Old 01-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #61  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

I am wearing 3 1/2 inch heels today! I haven't worn heels in 7+ years!
Kat117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #62  
practicing what i teach

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 3.5"

im doing mod/dif hiking again! h*ll im able to hike at all again!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #63  
it's a fine day

S/C/G: 240/196/145

I went back into running today - I hadn't run since early December - and I was thinking I should take it easy and run about 20 minutes. So I was running and thinking and then I heard the song that marks the 35 minutes!!! I didn't even realise how time passed. It totally made my day!
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #64  

Wearing size 18W jeans today that were too snug to breathe just last week plus wore a winter coat that I couldn't fasten the 2 middle buttons on Thanksgiving, can fasten them and then some.

I went out to the store just so I could say I wore them out. Can't wait for my husband to get home to see them!

I love these threads, reading others' NSVs get me as excited about theirs as I do mine.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #65  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I'm in a 3x swimsuit and I can breathe! My watch doesn't need it's second link either! Woohoo'
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 182/154/125

Height: 5'2

Realized the scrub top I used to have to pull down a few times a night now nicely covers most of my bum.
Tenoreo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #67  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I haven't turned to emotional eating during this ridiculous stress. Instead, I told people exactly how I feel about their behaviour. So, I rocked the waves! Normally, I let it build and build and build, all while stuffing my face and then explode over something stupid, and then eat some more. This time, I merely said, "Hey you're acting like an asswipe, knock it off!". I felt better, I said what I wanted, and I didn't turned to unhealthy habits to make me feel better!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #68  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I can finally jog down the block and then some!

Since I started this journey last year I have been wanting to take up running, but I knew until I got a good chunk of weight off, that was not a possibility. Each time I attempted it I would be absolutely exhausted. I found the pain excruciating. My legs would hurt immediately, or my feet, and my lungs felt like they were on fire and I couldn't get a deep breath. Oh the joys of being overweight. I thought to myself how in the world do people do this and find it enjoyable. To me it was pure torture.

As the weight started dropping off I would occasionally attempt a small jog even if it was just going half way down the block. Nope, it was still very hard. I think a lot of it was in my mind. Looking back I'm sure I could physically do it, but my mind gave up on the idea before my body did. So I would start breathing really hard from anxiety and quit.

I started looking up breathing exercises and tips on how to get started running. I also found the C25K program which I started doing on the treadmill. This really helped me get started because it's at a slow pace. My previous attempts at jogging down the block I now realize I was going too fast too soon and not paying attention to my breathing.

So, fast forward to the past couple of days, I went out the other night (mostly so I wouldn't be seen) and I told myself to try and jog to the end of the block. My legs started to ache a little, but tolerable, breathing was still good. Before I knew it I had made it to the end of the block. I told myself now keep going and see if I can make it around to the other side of the block. I did, so I kept going. Before I knew it I had gone 1 1/2 miles! I wanted to cry I was so amazed I was able to do it. It was a small victory to me. Last night I did the same thing and kept going a bit longer, I was able to go 2 miles. I did want to quit a few times but pushed myself to keep going because I knew physically I could, but in my mind I'm still that 279lb person that wouldn't dream of walking that far, let alone jog it. I got home and just smiled to myself because little by little I'm starting to defeat those demons in my head that have always told me I can't do it. More and more I am realizing yes I can!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

It's only been a short time since I started, but I can tie my shoelaces again. Which is necessary to go to the gym! In reading through this thread, it's inspiring to see what makes us all so happy. It really is the little things that keep us going.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #70  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

I fell off the food wagon into a patch of bad goodies on Friday because I was feeling sorry for myself and in pain after oral surgery. Normally that would have turned into a non-stop binge for days.

This time I pulled up my big girl panties (well not as big anymore! haha!) and said to myself "Self.. that the heck are you doing?! Why are you throwing away all your hard work for junk food that doesn't even taste half as good as you remember it? So, your mouth hurts - eating more isn't going to make it better!"

So, I threw out the rest of the junk food and said "No more!" and I got back on my program after just a half of a day of hanging out at the pity party.

May not seem like much to others, but for me, that is part of my biggest challenge. Not to let it spiral out of control.
Kat117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #71  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angihas2 View Post
I haven't turned to emotional eating during this ridiculous stress. Instead, I told people exactly how I feel about their behaviour. So, I rocked the waves! Normally, I let it build and build and build, all while stuffing my face and then explode over something stupid, and then eat some more. This time, I merely said, "Hey you're acting like an asswipe, knock it off!". I felt better, I said what I wanted, and I didn't turned to unhealthy habits to make me feel better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat117 View Post
I fell off the food wagon into a patch of bad goodies on Friday because I was feeling sorry for myself and in pain after oral surgery. Normally that would have turned into a non-stop binge for days.

This time I pulled up my big girl panties (well not as big anymore! haha!) and said to myself "Self.. that the heck are you doing?! Why are you throwing away all your hard work for junk food that doesn't even taste half as good as you remember it? So, your mouth hurts - eating more isn't going to make it better!"

So, I threw out the rest of the junk food and said "No more!" and I got back on my program after just a half of a day of hanging out at the pity party.

May not seem like much to others, but for me, that is part of my biggest challenge. Not to let it spiral out of control.

These are HUGE non physical NSV's aren't they??? It's so awesome when you discover the power inside of you and don't have to hide behind food!

Me? I stayed on plan through both the worst PMS and the worst toothache I've ever had, even including making it to the pool every day. I didn't soothe with food for the first time in my life!!!!!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #72  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

My daughters are selling Campfire Candy. Last year I must have eaten 4-5 bottles of toffey peanuts. This year I really don't want to waste my calories on that junk. I want to lose this weight more. I will say the temptation is there when there are cases of candy in my dining room. :-)
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I actually liked the way I looked when I went grocery shopping today. I was wearing a pair of black skinny pants (that are actually a bit too large for me now) and the sweater below. That sweater just makes me grin. I very rarely buy clothing just for fun but my husband convinced me to get it. I'm glad he did!

Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #74  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

Its nice to have that feeling again. Hey I look good. :-) I had forgotten what that felt like. Enjoy it because you deserve it.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:30 AM   #75  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I ate out with the hubby. I enjoyed food I liked but made sure it was within my calories. I even treated myself to a cheddar bay biscuit. When I felt full, I stopped eating my biscuit. I also had my salad dressing on the side and saved so much dressing by just dipping my salad in the cup. I had half the salad dressing left!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote