to get on track?
    That's a really good question. I think posting here was the biggest thing - making this public (so to speak) makes it more real.

The rest of it is the practical aspect - getting to the store and getting the right foods for my plan and then cooking and prepping so I've got what I need ready to go. I can get that accomplished tomorrow and then be good to go on Sunday!
  • Hi April! I think there are a lot of us "veterans" that are getting back on track. Glad to see you!
  • April- So you will jump on the scale on Sunday? Can you plan something nice and indulgent for yourself on Sunday? A nice candlelit bubble bath? A massage at a massage school? You are so much more then that number on the scale.
  • Hi, April. Welcome back. I've missed seeing your posts. January seems to be the time to kick it back in gear again, doesn't it? Good luck with getting back on plan.

Lin
  • thanks and hello Annie and Lin! It's great to see familiar "faces". And Lin, you were such an inspiration to me before, and I'm thrilled to find you still here and maintaining.

Lunarsongbird, I like the idea of a special treat to cushion the WI! lol! I actually peeked at the scale and know that I am below my last high weight. Just barely, but below. And I'm going to call that a victory of sorts, because it's better than being above my high. Lots of lost ground to make up, but on the other hand, I KNOW I can do it, and I know how. Now I just need the next piece of the puzzle - sticking with it.
  • So I'm starting off at 257, 6 lbs below the highest number I remember seeing on the scale. It's disheartening to be sure, since I actually made it into Onederland for about a week before the wheels fell off and I ended up back here despite swearing over and over that I would not let that happen.

But I am also trying to be grateful that I have found my commitment again and I'm back now, rather than when I am 6 lbs (or more!) above my prior high and have that much further to go.

I know that I know how to do this, I know that I *can* do this. Now I just need to learn how to handle it once it's done. I've got 60 lbs of weight loss time to figure that out!
  • Hi! Welcome back! So glad you posted.

You've taken great first steps. Getting the healthy food in the house and reading the materials that will help.

It's important that you 'forgive' yourself for gaining any weight back. I know (from personal experience) it's a really hard thing to do. No negativaty allowed. Really... treat yourself as kindly as you would treat a good friend.

Plan, plan and plan some more.

Glad you are back.
  • I've done the same thing, April. I got down to 149 once....and I weighed in at 242 recently. ::shrugs:: But you know what- I don't think I fully appreciated that weight loss.

You better believe that this time I am appreciating every pound lost.
  • Welcome Back, I'm back too after hitting my low of 171, in fact deleting that number in my profile and putting 255 makes me so sad! But, I'm starting over since 2010...since then I have gotten married and had a son (who is almost 4 months old)....so we've cleaned out the fridge and pantry and stocked it with our on plan items too. My husband is doing this with me and has already lost 10 lbs!!! My highest pre-preg weight was 264, starting over at 260 after losing 90+ lbs is so tough. But, now I know I can do it again! And so can you!

Best of luck to you and since we're so close on the scale I'll keep looking for you on the board!