info on amusement park rides for overweight people?

• Howdy, everyone,

Next weekend I am going to Kings Dominion amusement park in VA with my fiance, his brother, and his dad. I do not particularly want to be embarassed in front of David's family, and I'm worried that I might not fit into some of the roller coasters and other rides. I'm size 22/24 on the bottom - very pear shaped. I carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs.

Last summer I almost didn't fit into a coaster at a different park, and some guys waiting in line laughed and made fun of me. It was really humiliating, and I would hate to have that happen here, or worse, have to get off the ride because I can't fit. I met David's dad twice about nine years ago, but I know he won't remember me so it will be like a first meeting.

I'm guessing that somewhere online there is a resource with info about this, specific rides that could be problematic, but I can't find anything like it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    maisy
  • First, take your measurements around the hip and butt. Then, call the amusement park and ask them if fitting into any of the rides will be an issue. You will not be the first person to ever call with that question, so don't be embarrassed!

And you are right - better to know ahead of time. I went to the Peach Bowl last year and the seats were veeeerrrryyyy tight for me! I had HUGE bruises on my outer thighs from banging the armrests everytime I got up and down. (It was a big part of my motivation to get serious about weight loss.)