Old 11-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #46  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Wow it is so fun seeing so many people here and so thought provoking and inspirational. My weekend consisted of eating. I know it is terrible. I just lose it sometimes. My husband bought Costco muffins then I made a Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. I did okay on the dinner but the morning muffin put me way over calories. Then this morning I had turkey, stuffing, and fluff salad. Way too much. I have got to get it together. Write more later. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #47  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

FUNKY ~ just start fresh this week. Are all the TG leftovers gone? You may have to practice measuring again for a while; eating only one plate (no seconds), and so on. What is fluff salad? Was that for BF or lunch? Maybe if you measured everything, you could have this and stay on plan too. Or, maybe you already do. Hang in there anyways ...

JUDYLYNN ~ yes, we can really relate to your post about the clothes. Oh, to not have to go through several choices before deciding what to wear. I do remember being able to do that when I was younger; would love to be there again for sure.

Also, our friend, RONNI, in another thread was mentioning how ugly the clothes are now. No kidding -- ugly colors, ugly styles, ugly shapes, ugly fit, and so on. No sleeves, no waist, no length, no midrifts -- who makes these clothes? It's like searching for a needle in a haystack to find a regular, warm cardigan; or a pair of pants that come up to your waist; or a long tunic top, or one that has sleeves. How about a dress with some length and sleeves? Oh, I shouldn't have started on this, but it irks me so ...

Quote:
... learn from the past, plan for the future, but take it one day at a time.
I like that one too. So that is the key to your family get together -- plan, plan, and plan some more. Have lots of healthy options along with other choices; heck, have mostly healthy options.

UBERGIRL ~ so you had a little coffee along with your milk, eh? I know a lady that fills her cup half full with milk or creme, then adds the coffee. How are you with 10% creme? Same issue? Maybe just go back to your low-fat or whole milk. I thought that with creme you may use less, but then maybe not ...

Yes, look for other things to do; things to distract you; other ways to soothe, and so on. Try to keep busy, busy, busy; and out of the kitchen too. I spend most of my spare time in my little PC room here -- coming on here or other favorites sites, answering emails, listening to music, journalling, reading, doing puzzles, and so on. If the weather isn't too bad, I go outside for a bit too. Anything that helps ...

dGramie ~ Good for you; you are on a roll. I am decluttering here presently too. We got lots done last week. Now I just have to tackle my PC room; we call it my office, but it's really just my own little haven. We had really warm temps here the last two days too: in the 50's F -- which is great for this time of year.

Welcome back, Martine & Kait ~ good for you both for braving this battle once again. You did it before, so you can do it again ...

We had almost all day long; didn't stop til dinnertime. Not sure how it is out there right now, but the temps have dropped back down to around 32 F or 0c. So, we just did stuff indoors today. Have almost all the fall cleaning done already; we're much faster this year.

Eating is good. Had leftover roasted chicken and veggies from yesterday; but made a nice rice-barley pilaf with spinach/veggies to go with that for tonight. I had some of my pumpkin custard for my snacks today.

Have a terrific OP Tuesday, everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-12-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:40 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi relosers...yesterday was healthy - I am always grateful for that. Goals from yesterday:
eat seated only - all but once
no seconds - all of the time
plan/measure/log - yes
exercises - yes, stretches & strengthening
slow mindful eating - some of the time (I made breakfast last for 20 minutes, yay)
read my advantages of losing weight
did my journal work
mindful of salt & drinking water - yes
leave a bite of food on my plate - yes

I took my Mom to the doctor and then for xrays. Also she neeeded an antiobiotic for something else. We should get the results later this week.

I am still thinking about my strategy for Thanksgiving weekend. It will be full of many fattening meals. I must think about how to manuver myself through the weekend healthfully. I will concentrate on family - even though I have lots of cooking to do all weekend. I must make sure that there are healthy options for me readily available or it will be to easy to lose all sense of sanity around food.
Another thing to do is - send the leftovers out the door as folks leave during the weekend.

justwant2bhealthy
- so glad your food is good! I love your 'cheerful' and helpful posts to folks. Thanks.

Hi, Losetoall, - hop right back on your plan and you will be OK.

Hi martime- welcome! - your walk sounds like a great way to start your healthy eating plan. It's nice that you have 2 weeks to really concentrate on it. Glad you posted.

ubergirl - so glad things are going well. you said: when I start paying attention to my eating is that I have to find other pleasurable things to occupy my time. Me too. As for the coffee - have you tried fat free half and half. My friend LOVES it. and it's much less in calories and a similar taste.

judylynn - I agree with you 100% ... being fat does suck! I hope you have a great time on your trip. Find things in which you'll be comfy for your trip. When the weight is gone... you can donate them to the needy, maybe.

dgdrammie - I am doing a happy dance in honor of you making it through those challenges last weekend, Carry on!

Kait WELCOME So glad you posted. The past is gone and over. Move forward to your plan again. You can do it.

Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-13-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:20 AM   #49  

Height: 5'7"

I ended up not getting much accomplished yesterday on the house but will try again today. Food was ok yesterday. I am pretty proud of eating raw veggies for dinner last night. Im trying to eat up leftovers from the relish tray. I did enjoy it!
I should keep raw veggies in the fridge at all time but I dont!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #50  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Justwant2be. I totally agree about the clothes issue. There are no waist jeans only hip jeans and I hate them because they always feel like they are falling down and I am showing my underpants. And everything is so ugly I hate it. I do not shop anyway because of money and my size but the last few years my jeans have been smaller and I have not found any that fit comfortably. So frustrating.

Dgramie. I know what you mean about the fresh veggies, I would love to have them all the time but I have to buy them in season, low cost and eat them right away or they go bad, so I am limited in my choices.

BeverlyJoy. Awesome idea about sending home the leftovers. The problem is I like not cooking for a few days so I love the leftovers for that reason. My big challenge is that I love the stuffing, I broke again and had some for breakfast after I already had breakfast. I am so bad. Another day shot well I will start again tomorrow.

I have no self control. I am not gaining with my binges just not losing and my binges are better than they used to be. I am eating more than my goal calories but I am not throwing in the towel like I used to. That is better than before and this board keeps me stay grounded.

Went out to lunch with some girls from my church yesterday. One of them just found out she has breast cancer and is going to go and have her breast removed on Friday. We just got together to wish her luck and let her know we love her. I was so full from my Thanksgiving binge breakfast that I did not eat just a diet coke so my calories stayed under control somewhat. Cancer at 36 what a nightmare.

Well love you all, have a great on plan day. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #51  
Rosebud

FUNKY ~ sent up some ^prayers^ for your friend that the surgery on Friday will go well without complications; and for peace & a quick recovery too. That was a nice thing to do for her; what good friends ...

You are making progress in your choices; I see the improvements as time goes by. With practice, these strategies do get easier as they become new, good habits. I send home pie with my guest at Christmastime. This year I am making cherry-rhubarb (one of my faves, so will have a piece); and pumpkin for DH and those who like that one.

dGramie ~ I keep baby carrots in my fridge all the time; I like to have some with lunch or to munch on when I am making dinner too.

BEVERLYJOY ~ thanks. I don't know if we can get that Fat-Free Half & Half here. I've never seen it, so I just buy the 10%, although guests use it more than I do. Sometimes, I put a little bit on DH's oatmeal too.

Had a decent day: just a few stressful moments that I managed to get through. Got lots done today -- did a lot in my PC room today (sorting and tossing); almost done. Went through DH's dresser; have to tidy it up on a regular basis. FoOod was good; had poached salmon with veggies for dinner.

Hope you all have a wonderfully OP Wednesday tomorrow; hang tough now ...
Old 11-14-2012, 06:20 AM   #52  

Hi relosers/friends - yesterday was kind of a crazy day.

We had some cleaning folks in to do our house. (A wonderful Christmas gift from my mom.) They cleaned just about every surface in our house. I am so grateful! They were here all afternoon. I really couldn't get into the kitchen to make more than almond butter toast.

By dinner time I was actually feeling some hunger. DH decided he wanted a pizza. (no sense in messing up the ultra clean kitchen he said.) I ate my planned salad. It was a wonderful salad - lettuce, chicken, cheese, raisins, homemade crutons, evvo & vinegar. But, it wasn't pizza. I even got through dinner without a bite of pizza. However, I felt so 'deprived' that later on I ate an extra 500 calories or so. That number isn't the end of the world. It's that horrible feeling that I was deprived of pizza - even though it was pepperoni and I don't like that kind of pizza very much. My extra eating was totally a 'rebound' eating spree. I need to learn that just because DH is eating something it doesn't mean that I get to eat whatever he eats. This is so hard for me. I struggle with it.

Like I said above, 500 calories isn't the end of the world in extra food. However, it felt so bingey. That's not good. Today is a new day and I will make a new foodplan.

Today I got to change my ticker today. Like Uber girl, I've had a huge 'swoosh':

Last Tuesday 11/4 - 225 pounds - after at least a week of being way off plan. (offline too with no computer) I felt horrible. My fingers were swollen, etc. I got back on my plan.
Last Wednesday 11/5 - I weighed 221. (down 4 overnight) I am certain it was water that my body let go of. I felt better.
Last Friday 11/7 - I weighed 218 (back to my ticker weight) - this is what I weighed about three weeks ago.
- Today I weigh 216. So that's 9 pounds since last Tuesday. I am grateful. I am absolutely certain that a major portion of this loss is water. I am glad to be rid of the water and weight for sure. I feel better, especially with the water weight gone. I could feel the 'heaviness' of the water in my body. I am happy, however to see 216 again & I get to change my ticker.

dgrammie - kudos for eating those raw veggies. That is a good reminder to me... when I have a salad already made up that is nice to have handy for a meal or a side dish.

losetoall - I hope your friend's surgery has the very best result. You said. "not throwing in the towel like I used to" is a step in the right direction, for sure. It usually really helps me to plan the day's food. That way I don't have those 'food thoughts' spinning around in my head... because, it's already planned out.

justwant2bhealthy - yum, your salmon sounds so good. Credit for getting some cleaning and sorting done.

I hope you have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-14-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hi Relosers,

Beverlyjoy I have tried the fat free half and half, but I think, if I remember right, that they take out the fat but add a bit of corn syrup to make it more palatable... The coffee tastes bitter to me with 1 percent, so yesterday, I tried adding about a TBS of the evaporated milk to the 1 percent and that tasted good.
Funky and Justwant2b Check out Lands end. You can get pants that have high waists and a lot of other just "average" clothes and they come in all sizes. Are you guys in Canada? Not sure if that makes a difference.

Took a whirlwind trip to and from Boston yesterday-- had to get up at 4 am, and was overjoyed to weigh in at 262-- down another pound. Didn't have enough time to eat breakfast. I grabbed a yogurt and some berries to eat in the car, but didn't have time to eat it. Luckily, I threw an apple in my purse because I didn't get a chance to eat again until almost one, after HOURS of non-stop running around. I was FAMISHED. Ended up in a restaurant that had NO good choices! Ordered a chicken ceasar salad, which was really the only option, ate the whole thing and an hour later was starving again. Didn't get dinner until I got home at almost 9 pm. Luckily there was still a whole lot of delicious low-cal soup from the day before, so I ate that and some plain yogurt with berries. Felt like I spent the entire day running around while simultaneously being CRAZY hungry, and was rewarded by the scale showing 264 this morning!! Of course, I know that it's water weight-- I always retain water when I travel, and today, I'm drinking lots of water. Obviously, it would have helped if I'd gotten up ten minutes earlier and had time to eat my breakfast, but it was such whirlwind trip that I simply didn't have time to eat much. Next time, I will for sure pack some almonds in my purse. The good news is that I stayed on plan in spite of the obstacles.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #54  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning Everyone!

Uber, good for you for sticking to your plan throughout your busy, hungry day. I am so bad at that. I can't stand to feel even a little bit of hunger. As soon as it starts my brain starts ringing alarm bells. Must eat something now! I usually keep some almonds in purse for these occasions, because if I don't I will eat the first thing in my path. It's stupid, really. I remember DH telling me one day that it wasn't going to kill me to be a little bit hungry and wait for dinner.

Beverlyjoy, what a nice gift from your Mom. Our cleaning lady came in yesterday too, but I wasn't too happy with the job she did on the kitchen floor. Congrats on the whoosh! I feel deprived sometimes too, but maybe it is better to have one slice of pizza with a side salad, that way you don't feel deprived and aren't prone to a binge? I'm not sure. We need to figure out solutions that are going to work for a lifetime, I know that. This is all so complicated, isn't it?

Rosebud, good for you for getting the PC room tidied up. I need to do that before Christmas as that is the room one of my sons is going to sleep in.

Funky, prayers for your friend. Hope all goes well.

dgramie, WTG on the veggies. I am not much of a raw veggie eater. Now give me a plate of roasted veggies, and I am all over it.

Well, I have to weigh in at Weight Watchers today even though I just weighed in on Saturday. We are going to be away this weekend, so won't be able to go to the Saturday meeting. I am a bit nervous about this trip. There will be a lot of eating in restaurants, which usually spells trouble. I will just have to make the best choices possible. My goal is to come back home with a loss, however small.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #55  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

I am happy to say this is my first successful re-attempt at getting back to previous weight. I am down 7lbs already and feeling super motivated!

Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #56  
Rosebud

AVE ~ Congrats, that's a great start ...

BEVERLJOY ~ like someone else suggested, I go ahead and have that slice of pizza and a salad -- that way I don't ever have to feel deprived becuz I luv, luv, luv pizza. I also make my veggie pita pizzas for lunch 1-2 times a week. Ask your dietician, I'd bet she would say you can eat pizza. The key issue is moderation, I think. Usually, I eat my salad first, so that fills me up before I eat the pizza. You are doing very well on your weightloss too. As you say, carry on ...

JUDYLYNN ~ have a great trip and just do your best. I love roasted veggies too; make them all the time but I am starting to like raw veggies and salads a lot as well. They are becoming a staple for me.

UBERGIRL ~ thanks for the tip about the clothes place; will look into that. Yes, I do live in Canada; not sure if they are here though. You had a good food day when you went to Boston anyways; yes, it's a good idea to take some protein like almonds with you next time.

We had a good day here; got lots done. My weekly chores (like the bathroom) plus some more fall cleaning. Only have a few things left to do but I keep thinking of more things each day. Food was good (made tomato patties with coleslaw, and veggies). I even went out for a walk after dinner tonight ast the sidewalks and roads were clear. Happy that I had no pain tonight, so was able to do the whole block. Despite a nippy wind, I enjoyed it and was glad I went out.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-14-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hi All,

Avezy So happy that you are off to a good start. I'm down 10 since my restart and I'm amazed at how good it feels.

JudyLynn It's funny that I don't really mind being genuinely hungry. I'm a compulsive/binge eater, so the feeling that I get when I feel like I "must" eat is really nothing like hunger. I find real hunger easier to ignore that compulsive desire to eat. Isn't that weird? Good Luck with the weigh in!

Beverly Joy Boy do I get "feeling bingey" but it sounds as if you handled it fine.

Justwant2b What are tomato patties? Sounds yummy.

Another good day. Still feeling pretty hungry though. When I eat mostly veggies and protein I get sort of bored. But my strategy of eating more of my calories earlier in the day seems to be working very well.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:14 AM   #58  

Height: 5'7"

Felt blah yesterday(tom) and made myself go for a walk in the cold crisp air and guess what...I felt better!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #59  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Great job ubergirl and avezy on the losses!!!

I am down 3.8 pounds this week to 209.0; that is 110 pounds gone!

Keep up the good work and positive thoughts everyone. We can make this a very successful holiday period for weight loss and maintenance!!

Laters!!
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #60  

Hi relosers/friends... I had a healthy day yesterday. I am grateful.

I kind of have myself in a tizzy about Thanksgiving weekend. We will have seven people from our family here for four days. I know my SIL is bringing four pies. DH and SIL have decided to go down Memory Lane with the restaurant food of their childhood. We have lots of family gatherings here, at our BIL's, our neighbors, etc. It hard to explain, but, sometimes I feel kind of 'frantic' when I am around lots of food I can't have, don't know what will be available or haven't planned for. It would be easy to say who cares for the long weekend. I don't really want to do this.

I am very excited to see my family - it's just the food that I find hard to face.

I guess... 'tis the season' is beginning.

Some ideas are:
-I plan to have healthy foods available too - so I CAN make better choices. I don't want to feel deprived for the four days.
- as Dr. Beck suggests allow several hundred calories for each day - like I was on vacation.
- I am in charge of the food that goes into my mouth.
- Not fair - oh well.
- Tatoo 'moderation' to my brain.
- Eat to live... don't live to eat. Food is just nourishment. (hard to wrap my head around, but, true)
- Enjoy family more than food- including my two grandkids.
- Willingness to use my resistance techniques. (the D's - Distance myself, Drink Water, Distractions, Deep Breathing, Don't drive for food, Don't be a baby.)
- Call a 'food friend'.
- learn from the past, plan for the future, but, take it one day/meal/snack at a time.
- NO second helpings

Any of you have a gang in for the weekend, too?

Thanks so much.

Hope you are all having a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-15-2012 at 03:35 PM.